Flying
1208 9 2018-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb67f0e73
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61322 ft
United Kingdom

Does anyone have problems with people saying I shouldn’t fly near their houses as my drone has a camera, this has happened twice lately
2018-8-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We understand how you feel. However, I suggest you fly your drone away from houses for privacy and security purposes. If you have other question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-8-4
Use props
landude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126407 ft

To avoid conflicts you should probably find another place to fly.
2018-8-4
Use props
DronerX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 488192 ft
United States

landude Posted at 2018-8-4 17:05
To avoid conflicts you should probably find another place to fly.

I agree.  There is already a growing privacy concern against us hobbyist droners.  Let's not fuel the fire.  
2018-8-4
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

If you're flying over their houses and back yards illegally, then they have a legitimate beef and you should stay out. If you're flying in a park--legally--then they're being jerks and you don't need to move. Just remember that when dealing with them, honey is sweeter than vinegar.
2018-8-5
Use props
Bender1031
lvl.4
Flight distance : 209938 ft
United States

Luckily for me, that hasn't happened yet.  If it does, I would just show them my footage and show them that I'm not spying on them directly - but just getting shots of the entire area... did you try to talk to them at all and reason with them?
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bender1031 Posted at 2018-8-5 08:41
Luckily for me, that hasn't happened yet.  If it does, I would just show them my footage and show them that I'm not spying on them directly - but just getting shots of the entire area... did you try to talk to them at all and reason with them?

Hi, thanks for sharing your scenario, however, flying your aircraft near in the house may lead to interferences and it may cause incident as well. I would recommend flying the drone in an open area to avoid the incident.  Thank you.
2018-8-5
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Everyone has the Right for his/her Privacy. Just change location, there is a World of Options where to fly the drone.

2018-8-5
Use props
fansb67f0e73
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61322 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks guys, I did speak to the guy and offered to show him my footage, he declined saying I was directly over his house which I wasn’t, I was over a can shooting the lock, I’ll take your advice and fly in open land, cheers
2018-8-5
Use props
Sidd Finch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

Not to be rude but it is really not about how anyone feels it is about the local regulations regarding drones and peoples right to privacy. The more you know in regards to the local laws the better prepared you are to have fun flying.

Sidd
2018-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules