First edit! Crititsizm Welcome!
445 11 2018-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FineTuned
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114423 ft

A few of us recently spent several days in Ucluelet, British Columbia, hiking around the coastline, as well as clearing some trees from a new lot, which is soon to be the spot of a new home for a surfer from California, just steps from the ocean.

It would have been great to explore more of this beautiful coast with the Mavic 2 Pro, unfortunately, it rained for most of our time there.

All non-drone footage was shot on a Nikon D810.
Edited in Premiere Pro. Since my Nikon only shoots in 1080, that is what this video was exported in. I'm working on exporting a 4K version now to test out the scaling differences.

I see many compaints here on this forum regarding the required tweaking of the D-LOG files, specifically pertaining to the lens distortion. I found a simple solution on youtube, and I'm hoping that I applied that technique properly. This was also my first time colour grading, I enjoyed that process a lot.

If there's anything you see here that you think I could have adjusted better, please let me know. I'm a new drone pilot wanting to learn as much as I can from those willing to share their wisdom with noobs.

If you'd like to see more of my work you can fine me on instagram as "Finetuned".

Thanks for taking the time to check out my work!
I'm loving this Mavic 2 Pro, and can't wait to share more footage with you.

2018-10-17
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I don't like your video - showing some poeple cutting the trees, destroying the nature, sorry!
2018-10-17
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

Not bad at all.  It is somewhat hard to assess the technical merits of much of it due to YouTube compression and the very overcast and grey conditions.  It was a little dark and flat but can't say if that was the lighting or the grading.  Using  Vimeo would give people a better chance to see your work at its best.
2018-10-17
Use props
FineTuned
lvl.1

Vendex Posted at 2018-10-17 10:41
I don't like your video - showing some poeple cutting the trees, destroying the nature, sorry!

Thank you for your opinion that you're sharing with me via devices that were mined from the Earth.

Have a great day!
2018-10-17
Use props
FineTuned
lvl.1

parkgt214 Posted at 2018-10-17 10:45
Not bad at all.  It is somewhat hard to assess the technical merits of much of it due to YouTube compression and the very overcast and grey conditions.  It was a little dark and flat but can't say if that was the lighting or the grading.  Using  Vimeo would give people a better chance to see your work at its best.

Yes, it was very dark that day of filming. I think possibly that I had autofocus turned on, and I have been noticing that the camera seems to slip in and out of focus occasionally, some parts of the video are not as sharp as I'd like them to be. ..it could also be my grading, I certainly need practice in that area.

And thanks for that Vimeo reminder. I do have an account there, I will export a specific copy and upload it there as well.

Thank you!
2018-10-17
Use props
fans30a1230a
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Has possibilities...pick up: "in the blink of an eye" by Walter Murch for a good primer on the theory of editing...
2018-10-17
Use props
Sky Carrier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Very well done for a first edit. Thanks for sharing.
2018-10-17
Use props
FineTuned
lvl.1

fans30a1230a Posted at 2018-10-17 11:10
Has possibilities...pick up: "in the blink of an eye" by Walter Murch for a good primer on the theory of editing...

Thank you for the recommendation.
2018-10-17
Use props
FineTuned
lvl.1

Sky Carrier Posted at 2018-10-17 11:15
Very well done for a first edit. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you!
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for sharing your video here, well done. Fly safely. Cheers!
2018-10-17
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Video too long. Focusing on guys cutting trees got boring. Colors looked fainted. Easy on the special effects and you would get better results. Practice makes perfect. Keep at it.
2018-10-17
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Not bad for your first edit.
Must agree with some comments. Didn't need all the tree cutting shots.
Other then that just keep posting videos and you will differently get better.
2018-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules