1092 5 2019-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm just curious How many are or have started seeing an increase in your batteries swelling?

3 out of 6 are swelling and I keep them charged down when not actively flying.  

Some of them I got from eBay with only 4 charges others from Amazon over a year ago.  

I normally fly them down to 40% then replace for next flight.

Seems like a waste of $$$
2019-4-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day noflyzone69. I am sorry to know about this trouble and thank you for reaching out. Battery swelling is basically caused by to much heat, vast changes in temperature and/or moisture getting into the battery itself. Batteries should be stored at a constant temperature of around 20 to 25c when not in use and kept away from direct sunlight, damp, water etc. In addition please do not fly your drone with swollen batteries this might lead to an accident during the flight. I will also post a link where in you can check the DJI Phantom 4 series Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y+Guidelines+En.pdf

2019-4-19
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have 4 high capacity batteries.  Of these 4 batteries, 2 have swelled on me this year.  One of these swollen batteries was 18 months old.  The second failure was at 26 months.  The two remaining batteries are still running fine at about 20 months.  Batteries are a wear item and are expected to eventually fail.  If you are getting 18 months or more out of a battery then you are doing well.
Don
2019-4-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MIne are ok so far (touch wood)they are between 18 months at 24 years old, so at your limit now, i have 4 P4P batteries and keep them at the max charge  about 50% of the year on and off, when i remember i will press the button to reset the 10 day countdown, thats just me though, ymmv....
2019-4-19
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Are the ones that swell OEM?
2019-4-19
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 4-19 16:12
Are the ones that swell OEM?

My two swollen batteries are OEM.  One of the swollen batteries came with the P4P.  That one lasted 26 months.  The one that lasted 18 months came from B&H.  Nothing wrong with B&H as a supplier.  I think there is enough manufacturing variances that results in some batteries longer than others.

Don
2019-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules