100731 201 2015-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TossinHoss
lvl.1
Flight distance : 191873 ft
United States

Well, here it is.....
"The reason for replacing your unit with a new unit was on the account of it being defective overall. "
"You should receive a tracking number within 1-2 business days."
Sent it in on July 30. Three days ago they communicated that it was being replaced for my convenience. I had to send back to try and ask for a tracking number and thought I'd ask what was wrong with it.....an FYI if you will... Looking forward to flying the P3P again even if it's new. Heck the one I sent back was new!
2015-9-18
Use props
Geoff Charters
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17362 ft
Australia

Phantom_Film Posted at 2015-9-15 00:03
Hi Geoff.

I am in a simullar situation. But after 2 months of no signal issues, even if i can do  ...

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am going to have to get a second drone for issues like this. Lost a big job this week because of this issue. cheers. Geoff
2015-9-18
Use props
TossinHoss
lvl.1
United States

Wow, that fast? They are really organized I guess.... Not!
2015-9-18
Use props
Geoff Charters
lvl.1
Australia

Phantom_Film Posted at 2015-9-15 00:03
Hi Geoff.

I am in a simullar situation. But after 2 months of no signal issues, even if i can do  ...

Thanks mate. You are right. A second drone is needed now for my business.
2015-9-19
Use props
shawn.byrley
New

United States

culbyj@aol.com Posted at 2015-9-11 20:33
Just out of curiosity I have a P3Standard  and Mine worked well for 3 flites and the the video stopp ...

I have the Pro model and it is doing the same. It takes pics and videos but to see them I have to remove the SD card view them from my PC.
2015-9-21
Use props
TossinHoss
lvl.1
United States

Just got the replacement today. Two days shy of two month turnaround. Now to see if it works. When I opened the box the gimbal securing device was all jacked up and  looks to have rubbed against the cable....great! Also, it does not have the new motors so many m not sure if it is actually new. I also need to check the firmware version. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...
2015-9-28
Use props
tbendel
New

Canada

kill1308 Posted at 2015-6-7 12:57
Forgot to mention, I did search the forum beforehand, but all similar posts seem to be related to th ...

Hi there. Funny thing is I had this issue last night with my Phantom 3 Standard and I found that I had to shut down the app and restart it, then re-connect the WiFi. I found it was the WiFi between my drone and my tablet. Tonight now I can only fly like 400 feet and I am loosing signal. Weak then no signal and the drone comes back and lands. Don't know what is happening there.
2015-9-28
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

scott.harper4@g Posted at 2015-7-24 12:41
I can't help but wonder if you're turning on the equipment in an order that allows the device to rec ...

Confusing . What is thé délice ?
2015-9-29
Use props
rolexian
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same issue...
2015-10-4
Use props
petebike
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4705 ft
Colombia

I have the same problem, DJI does not answer, you have the solution ???
2015-10-5
Use props
petebike
lvl.1
Colombia

nom989 Posted at 2015-8-5 03:53
I had exactly the same when trying to upgrade. But finally I was able to upgrade to the latest fir ...

2015-10-5
Use props
petebike
lvl.1
Colombia

isaacchu Posted at 2015-8-2 01:00
https://youtu.be/9D1PN7o8gxE

Changing cable, iphone, sd card will not fix the problem. As what is s ...

2015-10-5
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

I just got an e-mail that my P3P unit is received.
Lets hope soon the NO SIGNAL is in the past and forgotten !!!

I believe if nothing of the known solutions worked for you, it may be a hardware problem. And i am sure DJI is well aware of what is going on with this no signal thing...
Maybe there are many defective units, and instead of recalling all units for replacement or service (like cars), they leave it up to us to decide,  and if someone wants to take action and send it back, he will have a fixed or new craft.

That being said, i am happy of my communication with DJI, on this issue !!! They are improved ! But i am not happy overall, because out of my 3 phantoms i flown till now, only one worked fine. I had nothing but problems with a friend's p2 V2 , and the P3P. Funny, the issue was the same, video downlink.
Maybe i am unlucky, but it keeps hunting me haha !!!!
2015-10-5
Use props
angelpilot4u
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199826 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Hi guys ... This is what I found out ... The problem comes from the remote and its update, I have rebinded the P3 with a remote from another aircraft that was working fine and the video also came back.  I have also tried to replace the USB board with a 300A remote, the one with the texas instrument chip from a non updated remote and that also worked . It seems clear that the problem comes from the updated remote. My feeling is that happens when you update to 1.4 without updating first through 1.3.2.  The BIN file for 1.3.2 is much larger than 1.4 so I assume its more complete and includes the remote update where the 1.4 does not. DJI lets us downgrade the P3 but I did not find any info on how to downgrade the RC. Only the 300A can be upgraded through its USB port the 300B doesn't do that it only updates through the app. DJI is changing the way it updates the P3 from the MicroSD to the App, the standard is like that, you update only though the app. I think downgrading the aircraft does not downgrade the RC, so we are stuck between the cracks and have to wait for a new complete firmware.
2015-10-9
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

Hi.
I have done all the updates as i should have. From 1.18, to 1.19 and to 1.2.6. The video loss came after 1.2.6 on June. After that i upgraded everything to 1.3.2 and then the craft to 1.4.1.Seems that with every update, the problem got worst.

I dont know if it is the radio that causes the video loss, i will soon know (i hope) after i get it back from repair.

Roi
2015-10-9
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

angelpilot4u@gm Posted at 2015-10-9 17:05
Hi guys ... This is what I found out ... The problem comes the remote and its update, I have rebinde ...

Angel,

That actually makes some sense and may be why changing firmware on the bird and trying multiple FPV devices (I have the problem with Nvidia Shield, Samsung Tab 4 and the iPad Mini) doesn't change anything. I hadn't even considered the RC at this point. In my case, I was on the developers version in June and never made the jump from 1.1.9 to 1.2.6. When 1.4.1 came out and the third party developers started saying we could use 1.4.1 with them, I decided to do the updates. However, in my case, I went from the developers version to 1.3.2 on both the bird and the RC successfully prior to updating to 1.4.1. I never flew the bird with 1.2.6 or 1.3.2 so I didn't see the issue until I tried to fly with 1.4.1. I think you are on the right track regarding the RC. That's the only thing that makes any sense to me. I've certainly tried every other possible scenario. I don't know if you are following my other thread regarding this issue. Long story short, I flew 4 batteries today without any significant signal loss. First time in over a month.

Jerry
2015-10-9
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

Well, i quess we are the NO SIGNAL community !!!

No signal !!!

No signal !!!
2015-10-9
Use props
rolexian
lvl.1

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-10-9 18:09
Angel,

That actually makes some sense and may be why changing firmware on the bird and trying mul ...

I think that this is exactly what the problem is. This is what I did; I updated the remote through the app so it did not go to 1.3.2 first.
2015-10-9
Use props
angelpilot4u
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199826 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

I have tried to replace the USB board with a HDMI one, curiously the version of the RC came down, and the app suggested that I upgrade the RC again; I thought I was out of the woods only to find out after upgrading that the problem remained. I think the only cure is to find a way to downgrade the remote to a previous complete firmware. I have not figured out on how to do that, downgrading the bird does not downgrade the remote.

I love the tee-shirt we should put it in the box when we send the phantom back to DJI, if they have any sense of humor they will send another T-shirt with a signal sign functioning along with the fixed bird.

Jerry I looked for your other threads but didn't find them.  :-(
2015-10-9
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

angelpilot4u@gm Posted at 2015-10-10 00:01
I have tried to replace the USB board with a HDMI one, curiously the version of the RC came down, an ...

Angel,

It's a long and scrambled one:  http://forum.dji.com/thread-31867-1-1.html

Jerry
2015-10-10
Use props
alex.katrycs.te
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21611 ft

Austria

But the solution for the Problem is simple: I found out it has to do with the embedded Video in the latest DJI Go App. What I do is: I leave the App on my tablet by pressing the HOME button (to Desktop). Then reenter it with the MENU button and immediatly the Signal is back. On my new Android "E" it remains as Long as I do not restart my app. In this case I have to leave it one time and it works. Can DJI fix this please?
2015-10-10
Use props
rolexian
lvl.1

United States

alex.katrycs.te Posted at 2015-10-10 15:33
But the solution for the Problem is simple: I found out it has to do with the embedded Video in the  ...

No success for me
2015-10-11
Use props
cob666
lvl.2

Canada

rdc44444@hotmai Posted at 2015-7-10 23:20
I also had the dreaded red no signal of death for the first time after 54 flights. It Has only occur ...

'red no signal of death' ?

Just a little hyperbolic.
2015-10-16
Use props
Geoff Charters
lvl.1
Australia

george.ves Posted at 2015-7-24 20:53
So it would seem that the issue is in the cables as pointed out in this thread. My question is this  ...

Hi. Yes I had the same issues. Was under warranty. Sent it back to DJI. Got it back in three weeks all fixed and good to go with a report. They also fixed some other things like replaced new UV lens,new legs wharped from  a crash and a few other things. So very happy with DJI.
2015-10-26
Use props
kenneth
lvl.1

United States

isaacchu Posted at 2015-8-2 00:00
https://youtu.be/9D1PN7o8gxE

I found that if I switch it back to video mode - not picture mode and then shut it off and turn it back on the  live video feature will work again. The issue started for me when I tried to go to picture mode. Now I just don't switch it to picture mode and it works fine.... just my two cents worth.
2015-11-8
Use props
agpilot42
New

United States

Just joined the " No signal" club lol I have tried everything I have read here and two DJI techs. Looks like I'll be sending my Advanced in.                                                                               Kind of a bummer since it started one week to the day I received it.
2015-11-10
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

I was having the same issue, video loss during flight...I did a "cold" calibration of the IMU and added the 32 channel config file and now I've flown thru 3 batteries with NO loss of video.  
2015-11-10
Use props
ta5a
New
Turkey

isaacchu Posted at 2015-8-2 08:00

I went through the same attempts as you did. I finally ended up with a temporary solution to the "No Video Signal" problem. When you start the Phantom 3 Pro it is cold and you get the video signal fine.
You turn  off the Phantom 3 and the RC and then turn it on, no video signal. Wait for half an hour to let the video transmitter cool down, then turn the system on I get the video signal. It seems like  it  is a hardware mulfunction. The tiny fan they provided does not help. They were aware of the problem to start with. They need to reduce the transmitter power through FW in order to alleviate the heat  problem which leads to no signal problem. Greetings.
2015-11-16
Use props
calgreen
New

United States

My neighbor and I each bought identical PH3 Standards two days ago.  I have flown my PH3 twice with no problems using my iPad & WiFi.  My neighbor attempted to use his Android phone & WiFi and everything looked good-INCLUDING camera video.  However, he was still receiving the red "NO SIGNAL" indication. We connected to his aircraft and RC with my iPad, and had NO trouble.  Tried this several times with the same results. With iPad OK.  With Android app, NO SIGNAL.  Does anyone know exactly what triggers the "NO SIGNAL" alarm to appear?  Exactly what signal is missing?  Now, I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop with my iPad monitored aircraft!!
2015-11-16
Use props
rnortiz
New

Nicaragua

So has anyone found a solution for the no signal issue?  Brand new out of the box, updated firmware to 1.5 on both firmware and RC.  Both on Iphone and Samsumg 6.

2015-12-7
Use props
crodit
lvl.1
Singapore

Same case here , I've updated the latest firmware and join to the club of 'NO SIGNAL ..

Apps      version :  2.4.2
Aircraft   version:  1.5.30
RC         version:   1.5.70

DJI have to solve this problem immediately.. (
2015-12-8
Use props
bila_george83
New
Romania

I have the exact problem with my Phantom 3 Advanced after I updated FW to 1.3.20 and DJI GO app 2.0. I did't had this type of PROBLEM when used the FW 1.2.8. First time the problem appeared in the air when flying: NO SIGNAL message, with no GPS, HD or RC bars available for maybe 5 sec.; after that the SAFE TO FLY appeared with no problems after that. I used also the second battery with no problems.

The day after, when connecting, "surprise":  NO SIGNAL directly when to start the copter. I try to close the app, open it again but with no chance; after that i decided to clear video cache and reinstall the DJI GO app from AppStore. First time when opened the app, the same problem but after 10 secs, instantly, the green message appeared and took off with the 2 batteries with no problem.

DJIIIIIIIIII, what seems to be the problem??????
2015-12-15
Use props
c-dog
New

United States

I am having the exact same problem as everyone in this forum. Has anyone found a solution yet? It seems that this problem has gone on too long, and DJI needs to get their act together if they want to be a successful drone business. Any one of us could make drones just as good, and probably with BETTER customer service, but that is why we pay good money for these drones so we don't have to do this. I have LITERALLY tried everything that everyone has said, and I believe it is the upgrade in the Remote Controller. DJI says that you can downgrade the firmware, but surprise surprise, they give us no input on how to do this. I am wondering if this is even possible at all.

Just this morning I, and I am sure all of you, have received an e-mail saying how to update the firmware. This is just a link to a thread where people are having tons of problems. I am EXTREMELY disappointed in the customer experience I receive from DJI.

Thank you all for your help, and I hope we, if DJI can't do it for us, figure out a problem to this mess.

2016-1-1
Use props
gavin_dji.phrog
lvl.1
United States

Data point: received my P3P for Christmas (thanks, wife!). Upgraded all firmware. Everything worked great for about 5 flights. Then I flew it into a tree. (ProTip: flying up a mountain with the camera pointed straight down makes it hard to rise at the correct rate to avoid big trees that you don't see coming.)

It crashed out of the top of the tree into snow (thankfully ending upside down, with camera mostly out of the snow). After that crash I am experiencing this issue. This on its own would lead me to believe that it's a physical camera connection issue.

However, *immediately* after it crashed I retrieved it with the  video working fine. Carried it to clear spot, tried to power up the motors…app kept complaining that the motors were obstructed. All this time I had video signal on the tablet. Then I rebooted the copter (battery power off, power on). At THIS point I got the No Signal problem. This leads me to believe that it's software-related. There was no physical change between it working and then not working, other than rebooting the copter.

I'm going to experiment with various reboots now, and inspect physical cables, but thought I'd share my data points.

Edit: pulled the flight battery and let everything sit and dry a few hours. Pulled the SD card (not because I'm smart, but because I needed to download the video). First boot it started with "No signal" for about 5 seconds and then I got signal from the camera. Will see if it still works when I put the SD card back in.

2016-1-9
Use props
z5.zonefive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24298 ft
United States

I must admit some of the tech info in this thread is great, but my question is.  Has everyone decided that as long as the firmware update is not done, that the signal loss  does not happen?  I just returned a P3s that flew fine for almost 2 weeks and then had total video feed loss on every flight.  I'd like to upgrade to the Advanced, but not if I'm going to have the same problem.  If the fix is to not update the firmware, I see no issue with that unless someone here knows better.  Thanks for any info.!
2016-1-21
Use props
Airflix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 173622 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I've been getting "Weak Transmission Signal" since upgrading my firmware on both RC and AC after coming back from vacation last week with the 12/22 dated firmware.  I get video signal from the camera but I can't auto take off, only manual but I still get video feed.  I'm in Australia.  Wierd thing is that I bought a 2nd P3P as a backup in Hawaii and updated the firmware while I was there and didn't have such issues.  I haven't flown that bird since returning home but my older bird is experiencing this problem.

I will go thru the normal troubleshooting steps in this thread and report back,  Happy now that I've joined the club...not!
2016-1-24
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

Hi;

Did you fix the problem that you had?

Because My Phantom is one month old and I now have the same problem, I can star the motors and hover but no video feed.

Thanks for the help!
2016-1-28
Use props
MyithZ
New

United States

I've been having the EXACT same issues, except it happened randomly. It starts up normally (gimbal does its dance), I can move the camera, record video, take pics, fly it, yada, yada, yada.  But... no video from camera, and NO craft information and says "Not Connected" as the status. Once in a while... it works and I can fly the entire battery with no issues.  Once it's powered off to replace the battery... "Not Connected"  again, yet still have full control of the P3P. I've replaced the USB cable (the first time that seemed to work... just a coincidence though).  I believe this all started to occur at the last update of the DJI GO app.  There's a downloadable version on one of the P3 facebook forums that allows you to use the old "Pilot" app, and have read many people complaining about the new GO app.
2016-2-6
Use props
MyithZ
New

United States

george.ves Posted at 2015-7-22 02:56
Тhis is what I am getting. Perfect signal but no video feed...

Are you guys seeing the same black  ...

Have you checked your NTSC/PAL setting?  At least you are getting telemetry, I get the "Not Connected" message at the top and NO telemetry. Yet... I can control the gimbal, take video, pics, and fly.
2016-2-6
Use props
Sliquid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 332001 ft
United States

So this is the 3rd time I've attempted to reply to this on the mobile site and the last 2 times my replies never posted. Here goes attempt 3. Had same issue. Just got my quad today. Not new to rc scene, just been apprehensive with spending so much on a drone. Updated firmware had flight for 3 mins before losing video. Landed, researched, found no viable solution, downgraded firmware, tried video again, got nothing. Uninstalled app, wiped every trace of said app from my phone, everything! Folders, saved data, all app data(requires a rooted device) then rebooted phone and reinstalled. Checked video feed, it was back. Power cycled everything again, checked it after starting quad up, video still there. Updated fw, checked again, video still there. Went ahead and shut everything down for a few mins, turned it all back on, video still working. Not sure if this is an overall app issue having compatibility issues or if it is in fact the fw not initializing the video layer when it connects , but that is truly annoying. Might work for you, not sure what you have all tried. If you're using an apple device, not much I can say aside from wiping app data and uninstalling then reinstalling after reboot.
2016-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules