1298 9 2018-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
manfredo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1891142 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey all - wondering of anyone else has had any issues putting the DJI filters on their M2P? I urchased the DJI filter set and they look great, I can take the factory UV filter off/on, but I simply cannot get the DJI filter(s) to twist. I know it takes a bit of effort but I'm twisting pretty hard and they just wont rotate. Anyone else experience this? it's almost as if the filters may be out of spec.
2018-10-9
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I just received a set of DJI filters myself. I had a hard time taking the oem lense off and had no issue installing the DJI ND filters. Just push slightly whilst rotating clockwise i believe. You may have already tried this?
2018-10-9
Use props
manfredo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Visual Air Posted at 2018-10-9 17:42
I just received a set of DJI filters myself. I had a hard time taking the oem lense off and had no issue installing the DJI ND filters. Just push slightly whilst rotating clockwise i believe. You may have already tried this?

Thanks. I'm able to take off/put on the factory lens with no issues, but for some reason the DJI ND filters just don't seem to fit. Not asure if they're slightly smaller or what. Very odd.
2018-10-9
Use props
Grumps
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16610876 ft
United States

You probably know this but there is one larger post on the back of the filters and that goes in the lower right corner of the camera assembly.
2018-10-9
Use props
manfredo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Grumps Posted at 2018-10-9 18:07
You probably know this but there is one larger post on the back of the filters and that goes in the lower right corner of the camera assembly.

Yes, thanks. So after fiddling with it a but more I was finally able to get 1 filter on, but it was very tight, too tight in my opinion. I'm feeling like the tolerances are slightly off and perhaps these were milled/cast a bit too small
2018-10-9
Use props
Grumps
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16610876 ft
United States

manfredo Posted at 2018-10-9 18:10
Yes, thanks. So after fiddling with it a but more I was finally able to get 1 filter on, but it was very tight, too tight in my opinion. I'm feeling like the tolerances are slightly off and perhaps these were milled/cast a bit too small

If it's that tight going on it will probably be a bear to take off. Does DJI send a lens removal tool with the filters? The one I got from PolarPro works like a charm taking the lens' off.
2018-10-9
Use props
Popster
lvl.1
Australia

I sent you a PM as the forum wasn't letting me post (I've figured that out now), so for the benefit of others - my understanding is there are some ball bearings you need to push down on while you twist (so a bit of force toward the gimbal while you twist).  It shouldn't require much force at all just some very light pushing force and very light twisting force.  Check out for an instructional (albeit for a different filter brand - PolarPro).  I have some PolarPro filters and they and the stock filter go and on and off just fine with this method (they wont go on easily if I dont apply the light inward force).  If it feels wrong (i.e. requires too much force) stop before you hurt your drone!
2018-10-9
Use props
manfredo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Popster Posted at 2018-10-9 19:15
I sent you a PM as the forum wasn't letting me post (I've figured that out now), so for the benefit of others - my understanding is there are some ball bearings you need to push down on while you twist (so a bit of force toward the gimbal while you twist).  It shouldn't require much force at all just some very light pushing force and very light twisting force.  Check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGkN2q4Xtzo for an instructional (albeit for a different filter brand - PolarPro).  I have some PolarPro filters and they and the stock filter go and on and off just fine with this method (they wont go on easily if I dont apply the light inward force).  If it feels wrong (i.e. requires too much force) stop before you hurt your drone!

Thanks for your response. I have no isses taking off/on the factory lens but the ND filters just seens like they won't fit. Not sure what's happening but for the one I was able to put on, it seems to me like the amount of force required was a bit too much, taking it off was also very difficult. I'm not sure why, all I can imagine is perhaps a slight tolerance difference in manufacturing? Anyhow, I'm goign to return the DJI filters and order to Polar Pro, I had those on my Mavic Pro and performed very well. They also include a plastic tool to remove the filters wich is an added bonus...
2018-10-10
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to read your DJI filters are difficult to fit/remove.  I had the same issue you mention with a couple sets of SkyReat filters, so I purchased the DJI ND set and, ironically, they've been excellent and really easy to install and remove.  Maybe the tolerances were off during manufacture of your batch of something?

I've heard nothing but good things about the fitment of the Polar Pro filters, and the Freewell ones are meant to be great too (and a bit cheaper).  I've got a set of Freewell Polarised filters on order.

Just incase it helps for visual comparison I did a short video overview of the DJI ND filters I just received.  May be of some help?

2018-10-10
Use props
Popster
lvl.1
Australia

manfredo Posted at 2018-10-10 05:16
Thanks for your response. I have no isses taking off/on the factory lens but the ND filters just seens like they won't fit. Not sure what's happening but for the one I was able to put on, it seems to me like the amount of force required was a bit too much, taking it off was also very difficult. I'm not sure why, all I can imagine is perhaps a slight tolerance difference in manufacturing? Anyhow, I'm goign to return the DJI filters and order to Polar Pro, I had those on my Mavic Pro and performed very well. They also include a plastic tool to remove the filters wich is an added bonus...

Ahh bugger - I did hear that there are some different tolerances between camera units from another filter manufacturer that causes some to fit well and others not to. I can't remember what manufacturer said that, but I believe they've adjusted their filters to work with all units now - so I am sure other manfacturers probably had similar issues with their first batch.

PolarPro are a definitely good choice, a bit expensive but all mine fit great (I have the 10 pack) and I haven't heard anyone having any issues & the tool is handy for removing the stock filter (the polar pro filters don't need it). Like MrTitan, I have also only heard good things about the Freewell filters too.

Fstop labs who also produce filters posted a free 3d printable tool on the mavicpilots forums that is also meant to work well for both removal and attachment of filters - https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... .49206/#post-566969
2018-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules