what image sensor and chipset used in mavic pro?
1992 2 2018-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chrysopelea
New
Flight distance : 22464 ft
Canada

I just got the MP and really have bad experience with the video photography. I also spent extra money to get the polarpro ND filter to get good footage but honestly the video photography of the MP doesn't come closed to my Yi Camera mounted on my racing drone.

I capture the the sun and it all washed out even with the help of ND16 cinematic series from polarpro.
I post a link to my racing drone footage capture using Yi Camera.
How can i achive such exposure just like my racing drone? I like the drone and the gimbal but the camera really throws me off.
Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

2018-7-10
Use props
mjeschke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 397651 ft
United States

DJI did an absolute adismal job integrating these image sensors. They use Sony sensors but the image quality they get from them is of the worst I've seen. The video encoding destroys the footage and looks very artifical at best. To get best results on my gear:

Mavic Pro - Sharpness setting 1 (if you put lower will do noise reduction and destroy any footage), 100 ISO 1/100 exposure or faster (motion blur is much greater from a drone so I don't follow 180 degree rule).

P4P - F7.1 or higher, 1/100 or faster shutter, h.265, sharpness of 1 (anything lower enables noise reduction). The footage is still a noisy mess.
Avoid D-log color mode... unless very high dynamic range shoot.

I'm VERY discouraged with the image quality from these DJI drones. Waiting for a competitor to come out with something better. GoPro in these series of cameras is by far the best, other than you cannot adjust apterature and is 8-bit color (P4P and Mavic Pro are also 8bit color most consumer cameras are 8 bit).

2019-7-11
Use props
mjeschke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 397651 ft
United States

Oh and make note noise grain will get way worse as you go up from ISO 100 on P4P. I almost cannot use ISO 200
2019-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules