Splicing Drone footage w/ cache audio & mix w/ GoPro - 4wd driving
816 3 2018-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rick bernotas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 194944 ft
United States

Does anyone have an easier way to do this?

The local cache video is overcompressed and the audio is always totally out of sync for me, so I don't like to use it as source footage for video.  But what I have been doing is splitting the local cache audio from the video footage, using VLC.  Then I try to match up the audio with the video source from the SD card.  I always kind of get it, but it's always tricky to line it up perfectly.

I like to use that cache audio because it adds context to the drone footage in this case.

I wish DJI had some tools to make it easy to line up that cache audio with the uncompressed SD card video.  Also wish there was some collaboration between DJI and GoPro such that there were tools to more easiliy or automatically align GoPro video with the drone video, so its easier to toggle between drone POV and vehicle/driver POV.  I know it'll never happen now but I wish they had kept working together like just before Mavic, it seems like there could be some interesting automated video editing solutions to be collaborated on by these guys.

Maybe I need to pay up for better video editing tools... not really sure what's out there for this kind of thing.

2018-6-27
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

You have done it again Rick ! I like the change of view while Offroading. Welldone !

Thank you for sharing such nice footage, I love it !

2018-6-27
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

would it be better to record audio separately? and you don't need to use all the audio but mostly in the "key" moments.
just a thought.
cool video by the way!
2018-6-27
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Interesting what an expensive new jeep can do.  I had an old AMC CJ-7 with a 10mph v8 that would have been no loss if it was damaged.  New vehicles seem too pricy to risk needing repair.  

You might look into getting a Zoom H1 off of Amazon for $99 to get your audio.  It has built in mics or get a cheap mic with a good dead cat windsock to add to it to get the sound from where you want.  Not too much money to see if you want to fuss with better sound.  Click your fingers together in camera view to sync the sound or use the bang of skidplates off rocks.  People used to click a board with movie info on it and say, "Take 342,...Roll sound.  Roll film.  Action!" to sync the sound.
2018-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules