Black Screen Contagion
1357 8 2015-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nubi
lvl.1

Canada

I have a Phantom 2 Vision + Camera works fine manually and Phantom flies under manual control.

But Gee, I have a case of Black Screen as well, but kind of thought that the Range Extender was ok because I can see the Range Extender icon and the Range Extender Battery level on my iPod but no Video or flight data from the Phantom sooooo was thinking that the trouble was the module ( WiFi ) inside of the Phantom.

Am I out in left field in this?    Thanks.
2015-6-6
Use props
BazzaVMC
lvl.2

Australia

Is there actually any video or photos on the SD card? If so, it may be possible that your preview quality settings are too high?

Try 320x240 15fps and see if that makes a difference..
2015-6-6
Use props
nubi
lvl.1

Canada

BazzaVMC Posted at 2015-6-7 07:12
Is there actually any video or photos on the SD card? If so, it may be possible that your preview qu ...

Yes there are a number of videos on the card taken by turning the camera on manually prior to takeoff .... also checked into the preview setting and the 320X240 15 fps is checked on.  I am hoping that someone that knows all the "players" in the FPV process and will be able to direct me as to the getting rid of the Black screen.  Not sure as to what is all involved in taking off the top plastic shell of the "bird".
2015-6-6
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Do you have blue tooth enable. If you do turn it off and try. Some users reported this issue.
2015-6-6
Use props
nubi
lvl.1

Canada

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-6-7 10:10
Do you have blue tooth enable. If you do turn it off and try. Some users reported this issue.

No difference when Bluetooth is ON or OFF ... screen remains dark and sez that it can not connect to the Phantom.
2015-6-6
Use props
vladimirhuda
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1673835 ft
Czechia

I have the same problem!
Here is a list of what I have tried, but nothing worked:
- video feed resolution change (NO WORKS)
- restarting drone, extender, app (NO WORKS)
- flight mode on smartphone with only wifi working (NO WORKS)
- deleting and reinstaling DJI app in smartphone (NO WORKS)
- reseting of extender and rebinding of camera (NO WORKS)
- using Asus Trnsformer tablet instead of my S5 (NO WORKS)

Today I dropped my bidr to my dealer and they will test it. So I will see.
It is wery frustrating issue which desperately degrades pretty good drone. So I will see.
V.

2015-6-8
Use props
vladimirhuda
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1673835 ft
Czechia

vladimirhuda@gm Posted at 2015-6-9 01:00
I have the same problem!
Here is a list of what I have tried, but nothing worked:
- video feed resol ...

The result: onboard wifi extender is overheating. Phantom was sent to service center.
2015-6-18
Use props
nubi
lvl.1

Canada

vladimirhuda@gm Posted at 2015-6-18 22:24
The result: onboard wifi extender is overheating. Phantom was sent to service center.

The real question here is WHY! ... Why is the extender overheating ?  What changes in 3.08 are causing the components to overheat.   COME'ON DJI Reps ...... Let's here you opine on that
2015-6-26
Use props
zathis
lvl.2

Canada

nubi Posted at 2015-6-27 09:04
The real question here is WHY! ... Why is the extender overheating ?  What changes in 3.08 are cau ...

It is the WiFi module, not the extender that is overheating.  This is a design flaw that DJI is well aware of as they redesigned the module in the Phantom 2 Vision+ ver 3.  Better cooling and shielding in that model.
2015-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules