Mavic Air Panoramas
5577 8 2018-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stubbyd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 172959 ft
United Kingdom

Query about the Mavic Air and the panorams and in particular the 360 ones.

At the moment, I'm getting the Air to save all images as RAW and JPG but it appears that the Air only uses the JPGs to create the panos. I say this, as the quality I get back from SkyPixel is pretty poor when you zoom in and scroll around. Or is that a SkyPixel issue whereby they are compressing everything?

So, anyway, I guess I'm asking, is there an easy way for me to recreate the panos using the RAW files so that I have a higher initial resolution? Or is there a setting I've missed somewhere that allows me to save / create them in RAW initially?
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles. I'd like to ask what is the brand or make of your mobile device in which you downloaded the app? We're here to help you. Please also take time in watching the video provided below. Many thanks.

2018-9-19
Use props
SirPasta117
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400787 ft
  • >>>
United States

There should be a folder on your SD when you plug it into your PC called PANORAMA that will have folders for each Pano you took in raw form.
2018-9-19
Use props
stubbyd
lvl.2
United Kingdom

SirPasta117 Posted at 2018-9-19 06:34
There should be a folder on your SD when you plug it into your PC called PANORAMA that will have folders for each Pano you took in raw form.

Thanks @SirPasta117 - I have the RAW files but the question I asked was, is there an easy way for me to re-create the panos using those?
2018-9-19
Use props
stubbyd
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-19 06:31
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles. I'd like to ask what is the brand or make of your mobile device in which you downloaded the app? We're here to help you. Please also take time in watching the video provided below. Many thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ1SzxvKQCM

Thanks - I have seen that video before and in fact a number of times and it doesn't help in my situation. All it does is tell me where to go in the App to take the panos initially.

What I was asking is how can I recreate the JPG pano that is created by default using the RAW files I have? My phone is running Android 7
2018-9-19
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Yes of course. If you have the RAW you need a PC software, to stitch them together.

My workflow is:

Take panorama with drone, while saving the unstitched pictures as RAW.
Edit the RAWs in Lightroom and either
- merge them together in Lightroom as a Panorama
or
- save the edited RAWs as JPG and stitch them together in Windows ICE, whichever of the two works best
2018-9-19
Use props
stubbyd
lvl.2
United Kingdom

saviour Posted at 2018-9-19 22:35
Yes of course. If you have the RAW you need a PC software, to stitch them together.

My workflow is:

Ahh ha - so yes, it can be done and thanks.

I have also found a video that shows an over-complicated variant of another workflow and in it they are constantly in and out of Bridge, camera RAW, LR and Photoshop doing multiple saves... when I'm thinking:

- open and edit images in Camera RAW (or LR)
- create pano in Bridge and save it as a RAW
- open RAW in Photoshop, do whatever you need
- create 3D, save, etc and one 360 post in FB later.

This workflow suits whether I use my Mac or PC but will take a look at ICE - thanks again.
2018-9-24
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

stubbyd Posted at 2018-9-24 07:33
Ahh ha - so yes, it can be done and thanks.

I have also found a video that shows an over-complicated variant of another workflow and in it they are constantly in and out of Bridge, camera RAW, LR and Photoshop doing multiple saves... when I'm thinking:

Any raw edits will need to be consistent across the images to avoid blending issues

PTGUI supports HDR stitching, so you could take each RAW create a +1 and -1 image and then stitch them to give you a better dynamic range.

e.g. take x images,
create -1 under exposed images,
create +1 over exposed images,
create HDR pano with 3x images
tone
export tiff
edit in LR/PS
2018-9-24
Use props
stubbyd
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ridg Posted at 2018-9-24 07:51
Any raw edits will need to be consistent across the images to avoid blending issues

PTGUI supports HDR stitching, so you could take each RAW create a +1 and -1 image and then stitch them to give you a better dynamic range.

I guess that's another option - thanks
2018-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules