Follow me not working
1244 12 2018-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rubyduby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228776 ft
United States

Drone goes into follow me successfully but hesitated to follow jerking motion goes then stops abruptly. I have 9-10 satellites no other errors. This happening to any one else I have latest firmware on controller and drone.
2018-9-16
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Take a look at your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you need help reviewing it, please post a link back here after you upload it.
2018-9-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

How about you tell us which model of Phantom you are flying and which display device you have on the RC unit. Without that information there is little anyone can do to help.
2018-9-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2018-9-16 16:08
How about you tell us which model of Phantom you are flying and which display device you have on the RC unit. Without that information there is little anyone can do to help.

It’s surprising sometimes, that posters with query, are so vague about the important details that explain the whole sordid story. Ha

RedHotPoker
2018-9-16
Use props
rubyduby
lvl.2

It’s a phantom 3 standard and I’m using a iPhone 6
2018-9-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-9-16 10:02
Take a look at your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you need help reviewing it, please post a link back here after you upload it.

Quoted for emphasis
2018-9-17
Use props
rubyduby
lvl.2

This help any
4D1CC73B-1D21-4C79-BE30-E1AEA5F01280.png
2018-9-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Please follow the advice given three days ago in post #2
2018-9-19
Use props
rubyduby
lvl.2

I’m having problems uploading from phone this is all I can get from airdata
2018-9-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

rubyduby Posted at 2018-9-19 22:32
I’m having problems uploading from phone this is all I can get from airdata

Why are you stuffing around with Airdata?  Follow the link in post #2.
2018-9-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Just so you know, the number of satewllites reported in the Go App are the satellites that the aircraft can see. When using follow me, your iPhone needs to be able to see enough satellites so that it can report back to the aircraft where you are located. If the phone cannot successfully receive satellites, the whole process fails. A classic reason is that people set up Follow Me then get in a car and expectr it to follow them. In many cases, the iPhone cannot receive satellites reliably inside a car. Frankly, Follow Me is a dodgy process even when it is working.
2018-9-19
Use props
rubyduby
lvl.2

My phone for some reason won’t connect to iTunes or my computer waiting for my genius appointment to get it fixed so I can do as u guys say I should do . And I was in the middle of a park where I have done follow me dozens of times now for some reason it won’t work . Guess I have to wait to get those logs before I can get help so I’ll post them when my phones fixed.
2018-9-20
Use props
smitles
New
South Africa

I am in South Africa and experience the same problem using samsung 7edge , or samsung 8+  sevices. Try to follow me and get the weak GPS message
2018-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules