Urgent: MAVIC AIR VIDEOS CHOPPY
2982 17 2018-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aomame
lvl.1

Estonia

Greetings

I've been using my DJI Mavic air for some months now and I've mostly taken pictures. But every time I try to shoot a video my videos are quite choppy. Please see the video links that I provide to see what I mean. I have looked into tens of topics around the forum and elsewhere but so far I have not found a solution. My videos are in 1080p 60 fps and I do not have a SD card inside the drone. Also I mostly do nature based stuff so the places are usually VERY remote (so interference shouldnt be an issue). What could be the problem? Any help greatly appreciated...

Video 1:

Video 2:

Video 3:

2018-12-25
Use props
aomame
lvl.1

Estonia

I just noticed a very peculiar thing. The videos are not choppy in Youtube?!?! But they are when I open them on my Xiaomi phone or in VLC? Any ideas?
2018-12-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day aomame. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with the videos taken fro your DJI Mavic Air. Have you tried to use a different mobile device and check if the issue will still persist? May I also know what is the model of the SD card that you are using on your DJI Mavic Air? Please keep us posted on the said issue. Thank you.
2018-12-25
Use props
Hoverfreak
lvl.2
United States

They are not choppy when I view them on my computer - maybe it's the device you are watching them on.
2018-12-25
Use props
aomame
lvl.1

Estonia

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-25 11:03
Hello and good day aomame. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with the videos taken fro your DJI Mavic Air. Have you tried to use a different mobile device and check if the issue will still persist? May I also know what is the model of the SD card that you are using on your DJI Mavic Air? Please keep us posted on the said issue. Thank you.

I dont use any SD card. I use the internal memory of the drone. It used to be choppy on my previous android as well.
2018-12-25
Use props
aomame
lvl.1

Estonia

Hoverfreak Posted at 12-25 11:08
They are not choppy when I view them on my computer - maybe it's the device you are watching them on.

When I send the video to someone in Facebook for example, the choppiness remains in the file. So it should be something with the file itself rather than the device im looking it from? Although it is strange that Youtube "eliminates" the choppiness..
2018-12-25
Use props
Sky Carrier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Sorry Aomame, I don't see any choppy behavior in these videos. Besides that thanks for sharing
2018-12-25
Use props
aomame
lvl.1

Estonia

Sky Carrier Posted at 12-25 11:59
Sorry Aomame, I don't see any choppy behavior in these videos. Besides that thanks for sharing

That is very interesting indeed. I swear the videos are choppy as hell when I view them on my phone or in a VLC player. But when I upload them to Youtube they are perfect and smooth...
2018-12-25
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Try a better device.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-25
Use props
aomame
lvl.1

Estonia

Alex B. Posted at 12-25 13:46
Try a better device.

Flysafely

Thats actually a pretty new Android (approx 2 months old)... Could this be a  DJI firmware issue?
2018-12-25
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

aomame Posted at 12-25 13:49
Thats actually a pretty new Android (approx 2 months old)... Could this be a  DJI firmware issue?

Just try on a good iPhone for example, it might be some incompatibilities with your phone.
I doubt it’s firmware issue.
Although now I see that it’s a mavic air, I have a spark and a mavic pro which is super stable firmwarewise, on air everything is possible

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-25
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
United Kingdom

I believe the phones are the problem, or specifically, what you have running on them.
Any phone can only run a limited number of background apps at one time, before the impact the performance. This can be processing and or memory. Not storage memory, but the area the processor uses. As a start, find out how to shut down all active processes on the phone and then run the video. Try reading the phone manual or look up on line.
2018-12-26
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No choppiness for me either. The only issue is the focus of the camera but that's probably down to weather conditions and mist.
2018-12-26
Use props
aomame
lvl.1

Estonia

Ok thanks for the advice. I will try debugging.
2018-12-26
Use props
djiuser_gMTN6eOPciG1
New

France

Hello,,

Having the same issue with a brand new Mavic Air 2.
Tweaking the quality of the video/ wi-fi/ bluetooth, does not do anything.
Any  best practice ?

Thank you.
2020-8-12
Use props
Robertodst
New
Flight distance : 57290 ft
Italy

As I already wrote in other forum rooms with the same object, I have a similar problem, not on the video transmitted to the mobile phone, but on the video recorded on the SD card.
The video lacks some very short intervals, it is chopped.
I googled and found that many many people complain about the same problem, in particular this link (not mine) clearly shows the problem (it is not the only one):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuD3qG4hjms
As you can see the video is not smooth and fluid.
I've tried changing all the recording parameters, practically all the combination of resolutions and frame-rates, but the problem always arises, when less when more, in all the cases.
The mavic firmware is updated to latest one.
If someone thinks that the SD card I am using is not suitable then we must also establish that a SunDisk Extreme 32GB V30 U3 is not suitable for use in the mavic air 2.
If someone thinks that my PC is the cause of the problem in the playback phase we should understand which system should be better performing than this
     * -memory size: 63GiB
     * -cpu product: Intel (R) Core (TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz
         size: 4446MHz, capacity: 4800MHz
     NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 Max-Q

I am very afraid to notice that this defect is clearly present in all public videos made with the mavic air 2.
This could mean that the problem cannot be easily solved with a setting or with the replacement of a different SD card, or other than the user can do.
Really I hope this is not the case, but if the issue is confirmed by DJI, I believe that it should be considered with the highest priority and, if possible, resolved quickly.
Anyway, if anyone has the opportunity to show me a video, made with mavic air 2, and which does not show this problem, I would obviously be very grateful.

Thanks for your suggestions
2020-12-25
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

Guys, I had the same issue with my Mavic Air, no prior issues with my old P4.
I changed the Sandisk Extreme Pro card, same issue. I was so upset until I imported a clip in Adobe PremierePro to realize I had no issues with the clip. I took my microSD card to another laptop and no more choppiness. It was just the Photo Apps on my desktop playing the mp4.
2021-1-1
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
2021-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules