Latest firmware update question
605 4 2018-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chewbacca
lvl.2

Hi all,

So, i have not used my p4p for a couple.of months but need to use it for a wedding in a coupme of weeks, i am curently running an older firmware that seems stable (ish) my dji app is telling me tgat new firmware is available - should i update it? Are people experiencing issues with it? I took my drone to Brazil at xmas and as soon as i arrived there was an update which i did but then some of pics came back pink?? I rolled back the firmware and it solved the issue.

Basically im asking if its advisable by people that have done it to uodate tge firmware or stay with what i have?

Thanks!
2018-7-1
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

If you have a running system don't update until that event is over.
You don't want to give yourself a headache with possible firmware issues.
Since you haven't flown for quite some time:
Make sure your batteries are all ok. Some people reported issues after waking up their batteries after winter time ;-)
2018-7-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, apologies for any troubles you are having with your app. May I ask what is the brand or make of your mobile device?
2018-7-1
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would leave until after your event, just check the lipos are ok
2018-7-1
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I would expect the version that gave you issues around Christmas was 1.5.300. Did you then go back to 1.4.602 or are you still on the buggy one?
The current version 1.5.600 has resolved the 5.300 issues so that would be the right one to choose it you're still on .300, on the other hand if you're now back on 1.4.602 and it is working for you, you might better stay there until the wedding is over. If you do upgrade to current 1.5.600 you still would have the choice of rolling back to both 1.5.300 and 1.4.602.

Current controller version is 1.4.1.0, if you have the + you might stay from upgrading at the moment as several users have experienced laggy response and app freezes. for other devices in general it is my impression that the latest app version is messing up for a lot of users so it would be worth to test what you have now before upgrading the app.
2018-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules