1016 6 2019-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eyemann
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54026 ft

Costa Rica

Hello everyone!

I recently received the Mavic Air. Being this my first drone I must say I am really happy with the drone and with the DJI community, only reading here on the forum has helped me a lot!

In the last days I have had some issues taking photos or videos. Everything works fine at the beginning but when the drone batteries is at 60% or less, sometimes it does not let me take a photo/video. 32GB SD card is definetly not full and I have the option to store it in the SD. Everything works perfect except this. When it happens I take down the drone and and once landed it allows me to take photos/videos again.

I hope this is an easy fix-mistake since I am studing audiovisuals and want to start using the drone for some projects in a near future!

2019-1-25
Use props
Eyemann
lvl.2

Costa Rica

Also if you have any tips for more cinematic shots, please let me know!
2019-1-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Just to clarify, may I know if you are receiving an error message on the app? If yes, can you please provide us a screenshot so we can check. Also, please make sure that you are pressing the video/photo button. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2019-1-25
Use props
Eyemann
lvl.2

Costa Rica

Hi, I am not getting any error on the app. The video/photo button is grey out.
2019-1-25
Use props
larryc43230
Second Officer
Flight distance : 664534 ft
United States

Eyemann Posted at 1-25 08:52
Hi, I am not getting any error on the app. The video/photo button is grey out.

Something like this happened to me on a flight a couple of months ago. In my case, my Mavic Air refused to take either photos or video during the first flight of the day. I had it set to take photos. When I pressed the button on the right side of the display to take a photo, nothing happened. No error message, no visual feedback from the display (as in the "rotating" effect I would normally see).

I checked all the settings, and everything was normal. I changed to video mode and tried to take a video. Same response: Nothing. No video and no feedback from the app. It simply refused to take photos or video. In case it makes any difference, I always record photos and video to an SD card, which was empty before the flight.

I finished the flight, brought the bird back for a landing, swapped batteries, and began another flight. This time (and for three more flights), everything was back to normal. The drone took photos and video as expected.

I've done dozens of flights and taken hundreds of photos since then, and the problem has never appeared again.

Larry
2019-1-26
Use props
Eyemann
lvl.2

Costa Rica

larryc43230 Posted at 1-26 04:56
Something like this happened to me on a flight a couple of months ago. In my case, my Mavic Air refused to take either photos or video during the first flight of the day. I had it set to take photos. When I pressed the button on the right side of the display to take a photo, nothing happened. No error message, no visual feedback from the display (as in the "rotating" effect I would normally see).

I checked all the settings, and everything was normal. I changed to video mode and tried to take a video. Same response: Nothing. No video and no feedback from the app. It simply refused to take photos or video. In case it makes any difference, I always record photos and video to an SD card, which was empty before the flight.

Hello Larry,

It sounds exactly the same as the problem I had. Glad to hear that it was only a one time issue.

In my case it has happened 2 times and I have not used the drone since then because it´s really windy now.
Could it be a temperature problem? I was flying the drone at the beach of Costa Rica at around 30 °C (86 °F).

Dan
2019-1-26
Use props
larryc43230
Second Officer
Flight distance : 664534 ft
United States

Eyemann Posted at 1-26 08:35
Hello Larry,

It sounds exactly the same as the problem I had. Glad to hear that it was only a one time issue.

At least in my case, I don't think temperature was a factor. It was a rather mild summer day, not really hot and definitely not cold. After I landed the drone and inserted a fresh battery, I was able to fly three more flights (each with its own battery) without the problem occurring again. And as I mentioned in my first post, the drone hasn't acted up that way since then.

The only thing that changed between the first flight (where I couldn't take photos or video) and the following three normal flights was the battery. And I've flown many times since then with the battery that was used for that first flight, so I don't think the battery was faulty.

After I returned home, I looked carefully at the flight logs and I didn't see anything at all unusual, it looked like a perfectly normally flight.

Since I have no idea what caused the glitch, I guess all I can do is hope it doesn't happen again. If it does, hopefully a battery swap will fix it.

Larry
2019-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules