Purchased my first drone, question about signal
584 15 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anishjoshi10
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Guys

Glad to let you know i've purchased my first drone DJI mavic air, picked it up for £814 for the fly more combo! Excited to get it, have read a few issues about it losing signal quite often.

Is this still an issue with many of you guys, or has recent firmware updates solved this problem?

Regards

Anish
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the trouble. May I  know what firmware version, DJI Go 4 app version and mobile device your are using? Did you receive an error message on the APP?
2018-7-17
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

The only problem I had with mine in the beginning was a constant problem with disconnects. My particular issue was the crap cables that come with the MA. Once I started to connect my phone to the bottom USB on the controller, and not to the side USB on the controller, my problem has gone away, never another disconnect. Here is a video that shows the same issues I was having and how he, and I corrected them.
2018-7-17
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

Congrats Anish for your new Mavic Air; Happy Droning
2018-7-17
Use props
anishjoshi10
lvl.2

United Kingdom

thanks guys, its not actually arrived yet but read up on a lot of issues for people losing signal all the time so wasn't sure if it was fixed with updates etc..
2018-7-17
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Congrats on your new bird.
2018-7-17
Use props
PdeG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34019 ft
Netherlands

Bill B Posted at 2018-7-17 02:13
The only problem I had with mine in the beginning was a constant problem with disconnects. My particular issue was the crap cables that come with the MA. Once I started to connect my phone to the bottom USB on the controller, and not to the side USB on the controller, my problem has gone away, never another disconnect. Here is a video that shows the same issues I was having and how he, and I corrected them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t1Lf_dxeHE

I had the same problem and I did the same, replaced the flat USB cable with a descent Anker cable, problem solved.
2018-7-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Use this it’s great advice.

2018-7-17
Use props
djiuser_d5AB3tThUK7P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10945 ft

I also have purchased my first drone. MA paid mid 800 for the combo. I've been having signal problems since day 1 I've had it not for 3 weeks. I love the drone I think it's awesome, but I can't take it further than 500ft if I do I lose signal. Really wish I could cure the problem. I am going to try another lead straight from the USB to my phone and see if that works.
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

anishjoshi10 Posted at 2018-7-17 03:53
thanks guys, its not actually arrived yet but read up on a lot of issues for people losing signal all the time so wasn't sure if it was fixed with updates etc..

Please make sure to do all the steps that you need to do before you fly your drone such as; linking your remote controller to your aircraft, imu, compass and gimbal calibration, and please make sure that your firmware is all updated. If you have any other question, please let us know. Happy flying!
2018-7-17
Use props
anishjoshi10
lvl.2

djiuser_d5AB3tThUK7P Posted at 2018-7-17 12:40
I also have purchased my first drone. MA paid mid 800 for the combo. I've been having signal problems since day 1 I've had it not for 3 weeks. I love the drone I think it's awesome, but I can't take it further than 500ft if I do I lose signal. Really wish I could cure the problem. I am going to try another lead straight from the USB to my phone and see if that works.

where did you purchase it for 800?
2018-7-17
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

I have the MA, I have not had a signal loss yet.. I run on 5.8ghz and got about 800ft away before the signal got down to 1 bar.
I have changed to a 2.4ghz channel but as yet the wind has been a bit strong to test that.
From what I have read I should easily reach 1500ft (500m) the max range allowed under the drone code in the UK, as long as I fly high enough.
Low flying and long range don't mix.
IIRC I paid about £810 for the flymore combo about 2 months ago.
2018-7-17
Use props
djiuser_d5AB3tThUK7P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10945 ft

Hi guys is there any other help out there for losing signal, 500ft and signal has gone, I have changed my cable to quality Anker ones and still the same problems. I've made sure everything is up to date and signal problems still the same. Really need help as this is a big problem for me and I'm stuck and can't think of anything else. It's a new MA drone only 3 weeks old
2018-7-21
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Try downgrading your app to say 4.2.12 for example. Download the apk from apkpure or apkmirror.
2018-7-21
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

djiuser_d5AB3tThUK7P Posted at 2018-7-21 10:51
Hi guys is there any other help out there for losing signal, 500ft and signal has gone, I have changed my cable to quality Anker ones and still the same problems. I've made sure everything is up to date and signal problems still the same. Really need help as this is a big problem for me and I'm stuck and can't think of anything else. It's a new MA drone only 3 weeks old

Are you using flight setting on your phone. It normally help.
2018-7-21
Use props
Zam44
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60958 ft
Malaysia

anishjoshi10 Posted at 2018-7-17 03:53
thanks guys, its not actually arrived yet but read up on a lot of issues for people losing signal all the time so wasn't sure if it was fixed with updates etc..

Wise move. Read up and go through you tube videos they help a lot.
2018-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules