Help for newbie, blades in picuture
1614 4 2014-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chadmuskoka27
New

Canada

Hi everyone,
Thanks to everyone who posts here, it has been a great help for a newbie. Things are going very well so far except today after updating my all firmware I now can see the propellers in all of my shots and when I turn either way I can see the front landing gear briefly. I also switched my GoPro to narrow view so that the horizon wouldn't be so arced. Can someone help me with maybe a gimbal adjustment? Or is narrow view no good. If not any tips on how to not make the horizon an arc?

Thanks!!!!
Dan
2014-11-11
Use props
f.nilsen
New

Norway

I'm a Newbie myself but the arc will be gone if you set the GoPro on the horizon and do not tilt it up or down.
Try YouTube, I remember seeing a guy (who cant hear) giving some tip on the subject you are asking about.
F.
2014-11-11
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

f.nilsen@mac.co Posted at 2014-11-12 06:55
I'm a Newbie myself but the arc will be gone if you set the GoPro on the horizon and do not tilt it  ...

Have you tried taking the blades off?

There's a cover available or make-able that stops the horizontal lines from blades and sunshine, this isn't your issue, but thought id throw it in there.....

Gimbal settings and setup, that is all that is required,  set your limits and yes, you will have blades in picture if you want that particular view.....
2014-11-16
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

There are essentially 4 things you can do about propellers showing up in the shot.

Set the camera to a reduced FOV.  You mentioned using Narrow, and while that works, it does have a little less quality (uses less of the camera's sensor).  Medium is a good compromise.

Set the camera to a larger recording mode, and crop the shot later.  1440 and 2.7K can be cropped without up-scaling, to produce full 1080.

You can fly backwards and go easy on the sticks.  Not ideal, but useful techniques.

Obviously, you can also aim the camera down, but that does have the side effect of arching the horizon.

Shooting in a larger size format and cropping later also allows something that is otherwise impossible with a GoPro -- Have a straight line remain straight while not centered in the frame.
2014-11-16
Use props
humboldt710
lvl.2

United States

^^^ This exactly. I usually shoot in 2.7k then crop out what I don't want. (i.e. landing gear, props)
2014-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules