Q about Mavic Pro 2's 8GB internal drive.
2230 8 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansffae6bdb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48189 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi folks, I know when flying with the MP2, and using an SD card, the drone will first save the videos/photos onto it's internal 8 GB drive. Once the data passes the 8 GB limit, do the next files, videos and photos I record go into the SD card I put in? I used to have issues with this on my Mavic Air.
2018-9-4
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m not sure, I do know there’s a toggle in dji go 4 setting to switch between SD card and internal storage...
2018-9-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The MA does just stop then you have to stop record and manually select SD card to resume - will be interesting to see if this has updated on the M2
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. You may choose to save your videos and photos into your SD card or to the Mavic 2 Pro's internal memory. If the internal memory if full, files will automatically save to SD card. If you have any question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-9-5
Use props
fansffae6bdb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Ok thank you.
2018-9-5
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

You are given the option to select the storage system you want. I would select SD card first keeping an empty internal storage as the spill over should I forget to empty the card before that day's shoot
2018-9-5
Use props
Leonn
lvl.2
Australia

More reason to default to SD; flash memory has limited write cycles, 500-10000 depending on type.
Albeit, you'd have to be filling the internal drive dozens of times a day for issues to crop up in the future.
2018-9-6
Use props
fansffae6bdb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thank you guys!
2018-9-10
Use props
Packer Backer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240948 ft
United States

Sounds like you got the answer but yes there is a setting to switch it from internal to the sd card. When I took my first flight it filled up the internal then switched to the card.  After that without any prompting from me it auto saved to the sd card. -- Perhaps there was a question when I got the pop up I do not remember I was trying to get it off my screen as fast as possible.  But later I was scrolling through all the settings and saw it.
2018-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules