3993 43 2018-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will the self heating batteries for the M2E work for the M2pro/zoom?

2018-10-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes they are compatible.
2018-10-30
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic 2 Enterprise FAQ shows they are compatible with the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2-enterprise/info#faq
2018-10-30
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

My guess is they will be almost $200 each too.
2018-10-30
Use props
Lolo780
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35122792 ft
  • >>>
Canada

How much are they?
2018-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, the battery of Mavic 2 Enterprise is compatible with Mavic 2 series, but we are still verifying with our engineer of the self-heating feature, I will keep you posted once we get any update, thank you.
2018-10-31
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-10-31
Use props
Todd Harper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180669 ft
United States

I was wondering when this feature was going to be added to the Mavic platform. I work a lot in cold environments and this a welcomed addition.
2018-10-31
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

I want self-cooling batteries for mine !
2018-10-31
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-31 01:58
Hi all, the battery of Mavic 2 Enterprise is compatible with Mavic 2 series, but we are still verifying with our engineer of the self-heating feature, I will keep you posted once we get any update, thank you.

As the self heating feature is turned on by pressing the battery button for 5 seconds I guess this shouldn't matter?
2018-10-31
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

Wonder how much the self heating element reduces flight time by.
2018-10-31
Use props
jonastheg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3574386 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedsIc Posted at 2018-10-31 06:55
Wonder how much the self heating element reduces flight time by.

Not much, the i2 batteries have the feature. They mostly use the heating feature to get to 15 degrees celsius and then from there they will heat up again if they drop under 15 but in my experience that is not needed as they create heat when discharging anyways.
2018-10-31
Use props
fans19cb2bbc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 490194 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I won't call bs on this yet, but every mavic air/pro2 battery has heating element to be able to auto discharge. This energy has to go somewhere and when that happens batteries get little toasty.  I wouldn't be surprised if these are normal batteries with different firmware. Every battery also has temperature sensor so all hardware is there already. Would like to see both batteries disassembled.
2018-10-31
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans19cb2bbc Posted at 2018-10-31 16:29
I won't call bs on this yet, but every mavic air/pro2 battery has heating element to be able to auto discharge. This energy has to go somewhere and when that happens batteries get little toasty.  I wouldn't be surprised if these are normal batteries with different firmware. Every battery also has temperature sensor so all hardware is there already. Would like to see both batteries disassembled.

I agree, probably just a matter of FW update.
2018-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DJIJAKOB Posted at 10-31 06:10
As the self heating feature is turned on by pressing the battery button for 5 seconds I guess this shouldn't matter?

Hi DJIJAKOB, we are still verifying with our engineers with the feature, I will keep you updated once we get the response, thanks.
2018-11-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedsIc Posted at 10-30 15:55
My guess is they will be almost $200 each too.

They are priced at £159 here in the UK - the same as the high capacity battery for the Phantom 4 series. So I'd say nearer $200 in the US.
2018-11-4
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-11-5
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

They are responding with:

if it is possible ....

Let's hope it is possible ...
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

El Diablo Posted at 11-5 00:07
This is weird... according to DJI Mindy, they will work only with the Enterprise (self-heating feature). however, according to DJI Support on YouTube, there will be a firmware update for this, including our existing batteries...

Hi El, the support in YouTube means we haven't gotten any info about if it is possible, please note the self-heating feature is not available with Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-11-5
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-11-5
Use props
Mrimstad
lvl.3
Norway

Wow, so much wierd info frrom supposedly the same place.

What we know so far: Batteries with heating work on theyr own. No fw or software comunication with the ac has to happen. (source youtube video)
There is no way the load resistor in the current batteries to drain it is large enough to also heat it, so only new batteries will have this feature.  

Wierd that dji would give different feedback on this as it is ohh so simple.
2018-11-5
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-4 23:41
Hi all, thanks for your patience, we have verified with our engineers that the battery of Mavic 2 Enterprise is compatible with Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom but the self-heating feature is not available when attaching it to Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, thanks for your understanding.

How could this be possible? The self heating feature is enabled by pressing the power button for 5 seconds. I could understand that the automatic self heating feature is not available with the M2Z/P. But the manual heating feature shouldn't matter if it's used with M2Z/P or M2E...
2018-11-5
Use props
Mrimstad
lvl.3
Norway

The automatic selfheating works on battery temperature, wich is internaly moniterd.
Auto feature should also work.

Ofc this is all just based on my understanding of the heating system as explained by the not so informative video and basic common electrical know how.
But it just makes sense
2018-11-5
Use props
poetoe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3181066 ft
Switzerland

I suggest using such, small self heating pads.  Put one of those into a lipo battery bag and your battery is kept warm for 12 hours.  Eventually you could even attach those onto the battery while flying :-) when its reaaaalllllllyyyy cold.  I use them for my kids when skiing.  They put these in their gloves and ski-boots.  Since then they never complained anymore about cold hands or feet.  They are very inexpensive and extremely good.

Here an example:
https://www.amazon.com/HotHands- ... eywords=hand+warmer
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DJIJAKOB Posted at 11-5 03:05
How could this be possible? The self heating feature is enabled by pressing the power button for 5 seconds. I could understand that the automatic self heating feature is not available with the M2Z/P. But the manual heating feature shouldn't matter if it's used with M2Z/P or M2E...

Hi DJIJAKOB, here are more details of the self-heating feature, hope it helps:
1. When mounting the battery of Mavic 2 Enterprise to Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom without refreshing the firmware of Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, the self-heating feature is available.
2. When mounting the battery of Mavic 2 Enterprise to Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom with the consistent firmware of Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, the manual heating is available but not the auto heating.
3. Whether the firmware of Mavic 2 Enterprise and Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom will keep consistent, we do not have the related info at the moment, please note the future release.
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

El Diablo Posted at 11-5 01:24
Hi Mindy, there's nothing to apologize for.
i am just a little disappointed that this feature was not offered as a set in the fly More Combo as it would have made sense... I believe this could be updated via firmware, you could offer that in the future even for a small fee. For landscape photographers like myself it would be heaven (instead to have to keep the batteries on my "underwear" (sort of speak) to keep the hot...

El, do you mean the Mavic Pro, if so, we do not have the related info if the self-heating will be available to Mavic Pro via the firmware upgrade, please note our website about the future upgrade, thank you.
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mrimstad Posted at 11-5 04:23
The automatic selfheating works on battery temperature, wich is internaly moniterd.
Auto feature should also work.

Hi Mrimstad, please check my post in 31# about more details, thanks.
2018-11-5
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-5 20:29
Hi DJIJAKOB, here are more details of the self-heating feature, hope it helps:
1. When mounting the battery of Mavic 2 Enterprise to Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom without refreshing the firmware of Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, the self-heating feature is available.
2. When mounting the battery of Mavic 2 Enterprise to Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom with the consistent firmware of Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, the manual heating is available but not the auto heating.

Thank you, Mindy. This is highly appreciated!
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DJIJAKOB Posted at 11-6 01:05
Thank you, Mindy. This is highly appreciated!

No problem, if there is any other update, I will keep you updated timely.
2018-11-6
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

El Diablo Posted at 11-6 01:58
Yes, I mean the Mavic 2 pro. If it is only a mater of firmware and the batteries are the same, you could offer that upgrade for free or for a fee, I don't care. What I don't want to do is have to buy another 3 batteries.

Thanks.

Even though the battery is compatible, there are still hardware limitation for the battery of Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom to support self-heating feature, if there is any update in the future, we will announce in our website.
2018-11-6
Use props
poetoe
lvl.3
Switzerland

So, back to square one. We all know that this will never happen given the answer from Mindy.  

Using heating pads as suggested above seems to be the only left solution.
2018-11-6
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

poetoe Posted at 11-6 02:55
So, back to square one. We all know that this will never happen given the answer from Mindy.  

Using heating pads as suggested above seems to be the only left solution.

I buy small heat pads at a local sports store for just 2USD, cheap and works great to keep the batteries warm.
2018-11-6
Use props
poetoe
lvl.3
Switzerland

DJIJAKOB Posted at 11-6 03:30
I buy small heat pads at a local sports store for just 2USD, cheap and works great to keep the batteries warm.

that's what I am gonna do for sure, use one of these battery bags with the heating pad in it and throw it in my back pack, full stop, warm batteries.....

Capture.PNG
Capture 1.PNG
2018-11-6
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-11-6
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

I'll jump into the fray...   If the Enterprise Batteries will work in the non-Enterprise Mavic-2's if the batteries firmware is not updated, won't there be problems when you get a warning "firmware does not match" or whatever and it wants the firmware updates to bring both battery and drone to the same firmware?  Can you keep ignoring the warning and what happens when the firmware for the E-batteries does change - how do you get it with the "ordinary" mavic 2 units?
2018-11-6
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 11-6 07:24
I'll jump into the fray...   If the Enterprise Batteries will work in the non-Enterprise Mavic-2's if the batteries firmware is not updated, won't there be problems when you get a warning "firmware does not match" or whatever and it wants the firmware updates to bring both battery and drone to the same firmware?  Can you keep ignoring the warning and what happens when the firmware for the E-batteries does change - how do you get it with the "ordinary" mavic 2 units?

SO the question is when will DJI update the M2 pro/zoom firmware  (ac and battery) so the feature is available without having to use "non-mtching firmware"  especially as you are not going to be sure what else doesn't match.

I suspect the decision may well be down to marketing as much as engineering.
2018-11-7
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

fans19cb2bbc Posted at 10-31 16:29
I won't call bs on this yet, but every mavic air/pro2 battery has heating element to be able to auto discharge. This energy has to go somewhere and when that happens batteries get little toasty.  I wouldn't be surprised if these are normal batteries with different firmware. Every battery also has temperature sensor so all hardware is there already. Would like to see both batteries disassembled.

Genius....nice deduction
2018-11-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

El Diablo Posted at 11-6 06:36
Sorry to come back to this again but from what you are saying it all depends on FIRMWARE, correct?
If you mount the battery to the M2 without updating the FW, self heating is enabled.
If you mount the battery to the M2 updating the FW, self heating is not enabled but manual heating is...

El, we didn't get more info of what this hardware limitation is, but it is for sure that the battery of Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom doesn't have the self-heating feature no matter it is mounted in Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom or Mavic 2 Enterprise. If there is any update in the future, we will keep you updated. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ff22 Posted at 11-6 07:24

Yes, you can choose to flash the firmware of the Mavic 2 Enterprise battery to the firmware of Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom or not currently, if there is any further update, we will keep you updated in our website.
2018-11-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules