1099 4 2019-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droning 24/7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

Full flight went fine, no warnings, etc., >50% battery, no wind, maybe my 10th full flight with this new M2ED AC, I was executing a manual landing (<3ft from ground), AC was facing my front stoop approximately 4ft from bottom step landing on the asphalt it just took off from, I was less then 10ft away watching video feed via Samsung S8 on the RC, pulled down on left stick, it started a normal controlled decent, then suddenly shot straight forward (looks like full speed from the video feed) into the rock step and crashed...........

I own 3-M2's, 2-MPP's, 1-MA, 1-Spark, 1-Tello and a EVO and fly enough to be confident (not over but, seasoned) this wasn't me/my mistake, I don't (didn't) just spazzed out and use the wrong stick.....This was the AC that spazzed out, not a happy camper as I have NEVER crashed any of my AC's and this thing just took off by itself into a rock stoop during its controlled SW initiated landing............  

The 3 steps on the stoop have a small iron railing that has never caused any of my AC's a problem (mag/compass error) in the past, it wasn't compass error to the best of my belief else I would have a mag/compass error when taking off, esp with all the other AC's that have launched/landed in exact same place.

I repeated my same steps exactly after replacing broken props and cooling off some and it landed perfect....same spot.

Not happy!!  

2019-2-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Droning 24/7, we're sorry to read the crash. Just to verify, is there any error message in App or obvious damage on the drone? If yes and the unit is under warranty period, we'll arrange data analysis and offer you a proper solution: https://www.dji.com/support
2019-2-7
Use props
Droning 24/7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No error messages came up during the main flight and I don't recall seeing any as it crashed. After reviewing the flight log/history 3 or 4 times just now, there are no error messages in there either!

The recorded flight path shows where it bolted forward and no messages, just me on the right stick pulling back on it as it lunges forward and bounces off the rock steps.........

Yes, of course it was damaged, it hit and bounced off a rock stoop, as far as I can see, one of the motor cups is dinged up and there are scratches on it now and there are broke/chiped props.

The way it took off by itself after 10 or so no fault full flights and the problem isn't repeatable is a bit disconcerting to say the least......The MA had a few jumping around bugs, but the way this bolted forward was a bit wicked as I never experienced anything like this with your products.

2019-2-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Droning 24/7 Posted at 2-7 19:19
No error messages came up during the main flight and I don't recall seeing any as it crashed. After reviewing the flight log/history 3 or 4 times just now, there are no error messages in there either!

The recorded flight path shows where it bolted forward and no messages, just me on the right stick pulling back on it as it lunges forward and bounces off the rock steps.........

Hi there, sorry to read that, I suggest contacting our Product Support for us to create a repair ticket. We can arrange data analysis if the aircraft is still under warranty. Thank you.
2019-2-8
Use props
Droning 24/7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Okay and if you can perhaps help with an additional question?, I made a short flight today and as I just flew the M2ED back close enough to myself after being some distance away, I noticed the AC's LEDs (the Red/Green on the arms) weren't flashing and weren't red and green like they normally are, they were all red and on solid.

I immediately  landed under my usual manual landing control, there were  NO in-flight on screen errors that i saw during the flight  BUT,  just as the props spun down as it was landing, the screen showed   "cannot take off". I took the following  screen shot, see below....

Any idea's  where or how I go about checking this  "Navigation system error status"?  

I didn't see this or any errors yesterday when it crashed itself, HOWEVER, this might relate with the crash yesterday........
2019-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules