Mavic Zoom couldn't download firm update, now no connection to drone
4508 12 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KuL4
lvl.1
Italy

Hi all,I just opened my new Mavic 2 Zoom, but after more than an hour couldn't get it to fly. I'm using a Samsung S9+

First issue was that I couldn't download the firmware update, kept receiving network errors even if the phone was connected on WiFi and could dowload anything else but the firmware.

Now I cannot even connect to the drone.
Remote controller connects easilsy to the drone, but the app cannot.

Anyone experiecing these issues? any suggestions to solve them?

thank you all in advance

2018-8-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Use DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2018-8-29
Use props
KuL4
lvl.1
Italy

Thanks
That helped. At least I could update the firmware.

Unfortunately I still cannot connect the app to the drone. I've seen many threads talking about these issues between samsung/android and DJI 4 GO. It seems there is still no solution.
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please try to update the firmware of your Mavic 2 Zoom via DJI Assistant 2. For reference, please watch the video tutorial below. Should you have further question, please let me know. Thank you.

2018-8-29
Use props
Spearo93
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Is there any reason why using the Samsung s9 would be unsafe to use with a mavic pro? I have just upgraded and I have now seen it's not compatible with the go 4 app
2018-8-29
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spearo93 Posted at 2018-8-29 16:36
Is there any reason why using the Samsung s9 would be unsafe to use with a mavic pro? I have just upgraded and I have now seen it's not compatible with the go 4 app

The Samsung Galaxy S9 is one of the mobile devices DJI supports.
2018-8-29
Use props
KuL4
lvl.1
Italy

Update.

I made it, after many attempts I got them connected and its filying without problems.
Unfortunately I don't know what was the problem and how I solved it, sorry about that.

thanks anyway
2018-9-7
Use props
fans701e25e8
New

India

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-29 15:22
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please try to update the firmware of your Mavic 2 Zoom via DJI Assistant 2. For reference, please watch the video tutorial below. Should you have further question, please let me know. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K_2HgksJM4&index=6&list=PL8-vxWY64sBOZVVeCqtTx6OIeyofq_Ver

But drone is not connecting with DJI assistant. Tired turning both pc and drone on/off also doing with without remote controller connected. Please solve the issue, i couldn't update new version.
2018-12-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

fans701e25e8 Posted at 12-5 19:33
But drone is not connecting with DJI assistant. Tired turning both pc and drone on/off also doing with without remote controller connected. Please solve the issue, i couldn't update new version.

Have you been able to previously connect to Mavic drone with Assistant?

I believe Mavic 2 Pro / Mavic Zoom require a special version of Assistant.  Might check to see if you have correct version.

Are you using Windows version of Assistant or Mac OS-X version of Assistant?
If you are using Windows version, DJI's Assistant is not Microsoft blessed.  The DJI USB drivers are not signed as they should be and during installation Windows will not install them.
2018-12-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you are able and or can afford. The DJI drones operate far better with Apple tabs/phones. I my view the Ipad mini 4 being the best overall.

If you like Android this will not please you but I honestly feel it is true having tried both
2018-12-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans701e25e8 Posted at 12-5 19:33
But drone is not connecting with DJI assistant. Tired turning both pc and drone on/off also doing with without remote controller connected. Please solve the issue, i couldn't update new version.

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Just to clarify, are you using a Mac OS or Windows PC? Please make sure you are using the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. You can also try to use different USB cable so we can check. If the issue persists, please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.
2018-12-7
Use props
djiuser_1pQMA8m4v5YZ
New
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-7 09:37
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Just to clarify, are you using a Mac OS or Windows PC? Please make sure you are using the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. You can also try to use different USB cable so we can check. If the issue persists, please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.

ive been studying this thread and watched video 20 times and read the many forums and still cannot down load anything.I have galaxy s9+ and have tried assistant 2 several times and no luck recharged batterys 3 times and charger 4 it will not load there is a problem with the software for pc's and android phones if id known it has to be macs and iPhones i would have never bought the mavic pro,if i cant get it to load today ((day3)) ill be returning it .
any one know if the typhoon h is android compatible?
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_1pQMA8m4v5YZ Posted at 12-10 14:32
ive been studying this thread and watched video 20 times and read the many forums and still cannot down load anything.I have galaxy s9+ and have tried assistant 2 several times and no luck recharged batterys 3 times and charger 4 it will not load there is a problem with the software for pc's and android phones if id known it has to be macs and iPhones i would have never bought the mavic pro,if i cant get it to load today ((day3)) ill be returning it .
any one know if the typhoon h is android compatible?

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. May we know if you're using a Windows PC or MacBook? Please make sure that Anti Virus and Firewall are turned off. Also, may we confirm if you are receiving an error message when connecting your drone to DJI Assistant 2? Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.
2018-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules