Only 10 meters range with phone?
804 15 2019-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
benvanmassenhov
lvl.2
Belgium

When I connect my smartphone (xiaomi pocophone in Europa) to the spark, I get a "low wifi signal" after 10 a 15 meters distance. I would he happy if I could reach 50 meters like others on youtube. I know the RC is a plus, but if I can spare 150 euros ...

Is 10 - 15 meters distance normal?  I guess not?

2019-2-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. However, Xiomi Pocophone is not fully compatible with Spark. Actually, there is a possibility that it will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with our application we cannot guarantee the stability of the application if this will work all the time while using the specific mobile device. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on our website to avoid any problem. Thank you.

2019-2-6
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

the RC is a must if you want to do serious flying
2019-2-6
Use props
MccloudSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

Yep - well worth the extra $$.  I have never flown mine without the RC so do not know about your range.
2019-2-6
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Like the above posts....  Unless Spark is defective, I would suggest your phone is the problem or WiFi interference. Try with another device to confirm. Even better, buy the RC - if you can afford Spark you should be able to save up for the RC?
Best wishes - good luck.
2019-2-6
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24101106 ft

Spain

Get the remote controller!
Flying the Spark just with the device and especially in CE mode is just plain dangerous!

Flysafely
Alex
2019-2-6
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

got the RC so if ATTi happens u can recover it and u will get a huge range boost
2019-2-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

You should get a RC
2019-2-7
Use props
djiuser_2CK1Pkhq7ao3
New

Canada

Tu devrais atteindre plus de 10 mètres facilement. Peut être que ton problème vient de ton smartphone. Est il récent ? Ou peut être ton smartphone a un problème de Wifi.
2019-2-7
Use props
benvanmassenhov
lvl.2
Belgium

Thnx for your comments. I will try it with my GF her smartphone! And after that I will buy a RC
2019-2-8
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You get
"I get a "low wifi signal" after 10 a 15 meters distance"

or you get
-a low  10 to 15 meters distance-

??

2019-2-8
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You get

or you get
-a low  10 to 15 meters distance-

??

2019-2-8
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

The concept of using just a mobile device with the Spark was for simple selfies. You launch the Spark, frame your shot with your phone/tablet, take picture/video, and land. Hence the inclusion of the hand gesture feature. As suggested you really need the RC to access the true capability of the Spark. The true purpose of WiFi in a mobile device is to gain access to a network wirelessly over a short distance, it was never intended for communication over a great distance. That’s why the antennas in mobile devices are usually just simple passive circuit board traces and not externally mounted efficient antennas. As a kluge fix while you get the funds together for the RC unit you could use a cheap USB WiFi repeater powered from a small USB power bank. I use one of these to extend the range of my Tello and it’s quite effective.

Regards

Nidge.
2019-2-8
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Once I tried to fly without RC. What an awful experience!
It hard to explaine why tDJI had sold it for 700$ as a selfi drone without RC.
2019-2-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

benvanmassenhov Posted at 2-8 05:41
Thnx for your comments. I will try it with my GF her smartphone! And after that I will buy a RC

Hi Benvanmassenhov, sorry for the late reply. Please keep us posted if the issue persists, we're here to help. Thanks for your support.
2019-2-8
Use props
benvanmassenhov
lvl.2
Belgium

S-e-ven Posted at 2-8 06:26
You get

yes this!
2019-2-9
Use props