1455 14 2015-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ibrahimquayum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101175 ft
Bangladesh

Hello
I received my new Inspire 1 yestarday and still not turned it on. I bought it recently from ebay (as i am an international buyer and no local dealer available) so i received a B version with Self-tightening Propeller with Lock Set.  
I have plan to buy Quick-Release Propellers but it's may take around 2-3 weeks to receive them.  
I think i have to update the formware first before i use it. As it's an older version (B) is there anything i should know and aware of ?
Hoping for some good suggestion.

Thank You

2015-5-28
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

The self tightening propellers with propeller locks will work perfectly fine. You are good to go. As for what you should know as a first time flyer, my suggestion is read the user manual from front to back, and watch the Inspire tutorials that DJI and others have posted on YouTube. Practice first with the simulator in the Pilot App. Then get out and fly in a wide open space with no trees, people or buildings nearby to get some experience with the controls.

Another suggestion is to look in this and other Inspire forums for Inspire pilots near you and meet up with them.

Good luck and have fun with your new Inspire.
2015-5-28
Use props
michaelanthony.
lvl.2

United States

Do want Abe says and you'll be in great shape. I too fly with the Self Tightening Props and prop locks and have had zero issues. I did just purchase the QR props and adapters after my local dealer told me that DJI is said to be discontinuing the original self tightening. Props so I decided to make the purchase.  It wasn't a big investment, but we shall see.
Anyway, good luck, practice lots and most importantly., ENJOY!!!
2015-5-29
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Welcome to the inspire's 1 club, enjoy!!!
2015-5-29
Use props
ibrahimquayum
lvl.2
Bangladesh

Abe Posted at 2015-5-29 13:10
The self tightening propellers with propeller locks will work perfectly fine. You are good to go. As ...

Thanks Man for your reply. But in my country i am the only one who have an Inspire 1 . Other maybe 4-5 people have phantom level Quadcopter . And now i am clear about the propellers. Can you confirm that is there Flight Simulator available for android? I am watching tutorial videos from a long time , so i hope everything is going to be ok . Hope i have some other pilots nearby me. Thanks again .
2015-5-29
Use props
ibrahimquayum
lvl.2
Bangladesh

michaelanthony. Posted at 2015-5-29 16:09
Do want Abe says and you'll be in great shape. I too fly with the Self Tightening Props and prop loc ...

Thanks Man for your reply. But in my country i am the only one who have an Inspire 1 . Other maybe 4-5 people have phantom level quadcopter . And now i am clear about the propellers. Can you confirm that is there Flight Simulator available for android? I am watching tutorial videos from a long time , so i hope everything is going to be ok . Hope i have some other pilots nearby me. Thanks again .
2015-5-29
Use props
ibrahimquayum
lvl.2
Bangladesh

leoamartinez@gm Posted at 2015-5-29 17:48
Welcome to the inspire's 1 club, enjoy!!!

Thanks man.
2015-5-29
Use props
eaglecook
lvl.2
United States

A good first question is "have you ever flow a quadcopter before?" If the answer is now, I highly suggest you get a small cheap one to play around with. Get used to the controls on that and when you fly the Inspire you will be amazed at how easy it flies and how stable it is.

Don't get carried away though, keep it low and slow until you feel comfortable, then GRADUALLY increase your height, distance and speed. Take your time. If it takes you 2 weeks to get comfortable, you are well ahead of the 8-10 weeks it takes to get a repair done.

Enjoy!! and post some pics and video. It's great to see what other people are doing.
2015-5-29
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

ibrahimquayum Posted at 2015-5-30 09:07
Thanks Man for your reply. But in my country i am the only one who have an Inspire 1 . Other maybe ...

Yes, the simulator is also in the Android app.  

Enjoy your Inspire!
2015-5-30
Use props
ray_gauvreau
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-1
Use props
aknauer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 793041 ft
New Zealand

jimhare Posted at 2015-5-30 16:04
Yes, the simulator is also in the Android app.  

Enjoy your Inspire!

Please enlighten me - where is it in Android!
2015-6-3
Use props
cziakas
lvl.3

United States

Everyone  has given great advice. You should also perform the IMU and Compass calibration each time you take your drone out. Some may say the compass calibration is only necessary if you change location more than 15 miles.

With the fly-aways and other odd occurrences people have reported, I just don't take the chance. The calibration only takes a minute to perform and could save your drone. So for me its part of my pre-flight checklist.
2015-6-4
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

aknauer@xtra.co Posted at 2015-6-4 15:44
Please enlighten me - where is it in Android!

According to this post they moved it under a question mark at the top right that also gives you the manuals:

http://www.inspirepilots.com/thr ... -of-pilot-app.2919/

I use IOS so don't know much about the Android app, other than it doesn't give you the INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT overexposure warning that I couldn't live without.
2015-6-4
Use props
aknauer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 793041 ft
New Zealand

jimhare Posted at 2015-6-5 04:31
According to this post they moved it under a question mark at the top right that also gives you th ...

Thanks for trying to help, Jim.

But Android definitely has NO Flight Simulator. I have never seen it on any version.
I think some cheap practise quadcopter is much better anyway - since the "fear factor" is real.
2015-6-4
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

aknauer@xtra.co Posted at 2015-6-5 11:52
Thanks for trying to help, Jim.

But Android definitely has NO Flight Simulator. I have never seen ...

Yeah, must have been talking about something else in that post.

Oh well, that's why I use IOS!
2015-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules