Droning In Cyprus
789 6 2018-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Atyl1972
lvl.2

hey guys

I'm very new to the forum so hi again to everyone. ok, I am going on hoilday/vacation next month to cyprus and while i understand i have to register with their CAA on an open license, does anyone know if training whilst out there is a must whilst useing my drone for recreational use?
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. I highly recommend you to check their rules and regulation on the drones before you go there. You may check the link below from Cyprus Department of Civil Aviation for more information. Click FAQ and download the PDF file. Thank you.

https://www.drones.gov.cy/mcw/dc ... en/home_en?openform
2018-7-24
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>

go to cyprus every year Protarus and you totaly ok to fly, just as long as you are sensible and DONT fly over hotels as i seen one guy loose his MAVIC PRO this way, it was his own fault for not flying properly and obeying the rules of any country by not putting people in danger, and respecting privacy..i have had police officers talking to me and me showing them what it can do they asked me not to put them in the vids ,so i respected that ...have flown Spark two years on trot and just got back with  MA in june
2018-7-25
Use props
Atyl1972
lvl.2

wobbles Posted at 2018-7-25 09:17
go to cyprus every year Protarus and you totaly ok to fly, just as long as you are sensible and DONT fly over hotels as i seen one guy loose his MAVIC PRO this way, it was his own fault for not flying properly and obeying the rules of any country by not putting people in danger, and respecting privacy..i have had police officers talking to me and me showing them what it can do they asked me not to put them in the vids ,so i respected that ...have flown Spark two years on trot and just got back with  MA in june

Please read section 6 (3) iii open category, specifically about the training. I wanted to know for sure as if I get stopped out there and the police ask for proof of training, I won't have any. yes I shall register once I get the drone and have been informed from their CAA that I won't receive a reply from them after registering as its open category, not commercial licensing. yeah, I guess I'm just concerned about the training, as the company out the re are called 360ifly, and they charge €175 for the necessary training, also there has been confiscations out there too!
2018-7-25
Use props
Atyl1972
lvl.2

Atyl1972 Posted at 2018-7-25 09:59
Please read section 6 (3) iii open category, specifically about the training. I wanted to know for sure as if I get stopped out there and the police ask for proof of training, I won't have any. yes I shall register once I get the drone and have been informed from their CAA that I won't receive a reply from them after registering as its open category, not commercial licensing. yeah, I guess I'm just concerned about the training, as the company out the re are called 360ifly, and they charge €175 for the necessary training, also there has been confiscations out there too!

https://www.drones.gov.cy/mcw/dc ... 6AC22581ED00447DEB/$file/UAVS%20Decree%20402-2015-english%20tanslation%20last%20revision%20jan%202016%20(3).pdf
2018-7-25
Use props
Quade
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322871 ft
Cyprus

Just flew here no issues. i registeted. True no response from them. Be safe.. be smart.
2018-7-29
Use props
Atyl1972
lvl.2

Quade Posted at 2018-7-29 21:27
Just flew here no issues. i registeted. True no response from them. Be safe.. be smart.

Rightio, but did you follow their rules by having training whilst there?
2018-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules