anyone know what an ultrasonic system error is due to and do I need to send in
1939 8 2015-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnkneedee
lvl.1

United States

I was up and flying nicely when a warning box showed up saying I have an ultrasonic system error and land immediately. and as I was coming in another warning
flashed saying I had a compass error on top of that !!  Anybody know anything about this stuff?  I've contacted support but haven't received an answer as of yet.
I wonder if'n I'm gonna have to send it back ..... or if they'll even offer to fix it. I've got like 5 hours on it and no crashes or issues other than that.
2015-6-6
Use props
FlyGirl
lvl.3

United States

WOW !!

I think you may have a new one!!   Never heard of it.
Good Luck with that.

BBB

2015-6-6
Use props
jrlink
lvl.2

United States

I am having the same issue DJI gave me an RA Number to get it repaired. I think its firmware if you send it in it will take 6 weeks turn off vps and wait a week see if it in fact firmware update. Get the RA from DJI now report the issue and get it ready to send in. If the update firmware then no need to send in.
2015-6-18
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

A lot of people are experiencing this issue after installing the latest firmware update. It's best to disable VPS until it's fixed in a firmware release.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-18
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-18
Use props
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2015-6-19 02:19
When a Phantom goes in for repairs, is the repair facility in the US?

I believe it's in China... Cause why would they make you wait 6 weeks? if you live in the U.S. And there is a U.S. Repair Center i think it would be faster... Idk
2015-6-18
Use props
devdavi
lvl.1

United States

Seems like a VPS issue according to other users on the forums. Turning off VPS seems to be a solution that might work. You could also try updating the firmware to 1.2.8. I've updated mine from 1.2.7 and everything seems dandy on my first flight.
2015-6-18
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

devdavi Posted at 2015-6-19 05:51
Seems like a VPS issue according to other users on the forums. Turning off VPS seems to be a solutio ...

Yes turn off vps update and recalibrate everything, have you calibrated your compass and everything else?
2015-6-18
Use props
jrlink
lvl.2

United States

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2015-6-19 02:19
When a Phantom goes in for repairs, is the repair facility in the US?

Call LA for RA its sent to LA
2015-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules