12Next >
2264 57 2019-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Another participant forwarned cal's are not too consistent those demands of preflight chks.
I considered nags legit since my launch surface is manmade parking lot layered multi story.
But doldrums this morn, no nag, precision liftoff, elevator until faa umbrella'd, rth none casualty, success. Then nag.
So participant is correct. Nag was derelict to duty call.
Cal completed sat three attampts to succeed. Then liftoff two, ditto.
Then cal nag for 3rd takeoff, three iterations to succeed (hold craft above my head high standing eliminates reiterate for success. Dunno why training depicts 4ft above earth).
So we see nag can be spurious yet consistent.
Is this conservative?
No.
Can detriment result because of sporadic behavior that shall not manifest hit or miss flagging need for cal?

2019-1-9
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

yep...common well documented issue and seems to fallen on deaf ears with DJi.
i only have theories for why it maybe nagging constantly for compass calibration as dji wont explain wtf is so differant about the macvic air compass and why seems to gotten alot worse since .500 update..   
2019-1-9
Use props
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
United States

Hush is intellectual property rights allbeit hinderance for evolve, hey, the united states steals info priviledged as it pertains to being bully world policeman.
Navigation telemetry and corporate control by wireless is fair game be it intruse.
Dji can not reveal protectionism of intellectual property rights since they lever the community toward improve recall thrive motto "making real the possible".
While true they've invested to be now the lead nonmilitary applications for drone use, they've pulled invaluable public participants intellectual findings.
It's  their arena, support included with forum, and external forums too. They comb all proceeds besides their own.
2019-1-9
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl Posted at 1-9 16:57
Hush is intellectual property rights allbeit hinderance for evolve, hey, the united states steals info priviledged as it pertains to being bully world policeman.
Navigation telemetry and corporate control by wireless is fair game be it intruse.
Dji can not reveal protectionism of intellectual property rights since they lever the community toward improve recall thrive motto "making real the possible".

i...cannot read the context of these messages...
2019-1-9
Use props
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-9 17:17
i...cannot read the context of these messages...

i responded to your quack fw fix that hasn't been answered.
main point was dji's entitlement nondisclosure of theirs.
i believe that's the itch.
2019-1-9
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Another participant forwarned cal's are not too consistent those demands of preflight chks.
I considered nags legit since my launch surface is manmade parking lot layered multi story.

Flying from a multi-story building is going to mess with your compass so when you have some altitude the IMU and compass are not going to agree, then you have a big problem

(The translator makes it very difficult to decipher your posts, what is your original language?)

Take your machine to an open field, no metal close by and then try to calibrate the compass
2019-1-9
Use props
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
United States

Boffin Posted at 1-9 19:34

Yes status quo has hardship understanding.
What thrives is getting the wanton results.
Here, navigational issues, owed from infrastruct, confuses even the one believing kingdom infrastructure free.

But from another purview, why doesn't dji introduce a far superior encompass? Like me metropolis, like most others wild nature
2019-1-10
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Boffin Posted at 1-9 19:34

My compass always barks at me and i fly a mixture of urban and rural.  I cannot find a pattern to my mavic air’s complaining.  Sometimes is totally fine same location next minute it’s upset about its compass.  

The issue I have with the compass error is mostly down to it showing low or no compass bias for me in app when it happens and fact can’t pick the drone up and move it to clear it you are forced to take  action.. That, and the rate it occurs and the lack of understandable pattern for why it happens..since one minute totally fine with take off location and next it’s upset about it on next launch..

DJI PLEASE EFFING ISSUE A FW UPDATE TO FIX THIS, k thx
2019-1-10
Use props
Guillo10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 413 ft
Argentina

Si, solucion para el tema de la brujula, que cuando ocurre, no es siempre, es muy molesto, Saludos
2019-1-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Try elevating drone with non-metal object about 3-foot off parking lot surface.   See if you still get Compass Nags.
Object could be folding card table (alumnium sides and legs), inverted plastic garbage can, or stable cardboard box.

2019-1-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-10 11:48
My compass always barks at me and i fly a mixture of urban and rural.  I cannot find a pattern to my mavic air’s complaining.  Sometimes is totally fine same location next minute it’s upset about its compass.  

The issue I have with the compass error is mostly down to it showing low or no compass bias for me in app when it happens and fact can’t pick the drone up and move it to clear it you are forced to take  action.. That, and the rate it occurs and the lack of understandable pattern for why it happens..since one minute totally fine with take off location and next it’s upset about it on next launch..

Saw similar goofy Compass NAG with my first Mavic Pro Platinum.

Out in middle of nowhere, on first power up, MPp would complain about compass needing calibration.  As long as I kept everything powered up, on next flight from same location, no NAG.  Swap MPp battery possibly a NAG on next flight.  Turn off RC and SmartDevice, likely a NAG on next flight.

Moving around and starting flights from different locations made no difference.

Got to where I would do one compass calibration on first flight.  Then ignore any subsequent Compass NAGs for the day.

Problem went away when I started using CrystalSky as SmartDevice.  Of course there were firmware and GO-4 upgrades near same time.
2019-1-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl Posted at 1-10 10:27
Yes status quo has hardship understanding.
What thrives is getting the wanton results.
Here, navigational issues, owed from infrastruct, confuses even the one believing kingdom infrastructure free.

Doubtful that any compass will not be affected when close to man-made parking lot layered multi story.

From description it reads like you are flying from top floor of a parking garage, likely made with concrete using steel for reinforcing.  You generally can not see steel, it is embedded inside concrete.

You can download Smart Phone apps that can detect and show you sources of Magnetic Interference that will effect Compasses.  Starting with Smart Phone five feet above parking garage surface and moving Smart Phone to within 3-inches of surface will show whether there is anything near surface causing Magnetic Interference.

There is possibility of steel beams, metal piping and electrical lines on bottom side of parking garage surface causing Magnetic Interference.  Along with possibility of enough vehicles on and in parking garage (close by) to cause compass problems.
2019-1-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-11 12:37
Saw similar goofy Compass NAG with my first Mavic Pro Platinum.

Out in middle of nowhere, on first power up, MPp would complain about compass needing calibration.  As long as I kept everything powered up, on next flight from same location, no NAG.  Swap MPp battery possibly a NAG on next flight.  Turn off RC and SmartDevice, likely a NAG on next flight.

makes makes ya wonder what is causing it if its sampling compass telemtry from smart device as some form of reference or if its really a firmware/software issue.

side note:  i just took my mavic air outside and recalibrated the compass doing the normal first step of rotating it 360 degrees flat then next step ignoring the app and turning the drone so camera faces the sky and spinning it around and guess what..it accepted it!  and compass seems just as accurate as always.     makes me further wonder if the instructions in the app are incorrect or something..  only time will tell, tomorrow ill be on the road so ill take ill see if it nags me as always or what.. gotta give it a few days, because compass errors are so random.
2019-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-11 13:15
makes makes ya wonder what is causing it if its sampling compass telemtry from smart device as some form of reference or if its really a firmware/software issue.

side note:  i just took my mavic air outside and recalibrated the compass doing the normal first step of rotating it 360 degrees flat then next step ignoring the app and turning the drone so camera faces the sky and spinning it around and guess what..it accepted it!  and compass seems just as accurate as always.     makes me further wonder if the instructions in the app are incorrect or something..  only time will tell, tomorrow ill be on the road so ill take ill see if it nags me as always or what.. gotta give it a few days, because compass errors are so random.

Whatever it is whether something purposely wrong whether it’s a soft wear glitch one thing is apparent and that is we see very few problems now with compass , so if it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it.

I think part of the OP’s problem is caused by the envoirment he is flying in and much of the nagging is of his own making,I would find it impossible to relay this to him as his brand of English is like something I have never witnessed before and hopefully I never will again, I would sooner go back to studying Latin, lol
2019-1-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-11 14:29
Whatever it is whether something purposely wrong whether it’s a soft wear glitch one thing is apparent and that is we see very few problems now with compass , so if it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it.

I think part of the OP’s problem is caused by the envoirment he is flying in and much of the nagging is of his own making,I would find it impossible to relay this to him as his brand of English is like something I have never witnessed before and hopefully I never will again, I would sooner go back to studying Latin, lol

on pro drones yes absolutely errors are at an all time low, on the air though seems to be something a bit different i think it may need addressing or atleast deeper investigation, i mean this is an on going issue that seems to cause a lot of grief can be we are all doing it wrong..

extra note;  i just ran 4 more flights, sport mode blasting around and distance flights as getting dark.. ambient temp is sub zero Celcius here... (not sure exact temp but below 32F) ..blah blah.. using the alternate compass calibration method (not one shown in the app) and i have to this seems to have helped thus far..  not 1 error even had my GF do a hand launch she wears stainless steel apple watch, no issues!  have to see if this calibration method holds up

it may just be we are calibrating it wrong when it told us to and instructions need to be better reflective of the correct way.  since way i did it is rotated the drone as per step 1 then step 2 i ignored the app and pointed my aircraft at the sky (camera up) and spun it in place it took!  
2019-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-11 14:46
on pro drones yes absolutely errors are at an all time low, on the air though seems to be something a bit different i think it may need addressing or atleast deeper investigation, i mean this is an on going issue that seems to cause a lot of grief can be we are all doing it wrong..

extra note;  i just ran 4 more flights, sport mode blasting around and distance flights as getting dark.. ambient temp is sub zero Celcius here... (not sure exact temp but below 32F) ..blah blah.. using the alternate compass calibration method (not one shown in the app) and i have to this seems to have helped thus far..  not 1 error even had my GF do a hand launch she wears stainless steel apple watch, no issues!  have to see if this calibration method holds up

You can put craft faced up or down, I have found instead of moving craft around in front of me that best to move around holding craft still in front of me.
2019-1-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-11 14:53
You can put craft faced up or down, I have found instead of moving craft around in front of me that best to move around holding craft still in front of me.

hmmm.  ill test that out as well.    so basically doing the calibration dance but holding the drone up/down vs flat/level ?
2019-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-11 15:08
hmmm.  ill test that out as well.    so basically doing the calibration dance but holding the drone up/down vs flat/level ?

No first flat level circle clockwise then hold it out in front facing up or down and do same circle clockwise .
2019-1-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-11 15:10
No first flat level circle clockwise then hold it out in front facing up or down and do same circle clockwise .

sounds kinda like what i did just rotated the drone around itself .. flat outright then up..
2019-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-11 15:18
sounds kinda like what i did just rotated the drone around itself .. flat outright then up..

No not rotate drone around hold drone in front of and physically move your self clock wise 360 holding .
2019-1-11
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032569 ft
United States

What is your first language?  If I had a clue of the syntax you're accustomed to it would help in decyphering exactly what you describe in your posts.

If English is your first language then...uuuuummmm....
2019-1-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-11 16:02
No not rotate drone around hold drone in front of and physically move your self clock wise 360 holding .

ok ok.  i get it now.
2019-1-11
Use props
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-10 11:48

The issue I have with the compass error is mostly down to it showing low or no compass bias for me in app when it happens and fact can’t pick the drone up and move it to clear it you are forced to take  action.. That, and the rate it occurs and the lack of understandable pattern for why it happens..since one minute totally fine with take off location and next it’s upset about it on next launch..

No. You folks are misled. It takes time once craft is electrified.
I watch time unfold from opti into nineteen satellites, takes time.
But compass is correct: tropical rain forests uninhabitated CONSISTENTLY NONE NAGS!

But in metropolis ALWAYS STRONG APPROACHING AIRCRAFT INTERFERENCE AND COMPASS CAL NAGS BY 4TH DECK PARKING STRUCTURE KEEAMOKU WALMART SAM'S CLUB
2019-1-11
Use props
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-11 12:27

Try elevating drone with non-metal object about 3-foot off parking lot surface.   See if you still get Compass Nags.
No. Better is to hold craft in demanded spatial orientation high above your head with one arm while standing.
That's six feet right?
On that sundeck PARKING STRUCTURE CAL nag only once forgot to nag, why, I launched too fast for craft recognition boot up prechks

Btw, that PARKING DECK is higher than utilities air laid. It is crowned so water rolls off. It is huge. I launch where patrons don't  want to walk their distanced cars. Lamp posts on deck are obstacles unless craft is planed higher. Trying to hone dexterity thumbstks like how we saw startrek and babylon5 crafts bank turns so gracefully.
2019-1-11
Use props
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-11 14:53

There's only two planes to rotate, the deck plane, and the rocketship plane. The word plane is the geometric define. I stand erect in the same spot ballerina 'ing twirl tippytoed craft held high above my head. You gotta twirl tippytoed until solid green butt. Then either nose skyward or tarmac pointed and twirl in place until butt green flashes green. Now go and position craft onto burly transformer step down enclosure and report back nag or not?
2019-1-11
Use props
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
United States

Skeeter Honey Posted at 1-11 16:14
What is your first language?  If I had a clue of the syntax you're accustomed to it would help in decyphering exactly what you describe in your posts.

If English is your first language then...uuuuummmm....

Post is concerned of navigational disparities caused by infrastructure.
When absent, there is no nag.
Craft behaves well when infrastructure nil.
2019-1-11
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl Posted at 1-11 16:50
No. You folks are misled. It takes time once craft is electrified.
I watch time unfold from opti into nineteen satellites, takes time.
But compass is correct: tropical rain forests uninhabitated CONSISTENTLY NONE NAGS!

OH!  Ok.

Yeah, I'd expect tons of interference near Ala Moana.
2019-1-11
Use props
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
United States

Skeeter Honey Posted at 1-11 22:47
OH!  Ok.

Yeah, I'd expect tons of interference near Ala Moana.

Tourist industrialisation brings bandwidth expansion yet storming interferences
2019-1-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl Posted at 1-12 09:19
Tourist industrialisation brings bandwidth expansion yet storming interferences

As previously asked, what is your Native Language?
Please try a different Language Translator.

2019-1-12
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-12 09:41
As previously asked, what is your Native Language?
Please try a different Language Translator.

My read is that the OP is Kama'aina.
2019-1-12
Use props
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
United States

Skeeter Honey Posted at 1-12 10:21
My read is that the OP is Kama'aina.

Regarding off the wall communicating unfamiliarities, well yes, lyrics can be interpretively ambiguous to the unaccustomed.
One homes the delivered inferences made from context of thread unfolding.
Darn forum stacks most recent posts onto tail of thread missing nexus to the targeted poster's interact.
2019-1-12
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl Posted at 1-12 10:54
Regarding off the wall communicating unfamiliarities, well yes, lyrics can be interpretively ambiguous to the unaccustomed.
One homes the delivered inferences made from context of thread unfolding.
Darn forum stacks most recent posts onto tail of thread missing nexus to the targeted poster's interact.

Jello-wall-nailing endeavors to comprehend, response ambiguity is your trade my friend
Request for advice on dji forum seves to widen the gulf of communication
Simple response lost and ignored like compass nag
2019-1-12
Use props
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
United States

Skeeter Honey Posted at 1-12 11:03
Jello-wall-nailing endeavors to comprehend, response ambiguity is your trade my friend
Request for advice on dji forum seves to widen the gulf of communication
Simple response lost and ignored like compass nag

Oh my. The value of forum evolution of knowledge amongst participants can become frustrating owing to the rather diverse coverage of topics within single theme posting.
I flew again early this morn.
No nag from KEEAMOKU walmart SAM'S club flightdeck PARKING STRUCTURE. Launched from huge cardboard box left there. Same scenario dejar vu "STRONG APPROACHING AIRCRAFT INTERFERENCE encountering, lost connection, initializing casualty rth"
Precision landing three feet away from box and CAL nag redflagged. So do ballerina in two geometric planes (deck=craft horiz plane, and, rocketship plane pointing nose heavenwards) to achieve solid green butt led and next, blinking green butt led. Then walk somewhere else and launch without box (use tarmac) and NONE nag, regardless I changed my launch location.
What this means is once red flag cleared (nag), it is ignoring manmade infrastructure but at that incept for flagging.
Since I moved somewhere else once succeeding satisfactory  CAL and another red f
2019-1-12
Use props
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl Posted at 1-12 11:19
Oh my. The value of forum evolution of knowledge amongst participants can become frustrating owing to the rather diverse coverage of topics within single theme posting.
No nag from KEEAMOKU walmart SAM'S club flightdeck PARKING STRUCTURE. Launched from huge cardboard box left there. Same scenario dejar vu "STRONG APPROACHING AIRCRAFT INTERFERENCE encountering, lost connection, initializing casualty rth"

Another red flag did not actuate, this means, all systems functioning ok, the accepted CAL for that takeoff point can be changed without craft knowing you have repositioned craft afar from the  point probing of surrounding infrastructure compass thwarts .
2019-1-12
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl Posted at 1-12 11:19

Why not take your drone up the Wiliwilinui trail and try it there?  Much less interference and it isn't too far away from you.
2019-1-12
Use props
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
United States

Skeeter Honey Posted at 1-12 11:40
Why not take your drone up the Wiliwilinui trail and try it there?  Much less interference and it isn't too far away from you.
So tried deep manoa community valley. PARKING attendant at the tourist trap trellis garden restaurant soaks me five bucks PARKING for penetrating foliage canopy daylight penetration to ascend toward waterfall tiered twofold. Thing is I am sixtyfive under hundred pounder skin and bones. That big cheese frank wank of dji gets helicopter chauffeured controlling his spectacular drone footage of next empire to come. Here am I on boat shoes, mavic air and controller cellphone, blind beneath foliage canopy Manuvering access to the reachable waterfalls tiered purely by screen alone?
Is this the strict definition "flying not by line of sight?"
2019-1-12
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl Posted at 1-12 12:16
So tried deep manoa community valley. PARKING attendant at the tourist trap trellis garden restaurant soaks me five bucks PARKING for penetrating foliage canopy daylight penetration to ascend toward waterfall tiered twofold. Thing is I am sixtyfive under hundred pounder skin and bones. That big cheese frank wank of dji gets helicopter chauffeured controlling his spectacular drone footage of next empire to come. Here am I on boat shoes, mavic air and controller cellphone, blind beneath foliage canopy Manuvering access to the reachable waterfalls tiered purely by screen alone?
Is this the strict definition "flying not by line of sight?"

Bruddah, go here:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wiliwilinui+Ridge+Trail,+Honolulu,+HI+96821/@21.3092934,-157.7618521,259m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x7c0012d5a8ef6873:0x9989e9810164806f!8m2!3d21.3140598!4d-157.7598181

Lots of line-of-sight, little interference, free parking (in a cul-de-sac).

Great views, lovely trail, and it isn't treacherous until you get beyond the benches halfway up.  It dakine, yeah?
2019-1-12
Use props
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
United States

Skeeter Honey Posted at 1-12 12:38
Bruddah, go here:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wiliwilinui+Ridge+Trail,+Honolulu,+HI+96821/@21.3092934,-157.7618521,259m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x7c0012d5a8ef6873:0x9989e9810164806f!8m2!3d21.3140598!4d-157.7598181

I don't have the Honda fit cigarette charger yet from China Shenzhen eleven USD and two mavic air batteries each fiftyeight USD from Shenzhen.  All I have is the joint Costco dji. Once I can charge without line voltage, I will succeed such sanctuary flight spaces, of course, for the disabled elderly destitute!
Thank you latlong.
2019-1-12
Use props
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
United States

Skeeter Honey Posted at 1-12 12:38
Bruddah, go here:

Hey! That's waialae iki ridge. Those are five million USD homes, steep car strain ascend on my Honda fit sport, chewn brake pads descent too!
Gotta covet arriving spare batteries and Honda cigarette lighter port AIRCRAFT battery charger that says it will not stop itself even if Honda battery is depleted too much as to incur loss of engine cranking amperage.

I was going to Shenzhen purchase the car charger which does protect the Honda cold cranking amperage for startup. Yet forums claimed the aftermarket are fine incurring no ills onto precious batteries (recall temperature coolness preservation is longevity performance too?)
2019-1-12
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

And I thought I was here for the beer
2019-1-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced