Question about coils inside motor?
1191 6 2018-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rubyduby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228776 ft

I was checking to make sure motors were ok and noticed one of the coils looks loose would this cause it to fail I’ve included a picture if you zoom in you’ll see one of the coils looks loose ?
B4EA1529-DB0B-41F0-9FC5-A1F24BB1CDC7.jpeg
5892EC70-0951-4EC4-A276-08489337F7E3.jpeg
2018-9-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Are you sure it's loose or is it just overlapping?  

The older generation motors had overlaps everywhere...
2018-9-26
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Does it run like the others and not get too warm?  If yes, I wouldn't worry.
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. I suggest you send your drone into our facilities center so we can analyze and check if there's a problem with your drone. We have a professional analysis team who will help you. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thanks for your support.
2018-9-26
Use props
rubyduby
lvl.2

Yeah it’s the older model and it runs ok just noticed a slight wobble, does anyone know the lifetime of these motors ?drones about 2 years old. I recently replaced 1 motor could that be the cause since it’s brand new and the rest are old?
2018-9-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

rubyduby Posted at 2018-9-26 14:11
Yeah it’s the older model and it runs ok just noticed a slight wobble, does anyone know the lifetime of these motors ?drones about 2 years old. I recently replaced 1 motor could that be the cause since it’s brand new and the rest are old?

The only thing that wears in these motors is the ball bearing on the drive shaft. They have no commutator or brushes, so there is nothing electrical to wear out. And it is not practical to lubricate the ball bearing, but it should be good for many hundreds of hours of running. You are more likely to crash, grow tired of or upgrade to a new aircraft before they wear out.
2018-9-26
Use props
rubyduby
lvl.2

Geebax Posted at 2018-9-26 15:59
The only thing that wears in these motors is the ball bearing on the drive shaft. They have no commutator or brushes, so there is nothing electrical to wear out. And it is not practical to lubricate the ball bearing, but it should be good for many hundreds of hours of running. You are more likely to crash, grow tired of or upgrade to a new aircraft before they wear out.

thanks for the info much appreciated.
2018-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules