796 12 2019-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

The main screen of the Osmo Action shows ISO and Shutter speed when the camera is on Manual but not when the camera is on Auto.
I would sure like to check what auto would pick as I change ND filters.

Or am I missing something?

Bob
2019-5-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Bob, yes, there is no ISO and Shutter spec in the main screen in Auto Mode, your suggestion will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration in the future development, thank you very much for your feedback.
2019-5-29
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-29 01:28
Hi Bob, yes, there is no ISO and Shutter spec in the main screen in Auto Mode, your suggestion will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration in the future development, thank you very much for your feedback.

Thanks for passing that on Mindy.
2019-5-29
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi Bob.

Yes, exposure metering would be very useful. With that and a variable ND you could much easier record at 180 degrees.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-5-29
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

David_Harry Posted at 5-29 10:40
Hi Bob.

Yes, exposure metering would be very useful. With that and a variable ND you could much easier record at 180 degrees.

Exposure metering is already being done.  It is displayed on the phone.  Now they just need to add it to the Osmo Action screen.
2019-5-29
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

BobWinNV Posted at 5-29 12:40
Exposure metering is already being done.  It is displayed on the phone.  Now they just need to add it to the Osmo Action screen.

I doubt many people will be using it with a phone.
2019-5-29
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

David_Harry Posted at 5-29 14:04
I doubt many people will be using it with a phone.

My point was that they are already doing the metering for the phone screen they are just not displaying it on the Osmo Action screen.  The space is available they can just put it where they display the ISO and Shutter Speed when in manual.
2019-5-29
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

BobWinNV Posted at 5-29 18:44
My point was that they are already doing the metering for the phone screen they are just not displaying it on the Osmo Action screen.  The space is available they can just put it where they display the ISO and Shutter Speed when in manual.

I understood your point, my point was that the vast majority of people using the Action will not be using it with a phone.
2019-5-29
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

David_Harry Posted at 5-29 20:19
I understood your point, my point was that the vast majority of people using the Action will not be using it with a phone.

Nor will I.
2019-5-29
Use props
charlesetischer
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for your feedback, we will consider this feature in our optimization plan.
2019-5-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi BobWinNV and David_Harry, the post in 10# is from our engineers directly, we will keep optimizing our product to make your experience better, please note the future update, thank you.
2019-5-30
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-30 20:29
Hi BobWinNV and David_Harry, the post in 10# is from our engineers directly, we will keep optimizing our product to make your experience better, please note the future update, thank you.

Mindy,
Thanks for passing on my suggestion.
Bob
2019-5-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BobWinNV Posted at 5-30 22:31
Mindy,
Thanks for passing on my suggestion.
Bob

No problem, your suggestion is highly appreciated and also very good for the optimization, please let us know any time if you have other suggestion.
2019-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules