Landing + Prop Shutoff
1147 12 2015-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

Since getting my Inspire 1 back from repair and upgrading to the latest firmware, I have to say it flys the best it has ever flown and finally as smooth as everyone else claims it does. I had a lot of loss of signal, drifting, etc from day 1. All has been fixed.

What I do now notice however is that when I land my inspire and go to shut the props off with both sticks center and down is that i will get sudden surge of power and the bird will make a slight movement sideways sometimes almost tipping. I thought it might have been my error but I've done 5 flights now and happens each time. What is causing this?
2015-5-17
Use props
vincetcn
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Why can't you hold down the down stick after landing to shutdown the motor rather than using two sticks?

I never experience that before; I'm saying while the motor is in idling speed and I shutdown using both sticks.
2015-5-17
Use props
MJDMike
lvl.3

United States

Great to hear your bird is good now.

I can't say exactly what's happening when you are using both sticks to shut down, but the same was happening to me.   I suspect that I wasn't holding the sticks perfectly still, and the slight stick movement caused the aircraft to jump slightly to one side.

I solved my issue by only using the left stick full down to shut the motors off.  Just a thought.

-Mike
2015-5-17
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

vincetcn Posted at 2015-5-18 06:11
Why can't you hold down the down stick after landing to shutdown the motor rather than using two sti ...

So just hold down the left stick only? No both sticks middle center? I didn't know that shuts props off too.
2015-5-17
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

MJDMike Posted at 2015-5-18 06:13
Great to hear your bird is good now.

I can't say exactly what's happening when you are using both s ...

So just bring her down to 5 feet or so until the auto gear down kicks in then slowly bring down to touch ground and left stick straight down until props shut off?
2015-5-17
Use props
vincetcn
lvl.2

Hong Kong

scooterlam Posted at 2015-5-18 06:17
So just bring her down to 5 feet or so until the auto gear down kicks in then slowly bring down to ...

Yes that will do the tricks.
2015-5-17
Use props
crossfittb
lvl.3

United States

So just bring her down to 5 feet or so until the auto gear down kicks in then slowly bring down to ...

Yes that will do it.
2015-5-17
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Yes hold the stick for 3 sek and your motors stops. That is a more smooth way of doing it.

Glad you are up in air again - looking forward to more of you videos and your videoknowledge  
2015-5-17
Use props
MJDMike
lvl.3

United States

scooterlam Posted at 2015-5-18 06:14
So just hold down the left stick only? No both sticks middle center? I didn't know that shuts prop ...

Exactly!  That will do it, and much smoother for me.
2015-5-17
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

Thanks everyone - just went out again and works perfect. It's the little things ;)
2015-5-17
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Yes ... ALWAYS do it like this (left stick down only) ... the other way I would only use for emergency shut down in flight ... to risky to do when on the ground ... in worst case if you don´t get the timing right it could tilt the bird causing the propeller to hit the ground ...  
2015-5-18
Use props
eaglecook
lvl.2
United States

That's the way I always shut down, but I have always wondered if I was at 350ft and put the throttle stick all the way down for 3 sec, would the motors shut off? I know I am not going to try it,... anyone ever do this by mistake (and willing to admit it :-) )?
2015-5-18
Use props
Shadrack
lvl.2

Canada

eaglecook Posted at 2015-5-19 05:27
That's the way I always shut down, but I have always wondered if I was at 350ft and put the throttle ...

No it won't shut down in the air like that otherwise fast descents would be much faster
2015-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules