Moisture in Lens
7422 19 2018-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheHammer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276001 ft
Australia

Hi , has anybody got a fix for the moisture problem in the lens of the camera . It happens more often in the morning., after researching it’s a more common then DJI  will admit to, I haven’t crashed it, or played around with the camera , Started about 10 months after I purchased. Really frustrating when fliming , other then buying a new camera for it , is there a simple fix.
2018-7-16
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Yes, store your Mavic in a plastic bag on a warm place with a pair of Silica Gel dry bags around the camera. Then the moisture in the camera shut disappear quite fast.

Regards Leif.
2018-7-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

If mositure continues to appear, then slowly disappear - eventually mositure will leave some residue degrading quality.  If inside of lens is coated, depending on coating, it is possible for moisture to damage coating.
2018-7-16
Use props
EricCaesar
lvl.1
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-16 21:16
If mositure continues to appear, then slowly disappear - eventually mositure will leave some residue degrading quality.  If inside of lens is coated, depending on coating, it is possible for moisture to damage coating.

so how do you fix it
2018-7-16
Use props
TheHammer
lvl.1
Australia

That's what i meant with a fix...example, very carefully seal around lens..I have nothing to lose ..not in warranty ...Thought someone would have tried it...DJI new gimbal and camera $357.00, i'm not a millionaire
2018-7-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Going with moisture problem being "in the lens of the camera".   Not on outside of lens.

Moisture forms on inside of camera and lens when camera and lens become colder than dew-point of air inside camera, resulting in condensation.

Need to know whether camera body or lens has an air leak sufficient to allow quick exchange of humid air into camera.

Try storing drone as previously suggest.  Keeping it in air drier and warmer than surrounding environment.
2018-7-16
Use props
TheHammer
lvl.1
Australia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-16 23:17
Going with moisture problem being "in the lens of the camera".   Not on outside of lens.

Moisture forms on inside of camera and lens when camera and lens become colder than dew-point of air inside camera, resulting in condensation.

So ok..i get what your saying , but my mate beside me who has the same mavic pro doesn't have the issue, we both take off at the same time , both fly in the same area, i have seen him crash his,but no problem with camera..i am going to try to seal it ..will let you know the results..Thanks for replys
2018-7-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

TheHammer Posted at 2018-7-17 00:10
So ok..i get what your saying , but my mate beside me who has the same mavic pro doesn't have the issue, we both take off at the same time , both fly in the same area, i have seen him crash his,but no problem with camera..i am going to try to seal it ..will let you know the results..Thanks for replys

Make sure you get inside area of Camera / lens area dry before sealing.  Otherwise, you are only sealing in moisture already present.
2018-7-17
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

you should contact dji as they maybe will give you a replacement
2018-7-17
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

TheHammer Posted at 2018-7-17 00:10

by the way how long you have been flying it?
2018-7-17
Use props
TheHammer
lvl.1
Australia

I have been flying for 2yrs and have had the mavic 18 months.
2018-7-17
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-7-17
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-7-17
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-7-17
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-7-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

El Diablo Posted at 2018-7-17 05:09
What do you mean by 'getting inside', open the camera module? (hope you are not suggesting that). He doesn't need to open anything, he just need to wait until the condensation trully evaporates and follow the other steps i wrote to him. 100% guarantee.

No.  See previous comments further up about storing drone in dry / warm environment to get moisture out of inside.
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry to know about this issue with your DJI Mavic Pro. Please email DJI Support regarding this issue at support@dji.com for further help.
2018-7-17
Use props
GYauck
lvl.1

Argentina

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-16 21:16
If mositure continues to appear, then slowly disappear - eventually mositure will leave some residue degrading quality.  If inside of lens is coated, depending on coating, it is possible for moisture to damage coating.

Hello, can you help me, i think i have the problem you described..... This is the lens of my Spark, the marks are inside of the lens i think... I can fix this?  And if this cant be fixed, it make the quality worst?
Thanks.
https://ibb.co/DMbg7Zg
https://ibb.co/S74NTn0
2019-2-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

GYauck Posted at 2-2 09:47
Hello, can you help me, i think i have the problem you described..... This is the lens of my Spark, the marks are inside of the lens i think... I can fix this?  And if this cant be fixed, it make the quality worst?
Thanks.
https://ibb.co/DMbg7Zg

You can try putting drone in a seal-able container or bag with drying material.  People often use uncooked rice or silica gel packets.   You can get silica gel packs or canisters at stores which carry guns and ammo.

Harder to accomplish, is to put drone on something that is providing heat that is slightly warmer than surrounding room temperature.  Not so hot that drone is warmed beyond its specs.  Definitely without battery pack.

From pictures, I can't tell if moisture has done any permanent damage.   Best of luck!
2019-2-2
Use props
fans4b0b4714
New

Mine was the same from Brand new. I kept flying it by line of site and after 8 full batteries of flying over 2 days it went away. I will let you know if it comes back
2019-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules