1088 13 2019-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Banjo Norfolk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49921 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All ,

Just reading a post about filters and was wondering what ND / ND PL filter would suit the sea and beach for videoing ? , I live in Norfolk , UK and a complete beginner ,

If it's sunny do I use an ND or ND PL filter and if so what number ,  It may be obvious to most but I have'nt a clue ,

Also once I've shot a video with the filter attached , do I have to process the MP4 in software ?

Thanks

Mavic 2 Zoom
2019-2-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14312858 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use polar pro cinema series vivid ND/PL filters - perfect for flying over large bodies of water
2019-2-28
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

If it's sunny you might need a 16 or 32, especially on sandy, bright beaches.
2019-3-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Polar pro also has an app that you can download from, the App Store and this will guide you as to which filter is best for lighting conditions you are recording in.
2019-3-1
Use props
Banjo Norfolk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

saviour Posted at 3-1 00:03
If it's sunny you might need a 16 or 32, especially on sandy, bright beaches.

Thats helped a lot , thanks
2019-3-1
Use props
Banjo Norfolk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 3-1 00:07
Polar pro also has an app that you can download from, the App Store and this will guide you as to which filter is best for lighting conditions you are recording in.

Thanks A CW , I downloaded it but not totally sure how to use it , many thanks
2019-3-1
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

Banjo Norfolk Posted at 3-1 18:27

If you don't know how to use it think it as maths.

Let's say you fly on a beach and have a 1/1600s shutter speed. If you shoot in 25 FPS you want a shutter speed of 1/50. To get to there, you need ND filters. ND filters only let 1/X (where X is the number your ND Filter has) of the light through.

If you divide 1600 by 50 (coming from the 1/1600s shutter speed and you want 1/50s), you get the number 32. That means you need a ND 32 filter, and so on.
2019-3-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Billy Kyle has done a great tutorial on using it. Check out his youtube channel and it's amongst his list of many vids.
2019-3-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Banjo Norfolk. Thank you for the inquiry. The filters that would suit the sea and beach for videoing would be an ND 16 or an ND 32 filter. I will be posting a link where in you can check the overview and the specifications of the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom ND Filters Set. If you have any other concerns or inquiries. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... t-v2&position=0

2019-3-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

This help me
2019-3-2
Use props
Banjo Norfolk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Brilliant , thanks so much for the info guys , I totally get it now , I also learned that an ND is'nt the same as PL ,

So I should be looking at 16 and 32 , I'm guessing Polar Pro or DJI's own filters ? ,

Again thanks so much ,
2019-3-2
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

Banjo Norfolk Posted at 3-2 09:05
Brilliant , thanks so much for the info guys , I totally get it now , I also learned that an ND is'nt the same as PL ,

So I should be looking at 16 and 32 , I'm guessing Polar Pro or DJI's own filters ? ,

I recommend the Skyreat filters. They're cheaper than the premium brand but still have a very high quality (if not the sameas PolarPro)
2019-3-2
Use props
Banjo Norfolk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

saviour Posted at 3-2 23:29
I recommend the Skyreat filters. They're cheaper than the premium brand but still have a very high quality (if not the sameas PolarPro)

Thanks Saviour

I did look at the Skyreat and their cheaper than polar pro but by very little , unless I was looking in the wrong place ,
The set I'd ideally like is 8 , 16 , 32 so I'll probably buy them separately  ,

Really appreciate the help
2019-3-3
Use props
PolarPro_Brendan
lvl.2

United States

Hi Banjo, Thanks for downloading the PolarPro App! Here is a quick video overview of how to use it:
2019-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules