Hi All, I’m nearly back for a third go :-)
707 10 2018-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

I have not had a drone for 2 years nearly, last one was a phantom 4 pro and just looking to see what’s about these days, are there still lots of problems with them ? Or are they all pretty good safe flying machines ? I been look at the pro 4 obsidian model with built in display, I always had my iPad connected to my pro 4 and unsure about the smaller built in screen, what do owners think on here about them
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. Thanks for reaching DJI Forum. As far as I know, Phantom 4 Pro is still doing great. Also, if you want to install a third-party application, I recommend you to purchase the Phantom 4 obsidian with no built-in screen. I also suggest searching for the comparison of each drone. If you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-8-7
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

The plus models are ok but you are very limited in putting 3rd party apps on them. They do have a brighter screen tho.
Some pilots love the p4p + some that have purchased it regret doing so and have bought a standard p4p controller.
The  p4p v2 is suposed to be slightly better than the standard p4p and it also runs a little quieter with new prop designs i believe its about the same price as well.

Oh and welcome back
2018-8-7
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I recently bought a P4 Pro V2, not the plus. It is a fantastic machine with a great camera.
2018-8-7
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for the replies and looking forward to getting another drone, is the p4p V2 got the same camera
2018-8-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

phantom 4 pro ... are there still lots of problems with them ? Or are they all pretty good safe flying machines ?
Still lots of problems?
Yes ... but mostlt with the operators.

The P4 pro has been exceptionally reliable ever since it was launched.
2018-8-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are one or 2 traits though or has been in the past, i.e. fw updates has caused issues, all is well so far on the latest update, Then there is the issue with a few P4P gimbals where if you turn the craft in sports mode one way the gimbal will do a serious wobble, some folks its 1 side, some its the other, now, i do have a theory on this, and that is that the gimbal guard had been left on on 1 or more occasion, whether they want to admit that or not is a different matter, i am not afraid to admit it, i have done it a deffo 3 times but never flown, always caught it during or just after initialization, i could be totally wrong on my theory as i am the only one thats admitted it. Some say its normall, i say if it is then why does it not do it when turning the other way.......

Dont let that put you off, i love it and will change the camera yaw motor sometime soon, its a damn good craft and the v2.0 is supposed it be better than the original Pro
2018-8-7
Use props
donogl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111752 ft

I have recently bought the new Obsidian+ and already love it.
No Problems so far and here you can find my first impressions inkcluding Video footage from Daytime and directly against the sunset etc..
2018-9-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

donogl Posted at 2018-9-14 20:03
I have recently bought the new Obsidian+ and already love it.
No Problems so far and here you can find my first impressions inkcluding Video footage from Daytime and directly against the sunset etc..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv_7wLOoiug

You have 2 names on here..... and i didnt understand a word of that apart from Phantom....
2018-9-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-9-14 20:28
You have 2 names on here..... and i didnt understand a word of that apart from Phantom....

Frankly I don't see the point of posting a review in German.
2018-9-14
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

I have the P4P+
Although the built in screen is obviously smaller than a tablet.  I love the 'plus' because of the screen brightness.  I can still see it reasonably well in  full sunlight.

2018-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules