Mavic 2 Battery Hub not charging
5471 22 2018-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eyeless916
lvl.2
Flight distance : 92579 ft
United States

the light on the hub just stays red and doesnt charge any of the batteries.  If i do the single charge (the cable the mavic 2 comes with) then it charges. Anyone run into that problem? Forgot - the light on the hub just stays red

IMG_2903.jpg
2018-9-6
Use props
Columbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 436686 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry can't answer your question, but as a follow-on question is there any instructions that go with the charger?

I only ask as i'm not too sure what the micro/mini USB slot in the bottom of the charger is for.

Thanks for any support.
2018-9-7
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1218379 ft
United States

Columbo Posted at 2018-9-7 05:02
Sorry can't answer your question, but as a follow-on question is there any instructions that go with the charger?

I only ask as i'm not too sure what the micro/mini USB slot in the bottom of the charger is for.

Isn't that for charging the controller and or phone?
2018-9-7
Use props
Eyeless916
lvl.2
United States

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2018-9-7 05:08

No its both it plugs into the hub and has a separate micro usb for the controller.

The hub (look at the arrows) has a spot where it should be but its covered by a foam rubber sticker or something.  

2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to connect your charging hub into another power outlet? Let see if this will work. Thank you.
2018-9-7
Use props
Eyeless916
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-7 16:20
Hi, sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to connect your charging hub into another power outlet? Let see if this will work. Thank you.

it didn't still turned red.  The charger by itself charges - the hub will not.  I tried it on several different outlets and the hub light keeps turning red.  
2018-9-7
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Eyeless916 Posted at 2018-9-7 11:38
No its both it plugs into the hub and has a separate micro usb for the controller.

The hub (look at the arrows) has a spot where it should be but its covered by a foam rubber sticker or something.  

It’s for updating its software should it ever need it, tells you that in the book!

2018-9-7
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is it red even with no battery plugged in? Does the charger charge the battery if it’s plugged directly into the battery?
2018-9-7
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Eyeless916 Posted at 2018-9-7 16:58
it didn't still turned red.  The charger by itself charges - the hub will not.  I tried it on several different outlets and the hub light keeps turning red.

Looks like a faulty hub to me.
2018-9-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Eyeless916 Posted at 2018-9-7 11:38

Sure would be nice if the manual said more than: ''1. Status LED Indicator''.

Like - Green - Charged, Yellow - Charging, and Red means Dead.

2018-9-7
Use props
Columbo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2018-9-7 05:08

Thanks for the reply Lobstah, but I have a feeling it allows all connected devices to be updated when connecting to DJI Assistant 2 so that all devices can have their firm/software updated simultaneously, I could be wrong of course.
2018-9-8
Use props
Columbo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-9-7 21:37
It’s for updating its software should it ever need it, tells you that in the book!

Should've looked there first, doh. Thought it might have been mentioned in the online manual as well though.
2018-9-8
Use props
Eyeless916
lvl.2
United States

Columbo Posted at 2018-9-8 07:35
Should've looked there first, doh. Thought it might have been mentioned in the online manual as well though.

it's weird it mentions the microusb for firmware updates but then they have it covered with a foam rubber sticker.

2018-9-8
Use props
Eyeless916
lvl.2
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-8 07:23
The Micro-USB port on the hub is for firmware updates.  It is not a charging port.

correct I was talking about the actual (male type) micro usb plug that is on the charger itself for charging the controller.  There is according to the manual a microusb port but on the actual hub its covered with a foam rubber sticker.  
2018-9-8
Use props
Eyeless916
lvl.2
United States

Eyeless916 Posted at 2018-9-8 08:13
correct I was talking about the actual (male type) micro usb plug that is on the charger itself for charging the controller.  There is according to the manual a microusb port but on the actual hub its covered with a foam rubber sticker.

I don't want to pull up the foam rubber sticker and not be able to return it
2018-9-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi

Sorry you are having trouble. This device is really a no brainier.... O

you plug it into your power supply and you should get a yellow LED when no batteries are plugged into the hub. Once you plug a battery into the hub the battery indicator LED will go green and when charging it will flash. The hub will cycle to the next battery based on level of charge, starting with the highest first. Screenshots below for reference. IMO this unit appears to be a bad one  ..  sorry
Rich

IMG_1138.jpg IMG_1139.jpg [attachimg]
2018-9-8
Use props
Eyeless916
lvl.2
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-9-8 09:54
Hi

Sorry you are having trouble. This device is really a no brainier.... O

that's what I was thinking but people keep saying I need to update the firmware - I'm just going to have to return it.
2018-9-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Eyeless916 Posted at 2018-9-8 10:12
that's what I was thinking but people keep saying I need to update the firmware - I'm just going to have to return it.

I do not believe the FW from the factory would be wrong (anything is possible)  Also, not sure you can find the required FW.
With that said, you could plug into the micro USB port on the bottom and power it on with the power supply. Connect it to your PC with DJI Assistant 2 running on the latest version. If it sees the Mavic hub, try refreshing the FW from the list.

Rich
2018-9-8
Use props
timray
lvl.1
United States

same problem here.
* plug Mavic 2 power brick to 4 battery hub,  i get a yellow light for 3-5 sec then it turns red
* the power brick is able to charge a battery directly plugged into it. Battery goes into charging mode as normal.
* connect car plug to car then connect hub to it  and it works as it should.

- so, the hub works when using the car charger in my car
- the hub does not work when using the M2P power brick plugged into the wall ( i tried multiple wall sockets )
- M2P power brick is able to charge a battery directly connected to it.
to me, it looks like the M2P power brick is faulty?
2018-9-17
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

timray Posted at 2018-9-17 19:55
same problem here.
* plug Mavic 2 power brick to 4 battery hub,  i get a yellow light for 3-5 sec then it turns red
* the power brick is able to charge a battery directly plugged into it. Battery goes into charging mode as normal.

I have the same exact problem, at first I thought it was a faulty hub then I ordered another hub from amazon and then same problem happens then I took both hubs and plug them into the car charger they both work.  Process of elimination concluded that the power brick does not work with the hub charger it only charges them individually.
2018-9-29
Use props
sskom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 206132 ft
Ukraine

The same issue here: works using car charger, but doesn't using power brick. Bought in B&H Photo Video.
2018-10-6
Use props
ChrisLiagkos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 726916 ft
Greece

I have the same issue with you, should I return it?
2018-11-7
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nothing wrong with the hub it is the wall charger that is bad, I had to send mine in to get repaired/replaced.
2018-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules