Phantom 4 Pro with or without the built in screen???
1754 8 2019-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bud297
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34508 ft
Bermuda

Hi I'm interested in buying a P4P and not sure if I should get one with the built in screen on the remote or get one without the built in screen. Any experiences or recommendations would be greatly appreciated please???
2019-1-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The built-in screen is very bright and works well in bright sunlight but it's a small screen and many users prefer a larger screen (8 inch size is what works best for my eyes) and find a shady tree etc if flying in bright sunny conditions.

The big problem with the built-in screen is that it won't accept 3rd party apps which are what's used for serious mapping projects.  That won't be an issue if you just want to fly, photograph and have fun.
2019-1-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-17 19:21
The built-in screen is very bright and works well in bright sunlight but it's a small screen and many users prefer a larger screen (8 inch size is what works best for my eyes) and find a shady tree etc if flying in bright sunny conditions.

The big problem with the built-in screen is that it won't accept 3rd party apps which are what's used for serious mapping projects.  That won't be an issue if you just want to fly, photograph and have fun.

Aloha Bud,

Labroides is spot-on with his comments.  If you go with the tablet be sure to stay under the 10.1 inch size tablets.  You might ask Labroides what tablet he recommends.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, we do appreciate your interest in our products. Please kote that the P4P+ with built-in screen do not support external mobile devices. Make sure it is the one you needed before making the decision. Thanks for your support.

1.PNG
2019-1-18
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Without its they right way to go..!
2019-1-18
Use props
1Eagle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

I have the P4P and purchased the Crystalsky 7.85 display and I love it. It is great in bright sunlight and you can run other software. You have to purchase a separate mounting bracket but I think it is worth the extra if you can afford it.
2019-1-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Adding your own device gives you the advantage off all the other uses it can provide.

RedHotPoker
2019-1-18
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi
I have a P4A + (with screen), personally wouldn't be without it.

No additional hassle or leads by charging a phone or iPad etc, the charge lasts for ages, brilliant in the sun, quick to fire up and fly & less to pack and look after.

Ok if you need some additional software loaded, then potential issues, but then do you really(only if its work related possibly).

My 10p for what its worth.

2019-1-18
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

I have a "Plus"  and love the screen brightness - admittedly it is on the small size,  but It doesn't bother me too much.
2019-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules