P3P remote GL300C bricked after update?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans639a35de
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63845 ft
Sweden

Hi!
I have a P3P with the GL300C remote controller. I had not used the drone for over a year and due to a friend asking me for a photo shoot, I unpacked it to get it ready again.
I charged the remote over night as well as an intelligent flight battery. I downloaded the latest version of the DJI GO app for iOS (iPad) and connected the remote. Turned on the remote and the drone. Not surprisingly everything was out of date and needed updating, so I started with the remote.
The app downloaded 1.9.3 and proceeded with updating. The remote status led turned flashing blue and beeped and the progress bar started counting up towards 100% in the app.
Once successfully completed I was instructed to power cycle the remote. I turned it off, but when I tried to turn it on it did not work! It did not react when plugging in the charge cable as well, it was completely dead.

After a loot of troubleshooting and googling I found the button combination C1+shutter button+powerbutton made it react and it turned on, but this time all leds where white (status led white, and battery leds white). The iOS app did not recognize that anything was connected.

I then tried to download DJI GO on an android tablet and connected the remote to that instead. It did recognize the remote this time, but said it needed a firmware upgrade. I could not see any status on the remote in the app (battery % etc), and the current firmware version was unknown. This time, it downloaded veriosn 1.7.80 but when I click upgrade in the app, it instantly fails prompting me to retry. Retrying instantly fails again. The status led on the remote is white all the time so it does not even try to update (by turning blue/beeping).

I am at a loss here. After the C1+shutter button+power button, I can connect a charge cable and the remote charge leds start blinking and I can power cycle it normally, but the status led remains white all the time. Only android app recognizes the remote, but it wont update the firmware..
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. We highly suggest to send it to our repair facility to have a check up. You may start a repair case online: repair.dji.com or send an email to support.nl@dji.com
2018-8-26
Use props
fans639a35de
lvl.1
Sweden

So there is no secret button press combination to do a hard factory reset, or a simple solution like disconnecting the battery to get it working again? Is it truly bricked beyond home repair?
As my warranty has expired, I am reluctant to send in the remote only to be charged 350€ for a replacement unit.
Then I will try my luck on the second hand market instead...
2018-8-26
Use props
fans639a35de
lvl.1
Sweden

I managed to fix it by myself.
I found the "secret" firmware update section in the DJI Go app (press the top right meny icon for 10 sec and then release). This allowed me to choose which firmware version I wanted to use and I chose 1.58. After roughly 10 seconds of updating (blue led blinking, making noise) the controller just turned itself off and the app eventually timed out. After trying a couple of times I tried to press C1-shutterbutton and it turned on again and resumed updating the firmware! After it was completed, I rebooted and everything was working again. I could then update the RC the normal way in the app to reach the most recent version.

2018-9-2
Use props
djiuser_j02J2N3kirHW
New

Netherlands

fans639a35de Posted at 2018-9-2 12:39
I managed to fix it by myself.
I found the "secret" firmware update section in the DJI Go app (press the top right meny icon for 10 sec and then release). This allowed me to choose which firmware version I wanted to use and I chose 1.58. After roughly 10 seconds of updating (blue led blinking, making noise) the controller just turned itself off and the app eventually timed out. After trying a couple of times I tried to press C1-shutterbutton and it turned on again and resumed updating the firmware! After it was completed, I rebooted and everything was working again. I could then update the RC the normal way in the app to reach the most recent version.

Hey, man thank you so much!
2019-7-17
Use props
djiuser_j02J2N3kirHW
New

Netherlands

I made it too.
All good to you
2019-7-17
Use props
adityaag
lvl.1

United States

So I'm in this same situation however when I get to the secret firmware install page, it doesn't let me pick a version of firmware to install. Any tricks or tips with this?
2020-5-25
Use props
adityaag
lvl.1

United States

I'm trying to get an old Android phone up and running but it's super old and I'm not sure if DJI GO is even supported on it.
2020-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules