Full Batteries - after a crash.
2030 16 2015-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mgstalder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 856650 ft

United States

2 questions after i crashed my drone.  I have a few batteries and understand you don't want to store them fully charged.:
1. how can i Uncharge a full battery while i am waiting for my inspire to be repaired?
2. on a second battery when i hold the power down i get a flashing green light - on the 3rd light - (1-2-1 flashing sequence) - any suggestions?
2015-5-21
Use props
BPoHVoodoo
lvl.2

Germany

1 .Use the additional cable to charge your remote with the inspire batteries. Maybe turning the Remote on will increase speed.
2. http://download.dji-innovations. ... _Manual_v1.2_en.pdf
Page 22.
Maybe "Over charge detected"
2015-5-21
Use props
mgstalder
lvl.1

United States

BPoHVoodoo Posted at 2015-5-21 20:26
1 .Use the additional cable to charge your remote with the inspire batteries. Maybe turning the Remo ...

thanks BpohVooDoo,

unfortunately DJI wanted me to return the controller as well - so i don't have anything except the batteries
2015-5-21
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

TB47 and TB48 are intelligent batteries.

Please read the manual  specific "Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines v1.0"
Please read pages 20-22 of the Inspire 1 User Manual (EN) v1.2

2015-5-21
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this same issue after returning my Inspire and RC for repair.

One caution - I learned that every time you press the battery power button (one quick press) just to check the charge status of a battery, you reset the auto-discharge timer in that battery.  You need to let the batteries sit without checking charge status for at least 10 days (or whatever # of days you may have reset the power cycle timer to), and they will go into auto-discharge cycle.  Without knowing that I was resetting the auto-discharge timer, I was checking the charge status on my 4 TB48 battery every few days and they all remained at 100% charge after 3 weeks!  None of my batteries have swelled, so I hope they are OK when I get my Inspire back from DJI repair.

I believe the auto-discharge only takes the batteries down to 50%.  If you have a friend with an Inspire, perhaps they could fly with each of your batteries to take them down to 25%-50%.  

Unfortunately, you will be without your Inspire for a couple months.  I crashed my Inspire on 4/4, shipped it UPS on 4/13, it was received by DJI on 4/16, it was checked into Zendesk on 4/23, received repair estimate on 5/18, payment made 5/18, payment confirmed 5/19, now waiting for repairs to be performed.  Then there's the return shipping. . .  and waiting for a non-rainy, non-windy day to test it after it returns .
2015-5-21
Use props
mgstalder
lvl.1

United States

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2015-5-21 21:26
I had this same issue after returning my Inspire and RC for repair.

One caution - I learned that ev ...

don't get me started

i crashed mine on April 13th
Called and got an RMA on April 14th
shipped via USPS - they received it on April 17th
DJI finally acknowledges receipt a week later on April 23rd
May 18th - i get an invoice for $266 which i pay immediately via paypal
DJI wants me to send a screenshot of the payment ???  (which i did immediately and also uploaded a pdf version of the payment to the online support ticket on their support tracking website) - May 18th
May 19th - DJI confirms receipt of payment - and states my bird has been sent to the repair shop.
NO ETA on when i will get it back...

they obviously need more staff/repair technicians in California.
2015-5-21
Use props
mgstalder
lvl.1

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-5-21 21:03
TB47 and TB48 are intelligent batteries.

Please read the manual  specific "Intelligent Flight Batt ...

thanks Dundee,

unfortunately - i don't have the bird to do the "slow" or "fast" discharge method - but i now see from David's post that i should NOT be "looking or pressing the battery" every few days - (which i have been doing...
2015-5-21
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mgstalder Posted at 2015-5-21 21:51
don't get me started

i crashed mine on April 13th

Mgstalder,

Looks like we are in the same repair queue at DJI.  Keep me posted in this thread on your bird's repair and return shipment status, and I'll do the same.

Dave Mann
2015-5-21
Use props
mgstalder
lvl.1

United States

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2015-5-21 22:45
Mgstalder,

Looks like we are in the same repair queue at DJI.  Keep me posted in this thread on y ...

i hope they are working on mine before yours

just kidding

i would love to see their process - and make some process improvements along with additional hiring...
2015-5-21
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was under the impression that that batteries would discharge themselves over a period of 10 days (set as default). Mine drone was in the shop for 2 months. The batteries were at 50% or less when I put one in the bird to check once I got it back. The battery i crashed with already had less than 50% power but the other 3 were full.
2015-5-21
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Leave the batteries there and it will self-discharge according to the time you set in app, remember not to push the power button, or it will reset and restart the timer.
2015-5-21
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mgstalder Posted at 2015-5-21 23:17
i hope they are working on mine before yours

just kidding

I received an email this morning (May 28) indicating that my repaired Inspire 1 had been shipped to me FedEx with a tracking no. provided.  Hallelujah!  For my Inspire, that shipment notice came 6 weeks to the day after DJI received my damaged Inspire in California on April 16 and 5 weeks to the day after it was checked in to Zendesk on April 23.
2015-5-28
Use props
MGS
lvl.1

United States

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2015-5-29 05:03
I received an email this morning (May 28) indicating that my repaired Inspire 1 had been shipped t ...

mine must have been just behind yours -

got my email on May 28th - indicating i would have it on June 3rd.

So in summary (so far)

Crashed my bird (my fault) on april 14th -
Got RMA number April 15th
DJI received April 17th (confirm via UPS)
DJI - "logs receipt" April 23rd
ETA - June 3rd

so just short of 7 weeks after they received it
just short of 6 weeks after they "acknowledged" receipt.
2015-6-1
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

I have a question concerning the batteries. Does running T47 or T48 make any difference? What about mixing them? Fly once on a T47 and then on the T48? Do the batteries get mixed up or does the Inspire get mixed up to anyone's knowledge? In other words, I would fly the T47 until it ran out then put in my t48 and flying the rest of the time using it. Any information on this? thanks to all.
2015-6-1
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

jlivingston6@ve Posted at 2015-6-1 23:42
I have a question concerning the batteries. Does running T47 or T48 make any difference? What about  ...

There is no problem interchanging batteries in this way.  Each battery has its own internal memory that deals with that particular battery and is accessed when the Inspire powers up from that battery, so there's no conflicting information to confuse the aircraft.  When you put the discharged T47 on the shelf and plug in a T48, all the Inspire knows when it wakes up is it's using a T48.
2015-6-1
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

Thank you for taking the time to help me. I appreciate you and others who help the community. Again, thank you for the assistance.
2015-6-2
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MGS Posted at 2015-6-1 22:21
mine must have been just behind yours -

got my email on May 28th - indicating i would have i ...

MGS (and any others receiving a repaired Inspire 1 or Phantom 3 back from DJI) -

Be sure to update the firmware of each of your batteries before trying to test out your repaired Inspire 1. My repaired Inspire 1 was delivered by FedEx today and I was not able to link my RC to the Inspire even though the repair technician at DJI had updated both my aircraft and my transmitter to the latest firmware. I had not returned any batteries to DJI so they had never been updated to the latest firmware version. As soon as I updated the battery firmware of my four batteries - one after the other - to the latest firmware version, the RC immediately linked to the I1 after it was powered on.  

By the way, the battery firmware is updated the same way you update the aircraft firmware - by downloading and putting the firmware bin file in the root directory of a micro SD card, placing that in the camera micro SD card slot and powering up the I1 (leaving the RC off). You will get the repeating four D-D-D-D beeps for a couple minutes then the repeating D-DD beep pattern indicating all firmware is updated. After powering down the I1 after each update, you should check the text file on the micro SD card to confirm the update was successful.  Each battery firmware update requires only a couple minutes.
2015-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules