Phantom 2 Version 2 Transmitter RF vs, Lightbridge
4916 13 2014-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spudraleigh
New

United States

[size=14.3999996185303px]The new transmitter has a trainer port which is great since it allowed me to sell my Futaba 14SG and get enough to buy a whole new Phantom 2 (almost)!  The thing is, with the Futaba, I ALWAYS made sure to turn off the RF so as not to interfere with the Lightbridge signal (also at 2.4Gz).  I thought that maybe inserting a cable into the trainer port on the new DJI Tx would posibly disable RF.  Turns out that is not the case.  It still works as a normal transmitter even with trainer cable plugged in and then into LB.

[size=14.3999996185303px]This may be a problem since there can be interference with the LightBridge which also uses 2.4GHz. What is the answer to this?  Will DJI issue an update to turn off RF when the trainer port is plugged in?  I am beginning to feel sorry I sold my Futaba since I am nervous flying under these circumstances.  I have not yet had an issue but I am very concerned about this.

[size=14.3999996185303px]Please advise :-)  Thank you.

2014-11-6
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

Hi Spudraleigh,

Our new 2.4G Tx is not likely to interfere with the RF as long it is correctedly connected to the ground end of the Lightbridge (refer to last two paragraphs in P3 of the lightbridge user manuel: http://download.dji-innovations. ... Manual_v1.02_en.pdf).

Any questions, feel free to contact us.
2014-11-7
Use props
spudraleigh
New

United States

DJI-Jolie Posted at 2014-11-7 17:55
Hi Spudraleigh,

Our new 2.4G Tx is not likely to interfere with the RF as long it is correctedly co ...

Thanks for the reply but the LB manual (Page 11)  specifically say to not use a Tx with RF turned on.  So, how can the RF be turned off on the Phantom v2 Remote?

"CONTROL IN Port
Connect to training port on remote control using remote control cable and rectangle headed training port
cable. Connect gimbal and aircraft controllers to control both simultaneously. 2.4GHz remote controls
must be connected to this port with RF switched off to avoid interference
. Remote controls working at
other frequencies cannot be connected to the Control In port using the remote control link"
2014-11-9
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

spudraleigh Posted at 2014-11-10 10:30
Thanks for the reply but the LB manual (Page 11)  specifically say to not use a Tx with RF turned  ...

Hi Spudraleigh,

I have checked with my colleagues that the DJI new Tx would automatically shut off the RF when the trainer port would be connected to the ground station of LB.

Any other questions, feel free to contact us.
2014-11-9
Use props
spudraleigh
New

United States

DJI-Jolie Posted at 2014-11-10 11:12
Hi Spudraleigh,

I have checked with my colleagues that the DJI new Tx would automatically shut of ...

I have tested it and the is NOT the case.  The use of the trainer port DOES NOT turn off RF on the Tx.  In fact, another of your colleagues stated that though it is not turned off, there is little to worry about interference.  How can you reconcile that?

Please be honest here since there are many who are concerned about this issue!  Thanks.
2014-11-10
Use props
spudraleigh
New

United States

DJI-Jolie Posted at 2014-11-10 11:12
Hi Spudraleigh,

I have checked with my colleagues that the DJI new Tx would automatically shut of ...

After several more tests, it turns out that with the cable red end plugged into the LB ground, the Tx no long binds with the bird indicating that the RF is in fact turned off (or at least not active).  I stand corrected, and can now confidently state that I am now comfortable, as others should be, that there is no interference of the new Phantom Tx with the Lightbridge.

Sorry for the FUD but I just want to make sure!  Appreciate the time of Tahoe Ed and DJP-Jolie on this non-issue!
2014-11-10
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

No worries.  I am glad that you are now satisfied with the response and confident in the product.
2014-11-10
Use props
halbert.tim
New

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-11 09:33
No worries.  I am glad that you are now satisfied with the response and confident in the product.

Excuse me. Many have been, myself included, what is the use of and for the training port on the new remote. Is it to interface with SIM in Lightbridge or Ground Station? Or is there going to be or is there a simulator app for it's use? What type of cable is needed?
2014-12-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

halbert.tim@gma Posted at 2014-12-5 00:10
Excuse me. Many have been, myself included, what is the use of and for the training port on the ne ...

The trainer port works with the Lightbridge and will work with many Sim's.  You just have to try it.  The GS is something entirely different.  You interface with that on the App.
2014-12-4
Use props
halbert.tim
New

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-12-5 02:24
The trainer port works with the Lightbridge and will work with many Sim's.  You just have to try it ...

Awesome! I have tried several sims. No luck yet. I purchased this cable. http://www.ebay.com/itm/13094543 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Do you know specically what cable / sims work? Thanks again. Surely someone knows.
2014-12-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The supplied cable with the Lightbridge works if you reverse the connection.  Black into the Tx and red into the Lightbridge.  I am not sure about the Sims.  I do not have or use one.  I just fly for my experience.
2014-12-4
Use props
emanuelevacca
lvl.1

Italy

my dji radiocontrol is not able to communicate with lightbridge. i found that if i unplug a little bit the cable from the trainer port of the radiocontrol, everything start to work as expected.
Is it a known bug?
could i have a replacement or it is a common problem?
2015-2-27
Use props
jelee
lvl.1
United States

emanuelevacca@l Posted at 2015-2-28 03:32
my dji radiocontrol is not able to communicate with lightbridge. i found that if i unplug a little b ...

After hours of searching, I have the same issue.  I'm using the 5.8GHz version 2 transmitter.  Unplugged the red connect a little and things began working.  I think DJI needs to address this, could be a problem if the cable comes out during a critical flight maneuver.  Now I have to deal with the fact that I get no video from my GoPro, just a solid red light on the receiver/transmitter.

Thanks for posting your find.
2015-3-20
Use props
emanuelevacca
lvl.1

Italy

Hi jelee. I use this sequence to let the video to work: resolution 1080 (may be that this no matters), the red led on the Flying lightbridge is not important because it is relative to analog input and i suspect that you are using the hdmi digital input. Follow this powering sequence: 1) poweron the copter with the "air lightbridge". 2) poweron the "ground lightbridge" and wait it to be connected. 3)power on the gopro camera. 4)open the lightbridge application. Now telemetry and video start to work. if you still can not see the video, play by removing usb cables, rebooting your phone, change options on the app, change gopro resolution while powered and connected. (do all this in this order)

p.s.: about your radiocontrol problem, did you tried to connect the red audio connector to the lightbridge side? the support told me that in some cases this solves the problem, even if the documentation tell this should be wrong.
2015-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules