Battery Problems
3321 15 2014-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
philipp4000
New

Honduras

when my battery reaches 50% the low battery indicator starts blinking and the DJI starts to descend. Someone i know had the same problem but updated the battery firmware and issue is resolved. when updating DJI firmware everything goes fine, but there is no update available for battery. Still stuck on v1.6. Used the assistant version 3.6
i have 2 batteries and both with the same issue.
2014-11-10
Use props
csiami
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23711 ft
United States

Uninstall your 3.6 app completely.  Reinstall it again.  Make sure you perform the power off sequence properly.  That seemed to work for me.  Upgraded all 5 batteries no problem.
2014-11-10
Use props
philipp4000
New

Honduras

thanks.. will try that and let you know.
2014-11-10
Use props
philipp4000
New

Honduras

will it still work if my battery is firmware v1.6?
2014-11-10
Use props
philipp4000
New

Honduras

Tried removing the installer and installing again. Still the same issue. There is nothing beside the battery firmware column.
2014-11-10
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

philipp4000 Posted at 2014-11-11 09:35
Tried removing the installer and installing again. Still the same issue. There is nothing beside the ...

Hi Philipp4000,

have you tried to clean up the probes (the yellow needles) in the battery compartment? Because any dust would make its contact with battery abnormal.
2014-11-10
Use props
drone7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51998 ft
United States

DJI-Jolie Posted at 2014-11-11 15:23
Hi Philipp4000,

have you tried to clean up the probes (the yellow needles) in the battery compart ...

I have the same issue before. I have the Phantom assistant 3.2v and even upgrading to 3.6v battery still won't upgrade to 2.6v. I uninstalled the 3.2v and re-installed the new 3.6 v and it solved the problem. The post above is right.
2014-11-11
Use props
lizzardblizzard
New

Trinidad and Tobago

I am having a problem. I bought a new battery for my phantom vision2 and its saying invalid battery. then I placed my battery that came with the phantom and its saying invalid battery as well. What can I do?"
2014-11-11
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

drone7 Posted at 2014-11-11 21:38
I have the same issue before. I have the Phantom assistant 3.2v and even upgrading to 3.6v battery ...

Great to hear that the problem is solved!
2014-11-11
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

lizzardblizzard Posted at 2014-11-12 07:24
I am having a problem. I bought a new battery for my phantom vision2 and its saying invalid battery. ...

Hi Lizzardblizzard,

first, pls make sure that the probes in your battery compartment is clean without dust. Then pls try to update all firmwares available (including the battery).
2014-11-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

DJI-Jolie Posted at 2014-11-12 09:04
Hi Lizzardblizzard,

first, pls make sure that the probes in your battery compartment is clean wit ...

Also, check the 2 small push pins at the bottom of the plug are not stuck in or missing.  I had one pin come out and all my batteries said "not intelligent batteries".  I replaced the plug and everything good now.
2014-11-11
Use props
cgn2015
lvl.1

United States

Unfortunately I have gone over a month or so without operating my drone and not charging the battery. Yesterday when I tried to charge the battery it would not hold a charge. Is this an easy fix by leaving it plugged in long enough or am I looking at a new battery? It's a standard battery for the Phantom II plus system.
2016-1-3
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

not heard of a problem by leaving a battery uncharged, unless it was possibly completely dead/depleted/died totallty which could cause cell damage,
Are you sure the battery was not fully charged when you left it a month ago, the battery will not show any activity or charging status if fully charged and if you plug the charger into it when fully charged? Try it in the Phantom and see,
on that note, if you did leave it fully charged, be very wary of the battery not draining quicker or showing other signs of issue as i do have one which i left fully charged for a long period and it now gives me warnings at around 30% that i would not normally get until about 20% and i have confirmed it is the same battery as i have flown it several times recently and only the one of the two have the issue.
Otherwise, new battery time....
2016-1-3
Use props
cgn2015
lvl.1

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-3 13:05
not heard of a problem by leaving a battery uncharged, unless it was possibly completely dead/deplet ...

Wow...I've been away from my drone too long! The battery was fine and just as you suggested that it may have been fully charged which it was....thanks!
2016-1-3
Use props
dCon0ne
lvl.2

United States

cgn2015,  
           I read a post that talks about the P2 battery not charging.  And the FIX was to , Turn the Battery on, as if it was in the Phantom.  Then plug it into thee Charger and let it charge.
2016-1-3
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

cgn2015 Posted at 2016-1-4 09:50
Wow...I've been away from my drone too long! The battery was fine and just as you suggested that i ...

Be sure to keep an eye on it as it may appear to be good and it may run down prematurely.

Glad to hear you got it sorted..happy flyingg..I just finished 40 minutes of whizzing around!
2016-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules