The Best Drone with the Buggiest Firmware?
1451 16 2018-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

I am completely bowled over

How is it possible that the Most Popular and touted as the Best Drone for 2018 can be the one that with a firmware upgrade became the failure of 2018?
Everywhere the Mavic Air is touted as the Best Drone for 2018
However for good number of Owners/Pilots it`s become a NIGHTMARE  because DJI does not give a damn.  Those are the pilots that fly a lot as it seems that for an unexplicable reason the more you fly the MA the more pronounced the bugs become.
At first it becomes sluggy
Then more and more unresponsive to the point that the ONLY command that works is RTH.
Though there are pages and pages of complaints DJI is more quiet than the dead.

The picture below was created by some other user

Mavic Air Buggy Firmware.jpg
2018-6-26
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

DJI please inform Mavic Air Owners to return their machines

DJI SHOULD BE ISSUING A BLANKET RETURN FOR ALL OWNERS THAT HAVE EXPERIENCED DAMAGE FROM THE .0400 FIRMWARE UPGRADE REGARDLESS OF WHETHER IT IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY OR NOT.

Regardless of where it was bought they should just return it to the importer of their country for a replacement.

Why should every owner/pilot now go through the process of logging a support issue????
2018-6-26
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Why would they when 99%+ of users are happily flying their Airs with no issues what-so-ever?
2018-6-26
Use props
ldgjGuy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 392795 ft
Netherlands

You have also an issue with your "capsLock" key. Try to replace your keyboard, it might fix your problem.
2018-6-26
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Didn’t the wind blow yours into a wall? Why are you mad at DJI.
2018-6-26
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

You flew yours into a wall. Mine has never been anywhere near a wall. Mine still works great.
2018-6-26
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fly mine a ton with Litchi and Go 4.  No issues.  She’s been quite reliable.
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

HendrikJB, sorry for the unpleasant experience with the drone and the firmware, the firmware is usually released to fix some issues or add some new functions, do you mean the image transmission is delayed and the drone cannot be controlled by RC? Did you send in the drone for evaluation about the issue you are having? More details would be appreciated.
2018-6-26
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-6-26 03:37
Didn’t the wind blow yours into a wall? Why are you mad at DJI.

I actually blamed the wind but from other posts it seems as that the reason it went into the wall was because it was not responding to my commands.I`m not one of those guys that immediately blame others for their problems but if you look at the thread about the result of the .0400 it is obvious that I`m not at fault.
2018-6-27
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-26 04:49
HendrikJB, sorry for the unpleasant experience with the drone and the firmware, the firmware is usually released to fix some issues or add some new functions, do you mean the image transmission is delayed and the drone cannot be controlled by RC? Did you send in the drone for evaluation about the issue you are having? More details would be appreciated.

The fact is that I`m far away from any service centre.  I was also told that I have to pay a criminal evaluation fee and still have to pay extra to get it repaired.

I`m glad that I waited because at first I took the blame until I saw many posts about the buggy firmware and realised that that was the reason why the craft did not respond to my commands from the RC.

I also hate it when a company just assume that the user is at fault.

I was planning on buy the new Mavic Pro 2 and an upgrade MA when it came out, but now I will really reconsider.
2018-6-27
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-6-26 03:39
You flew yours into a wall. Mine has never been anywhere near a wall. Mine still works great.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
2018-6-27
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-6-26 03:40
Fly mine a ton with Litchi and Go 4.  No issues.  She’s been quite reliable.

Thank you for the information.  Appreciated
2018-6-27
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

ldgjGuy Posted at 2018-6-26 03:31
You have also an issue with your "capsLock" key. Try to replace your keyboard, it might fix your problem.

Ha ha ha.

I wanted to make sure THAT YOU read it clearly.
2018-6-27
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

gnirtS Posted at 2018-6-26 03:30
Why would they when 99%+ of users are happily flying their Airs with no issues what-so-ever?

Not according to another thread on the firmware .0400
2018-6-27
Use props
ldgjGuy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 392795 ft
Netherlands

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-6-27 11:56
Ha ha ha.

I wanted to make sure THAT YOU read it clearly.

hahahaha
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-6-27 11:52
The fact is that I`m far away from any service centre.  I was also told that I have to pay a criminal evaluation fee and still have to pay extra to get it repaired.

I`m glad that I waited because at first I took the blame until I saw many posts about the buggy firmware and realised that that was the reason why the craft did not respond to my commands from the RC.

It seems your drone was crashed into the wall according to the previous post, did you contact our support team to report the accident for data analysis? If the accident was not caused by pilot error per the data analysis, we will provide the warranty service as long as the drone is still in warranty period.
2018-6-28
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

https://forum.dji.com/thread-151367-1-1.html
2018-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules