Firmware upgrade P3 without removing the MicroSD?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ton.veenhof
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi,

I've been flying the P2 for nearly a year and loved ease of use of the device, including the ease of firmware upgrades.

Now received and unpacked my P3 to find out that in order to upgrade the firmware I should remove the SD card from the gimbal, buy an SD card holder to stick the card in my PC, transfer the file, return the SD card etc.

Can't I just attach the P3 to my PC with the Gimbal's MicroUSB port and move the firmware file to the SD card while the card is in the Gimbal? I can copy photo's and video's FROM the camera's SD card like that, so why not copy to the firmware file TO the SD card the same way?

I'd appreciate your input!

Ton Veenhof
the Netherlands

2015-5-18
Use props
davemex
lvl.2

United States

Yes, with the USB cable you can plug your computer up to the gimbal and it will act like an external drive. Drop the files onto the card, unplug the computer, reboot the P3 and then the upgrade will start. Once the P3 is upgraded, then plug the USB cable from the gimbal into the back of the controller to allow the controller to update. You should be good to go then!
2015-5-18
Use props
PublicRealtor
lvl.2

United States

I just received my P3A and followed the DJI fireware directions to the letter. It will not update. Don't even make the upadting DDDD sound I've heard about and seen on various vids. I don't know what to do now.
The P2 was easy, just connect to PC.
2015-5-18
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-5-18
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15207 ft
United States

PublicRealtor@g Posted at 2015-5-19 02:45
I just received my P3A and followed the DJI fireware directions to the letter. It will not update. D ...

I Just followed the directions and waited twice the time limit they suggested, updates went fine for P3 and Tx.
2015-5-19
Use props
PublicRealtor
lvl.2

United States

I got it working. Very happy
2015-5-19
Use props
bdfresh
New

United States

PublicRealtor@g Posted at 2015-5-20 02:32
I got it working. Very happy

Greetings PublicRealtor, do you recall what you did in order to successfully install the update?

Unfortunately, I'm unable to get pass this darn critical error ()
2015-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules