Battery Compartment Crack
1891 12 2019-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SRQ-FL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69639 ft
United States

Just noticed a crack on where the battery latches on the drone - Mavic Pro 1.5 year old about 100 uses. Never crashed. (See photo below)

DSC02657.jpg

I have seen others on Google reporting the same stress crack in the same area.
Does DJI fix this outside of the one year warrenty?
Can I buy the drone's top shell and replace it myself?
Any suggestions or recomendations to get this drone fixed?
dji_cp_bx_00000005_01_crystalsky_part5_mavic_spark_remote_1504273000000_1357041.jpg
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day SRQ-FL. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the battery compartment of your DJI Mavic Pro. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. Since this issue occurred. The best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for us to help you further. Thank you.

2019-2-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Any of your batteries show signs of swelling?
2019-2-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s a tricky one, I had a Mavic Pro. Replaced outside of warranty for bulging bonnet, it was 50 days out of warranty but was a reported problem, so maybe worth a try.
2019-2-12
Use props
SRQ-FL
lvl.2
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-12 09:32
Any of your batteries show signs of swelling?

No do not have any swelling batteries.

Talking about batteries, I still use the original battery that came w/drone (1.5 yrs ~ 50 charges). I have also 2 spare batteries bought from BestBuy (about same age and ~ 40 charges) that bought will not charge. Same firmware, same age, same duty cycle, same usage conditions, but the ones from BestBuy did not last very long. Seems like QA issue with battery production. Original battery that came with drone still going strong.
2019-2-12
Use props
SRQ-FL
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-12 10:33
It’s a tricky one, I had a Mavic Pro. Replaced outside of warranty for bulging bonnet, it was 50 days out of warranty but was a reported problem, so maybe worth a try.

My drone is 6 months out of warranty. Communicated w/DJI support about issue. I have to ship in the drone (free shipping) but have to pay for parts & labor. Declined. I am trying to see if I can just buy the part (drone's top casing). They seem to be reluctant to sell just the parts, but they are looking into it. Will keep you posted on outcome.

Any suggestions continue to be welcome. Maybe buy the parts elsewhere. (any one parting out a drone for parts)

In the meantime, I will have to dig out my old DJI Phantom Vision to use for work until this gets sorted out.
2019-2-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

SRQ-FL Posted at 2-12 13:09
My drone is 6 months out of warranty. Communicated w/DJI support about issue. I have to ship in the drone (free shipping) but have to pay for parts & labor. Declined. I am trying to see if I can just buy the part (drone's top casing). They seem to be reluctant to sell just the parts, but they are looking into it. Will keep you posted on outcome.

Any suggestions continue to be welcome. Maybe buy the parts elsewhere. (any one parting out a drone for parts)

Only thing I can help you with plastic body parts are cheap the should be able to quote for this, then just add the usual I see on every repair docket Labour $65 , if that’s your only problem I think somewhere between $100\$150 should cover it .
2019-2-12
Use props
ajrulez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 563730 ft
United States

I have a same crack but it is due to free fall from 12th floor.
2019-2-18
Use props
SRQ-FL
lvl.2
United States

ajrulez Posted at 2-18 22:14
I have a same crack but it is due to free fall from 12th floor.

ajrulez - How did you or are you going to fix the crack?
2019-2-19
Use props
SRQ-FL
lvl.2
United States

It has been one week since contacted DJI about purchasing the broken drone part. DJI asked for additional photos which I sent, provided all additional requested information...  DJI estimated the part to cost $4 to $11. All my communication w/DJI on this issue was done via the online  technical support. Last thing they said that they will get back w/me on status in 1 to 2 days... (Still waiting one week later).

Quote from DJI:
"Yes, I will now send the information you provided to our dedicated team for these to be checked further. You will hear back from us via email once an update is available within 24 to 48 hours."

DJI, if you are reading this forum, please respond to this issue. It should not be this difficult to purchase drone parts.
2019-2-19
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Sorry to see that the top frame is cracked. Here is a replacement one for about $16.

banggood
2019-2-19
Use props
ajrulez
lvl.4
United States

SRQ-FL Posted at 2-19 05:45

No I still have it in my MP. I am flying MP2
2019-2-19
Use props
ajrulez
lvl.4
United States

SRQ-FL Posted at 2-19 05:45

No I still have it in my MP. I am flying MP2
2019-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules