Recreational airport warning
2142 14 2018-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeroford
lvl.1

While attempting to fly in the San Juan Islands today,I got a warning that I was close to a”recreational airport”. It gave me the option to accept responsibility for safe flying with a YES box, but I could not click it on my iPhone. I rebooted and the same thing happened. I changed locations and was able to take off without the message but it appeared while in flight, covering the screen while in flight, and the YES button was unresponsive again. I had to fly home without the ability to see my screen because I could not close the warning message.

How can I click the YES button in this situation?
2018-8-14
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

If it's the same box I am thinking about,  there is a little circle on the right of the last line of text.....you need to tap that circle to put a check mark in the circle.....then tap the YES

It is hard to see!!!  I have to wear reading glasses and I have an iPad 9.7

Randy
2018-8-14
Use props
Aeroford
lvl.1

Thanks Randy. I’ll look for that tomorrow and hope that I can see it!  
2018-8-14
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

The message Randy is talking about will look something like the following.  Its not a well designed interface and many people have missed the little blue circle when on a small screen in the bright sunlight.  Hopefully seeing it here will help you the next time you are out and about and see it.

2018-8-14
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Yea, as a software engineer, stuff like that drives me nuts. Why they didn't redesign it so by clicking the "Yes" is your affirmation is beyond me. At the least, they could let you click the "Yes" and then tell you that you have to click the obscure blue circle first. Somebody at DJI missed programming interfaces 101.
2018-8-14
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-14 17:25
Yea, as a software engineer, stuff like that drives me nuts. Why they didn't redesign it so by clicking the "Yes" is your affirmation is beyond me. At the least, they could let you click the "Yes" and then tell you that you have to click the obscure blue circle first. Somebody at DJI missed programming interfaces 101.

Somebody at DJI missed programming interfaces 101.

Now there is an understatement.  
Thinking Coding Optimization 101, along with Coding for Performance 101.
(Loop unrolling, Reorganizing nested loops, Calls to optimized machine code, Look-up tables, and using tunning tools.)

2018-8-14
Use props
Aeroford
lvl.1

As a retired computer science professor, I'm glad that at least some people are paying attention to UI! Unfortunately, no one at DJI is!  In addition, I'm significantly color blind so I just didn't see that little blue circle. Thanks for input from you all!

-Doug
2018-8-15
Use props
fans32a9fd5c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7280 ft
United States

I had the same issue. Didn't realize the small Blue circle.  I was so frustrated that I almost decided to return the brand new Mavic Air... until I wore my glasses and saw the Blue circle... Really poor UI design and too much Lawyer BS with DJI.
2018-8-15
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately this is an issue the continues to keep coming up for new users over a long period of time.  Hopefully one of the DJI mods in this forum will read this thread and pass along the feedback to the appropriate teams within DJI that could do something about it.
2018-8-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes the blue circle needs tick first, the screen is see through although difficult to see clearly, you should have been able to see all telemetry. Hopefully dji will try clearing up a number of these hidden buttons, to buttons that are more obvious.
2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, there will be a message that you need to agree by clicking the blue circle as well like KlooGee mentioned. We do apologize if the icon if it's not really noticeable. Please let us know if you need our help. Thank you.
2018-8-15
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-15 16:45
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, there will be a message that you need to agree by clicking the blue circle as well like KlooGee mentioned. We do apologize if the icon if it's not really noticeable. Please let us know if you need our help. Thank you.

Yes, but you must realize that it is quite difficult to see in most scenarios. Like imagine if your on a bright beach with the sun reflecting off the waves. Theres no way you can see that. If it were larger or had a different color, that would make it better imo.
2018-8-16
Use props
Nancy SEO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434849 ft
United States

DJI doesn't appear to consider UI/UX with the app. It could easily be made into a better contrasting color. SMDH.
2018-8-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2018-8-16 22:08
Yes, but you must realize that it is quite difficult to see in most scenarios. Like imagine if your on a bright beach with the sun reflecting off the waves. Theres no way you can see that. If it were larger or had a different color, that would make it better imo.

Hi, thanks for the feedback, we have forwarded your concern to our engineers for them to be notified in regards to this. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you.
2018-8-17
Use props
fans3c31bb13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33606 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-17 09:23
Hi, thanks for the feedback, we have forwarded your concern to our engineers for them to be notified in regards to this. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you.

Hi all, I recognize this an older post.  I had the message appear at my home yesterday with my Phantom 3, where I've flown many, many times.  I haven't flown in sometime (yet have kept the Phantom updated) so this message was seemingly part of an update.

I think the faint blue circle to accept acknowledgment of the warning is going to cause someone to become distracted and crash.  DJI should repair this immediately.

I read on another post that somewhere in the GO App (unsure about GO 4 App), one can disable messages of this kind.  Something regarding A,B, and C class areas.  Does anyone have any more info on this?

Thanks,
Mark
2019-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules