Dji Mavic Air gimbal issue
1458 3 2018-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anishjoshi10
lvl.2

Indonesia

Hi

Recently flew my drone around the mountains of bali, landed it on some dirt and some dirt got into the gimbal not much.

Did clean the gimbal but upon starting again I got a gimbal overload error message. I recalibrated the gimbal, cleaned it again and followed some YouTube videos and the issue went.

Done a test flight after but the gimbal just didn’t seem right, wasn’t quite centred and tried to do a panning shot and moving the gimbal up but on the footage it looks like the gimbal gets stuck half way though panning up, then stops then carries on panning up.

Anyone know what this issue could be, is it due to the dirt? Had no issues before landing in some slight dirt.

Have added a video so you can see the issue. Also seem to be getting the gimbal overload randomly on a few start ups since.

https://vimeo.com/291357928?ref=em-share

Thanks in advance.

ANish

Regards
2018-9-23
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

You can find small blower and try to blow gently yo gimbal and move it in all directions simultaneously. Try to do it very carefully and recalibrate gimbal, try it several times. I had the same problem when my MA hit sand dunne. Patient do it several times. Good luck.
2018-9-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We apologize for the troubles you had recently. May I ask if you crashed your aircraft or did have a hard landing? We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-9-24
Use props
anishjoshi10
lvl.2

Indonesia

No didn’t crash land or rough, smooth landing but was like dry rough mud so I’m guessing some must of gone in the gimbal?
2018-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules