Vision plus cable connector
8712 17 2014-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phegarty
New

United Kingdom

My Phantom 2 Vision Plus had an unfortunate encounter with a tree branch. While it took a little damage, it seems fine, other than one of the cables to the camera unit got damaged.
The connector is almost identical to the molex micro-lock 4 pin connector, but those do not fit. Does anyone know what sort of connector it is?

It is quite fustrating. The pins are ok, it is just a little damage to the white plastic housing, but it has taken my V+ out of commision. Anyone got any ideas?

2014-11-6
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Doubtful you can just replace the connector housing -- probably some one-source proprietary part and unless you have the specialized pin insertion tool the results would be hit or miss.  I've seen a complete cable kit on some of the various hobby sites. (give me a second...)  

http://www.atlantahobby.com/store/pc/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision+-Cable-Pack-1110p18524.htm
Too bad you have to get 8 or 9 other cables along with the ONE you need but I've discovered in the short time I've started this hobby that I seem to have accumulated all sorts of little odds and ends. (I've convinced myself I'll find a use for them one day)

You might try searching/googling one of the dealers/hobby websites/eBay and find just the one cable you need -- good luck!
P2V Cable kit_15483-M_lg.png
2014-11-7
Use props
dutch445
lvl.2

United States

late coming to the thread but i just had the same issue on my new v3
those wires came loose in some tree branches, otherwise things look ok

i have full function, camera, and the phantom blinks green as if i have
good satellite guidance, but, on my phone's app, the display does not
show battery strength, or satellite count.  i see everything else as normal

did you ever get a fix? did you get the kit with new wires?  i have ordered it,
and am anxiously waiting for it so see if anything else is wrong.  i have tried to
reset the small wires into that 4 prong connector but was unable to get the
connector hooked back up without it pushing the wires out of the connector
2014-12-15
Use props
bob
New

United States

I have the exact same issue - the 4 pin plastic connector housing looks like part of it broke clean and the pins no longer stay in the housing.  All i need is a new connector housing, plug the pins back in and I should be good to go - this is for a Phantom 2 Vision +.
2014-12-16
Use props
dutch445
lvl.2

United States

i have ordered the cable/wire kit for the phantom, it's about $30.  comes with the
whole set of cables in the phantom.  that 4pin wire is part of the large set of grey wires that
goes from the gimbal up into the phantom so i will have to take my top off to
change it out.  not sure if you could find just the connector... they don't seem very
well made and don't seem to hold the wires very well.
i am contemplating some hot glue or super glue where the wires come out
of that 4pin connector????
2014-12-16
Use props
bob
New

United States

I'm wondering if the fact that it locks into place - preventing it from releasing as the other connectors did during the crash?
2014-12-17
Use props
rexster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2740 ft
United States

dutch445@gmail. Posted at 2014-12-17 07:20
i have ordered the cable/wire kit for the phantom, it's about $30.  comes with the
whole set of cabl ...

Interesting to find out if that camera cable comes in that kit. From the picture it looks like it's not part of the kit
2014-12-18
Use props
LIPHANTOM
lvl.2

United States

I had the same issue.  Very short sighted of DJI to have a shock release on the camera but have one of the two cables snap in rather than just plug in for a quick release.  If you notice the other cable does not snap in.  It just pulls out under pressure.  Both should have been done the same way for this reason.   

I finagled the wires for about 1 hour until I get them into place.  I then carefully just pushed it all in and hoped none of them came out of the connector.  You also need to make sure its pinned correctly as well.   After about 20 tries I go it in.   Once its in there unless you have another accident the  wires wont come out again.   I am curious of that cable kit comes with the proper wire as well.   From what I can tell its one ribbon which splits into two once it passes through the bottom housing.  Looks like the cable all the way to the left in that pic.  Let us know.

2014-12-18
Use props
dutch445
lvl.2

United States

all of the wires coming to the gimbal are part of a large flat flex wire
that then splits off into 3 or 4 different places up in the phantom... at least
according to what i can see on other bb's..   it's not just the single 4 wire
cable that i'll replace, but all the wires between the gimbal and the phantom,

i may give it a go with the existing connector again , but i can't see so well anymore!
need to get me some of those magnifying glasses..
2014-12-18
Use props
dutch445
lvl.2

United States

one thing about my incident, i didn't lose the gimbal, so the other wires didn't come apart,
i think a branch of a tree got in there and pulled it out as the phantom was rolling down
from the top of the tree to the bottom   

2014-12-18
Use props
Nazgul
New

Romania

I have the same problem but I do not know the pins order.
I attached some picture of the cable.
Please  tell me if I placed pins correctly .
[img]https://forum33.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5Burl=http://postimg.org/image/pnunjb8wp/%5D[/url][/img]

Regards
2014-12-19
Use props
Nazgul
New

Romania

What it means this error?

2014-12-19
Use props
dutch445
lvl.2

United States

replaced  dreaded  " 4pin "  wire that goes from the gimbal up into the phantom yesterday.
that large cable splits into 3 different cables going up into the phantom, and once we realized
that we separated the 4 wire section of the cable and ran that up into the phantom from the
gimbal.
quite a challenge with the wires splitting and going in different directions.  we just changed out
the 4 wire part, and put the magnet ? rings on the wire.

after an initial crash with the M1-M4 wire in the wrong place, we got up and running.

2014-12-21
Use props
bleu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2677 ft
United States

dutch445@gmail. Posted at 2014-12-16 10:26
late coming to the thread but i just had the same issue on my new v3
those wires came loose in some  ...

Happy New Year dutch445. I have the exact same problem. I had a small crash into a bush that ripped only the 4 pin cable and damaged the plug. Have you had any luck getting the gps and battery data back? Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide, thanks, Bleu
2015-1-4
Use props
dutch445
lvl.2

United States

yes, i ordered the cable kit for the phantom and replaced that 4 wire cable that goes from the gimbal up to
the phantom.  it was tedious for me, but we have it fixed and i have only had short test flight but all seems
normal again,  satellite and battery indicators back like normal.

2015-1-5
Use props
bleu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2677 ft
United States

dutch445@gmail. Posted at 2015-1-6 04:48
yes, i ordered the cable kit for the phantom and replaced that 4 wire cable that goes from the gimba ...

Thanks so much dutch445. I will receive my cables tomorrow. I hope I can install them as you did. I really appreciate the help.
2015-1-5
Use props
dutch445
lvl.2

United States

the only advice is once we got working on the grey set of cables, we found that even though they
ship you 1 large cable with many connectors, they are all separated inside the phantom. you will only
need to change the 4 wire cable, leave the others in place if you can.  separate the 4 wire section from
the rest of the grey cable.
hardest part was putting the cable assembly back together near the usb port, which is also the clamp
for the wires.. very tricky maneuvering in such a tight area.
2015-1-6
Use props
damian191
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4115955 ft
  • >>>
Poland

This is  GHR-04V-S connector.

2015-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now