Pixelated footage
739 6 2018-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hans Sanchez
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hello. I’ve recently had my Phantom 3 Standard record at only 1080p. I was sure I could record at 2.7K but it doesn’t film at that resolution anymore.

NOW...now it films pixelated. You know when you watch a YouTube video that’s buffering and is really pixelated? That’s exactly how it looks. Not smooth or crisp at all.

Has anyone had this issue before? Has anybody got any idea why this could be happening?
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Hans, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had recently with the video resolution. For us to double check and isolate the issue, would it be possible to share the video that you mentioned? Also with the camera settings when you took the shot(s). We're here to help you. Should you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2018-10-21
Use props
Air/America
Second Officer

United States

Is the video pixelated on the Go App viewing device, or is it pixelated on the video recorded on the SD card?

2018-10-21
Use props
Hans Sanchez
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-21 05:21
Hi Hans, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had recently with the video resolution. For us to double check and isolate the issue, would it be possible to share the video that you mentioned? Also with the camera settings when you took the shot(s). We're here to help you. Should you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

Hi Gamora, thanks for your reply. False alarm, I was being impatient. I was showing a client some work via the DJI Go App and it looked pixelated, I was so disappointed. Just opened it up on my mac and the footage is fine!
2018-10-21
Use props
Hans Sanchez
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Air/America Posted at 2018-10-21 07:27
Is the video pixelated on the Go App viewing device, or is it pixelated on the video recorded on the SD card?

False alarm, I was being impatient. I was showing a client some work via the DJI Go App and it looked pixelated, I was so disappointed. Just opened it up on my mac and the footage is fine!
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hans Sanchez Posted at 2018-10-21 10:52
Hi Gamora, thanks for your reply. False alarm, I was being impatient. I was showing a client some work via the DJI Go App and it looked pixelated, I was so disappointed. Just opened it up on my mac and the footage is fine!

Oh, Great Hans! Cheers!
2018-10-21
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

The feed transmission is restricted to 720p for the mobile devices via Go app but not for the feed recorded on the SD card. 1080p has a more better resolution and 2K7 is the best for the P3S.
2018-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules