MAVIC 2 Controller Charging BUG
1275 1 2019-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

I couldn't find the proper place for this, seems the forums have all changed from the old style with different sections for each drone.

I have a job coming up where I need the controller for 15 flights a day for 3 days straight. I have been using my Mavic 2 Zoom for a while now with my Samsung Galaxy S10, have always only used Iphone for DJI. So far the Android system has been flawless, actually faster with the DJI Go App then my last Iphone X! However I just noticed a huge issue trying to figure out why my Mavic Remote Controller would only last 4 batteries. It's because the controller is always charging the phone! I went into the menu to shut this off and noticed the option that was always there, was not there! I hooked up my old Iphone and sure enough the option came back to dissable phone charging.

So is this because my samsung uses USB C and any USB C device will cause this? Or is this a bug that needs to be fixed in the Android App?

Please DJI can you fix this for Android users so I can use my new fast phone with a brilliant display all day instead of only 4 flights? Or if this is a hardware issue with USB-C, then I will have to go back to Apple Iphone for this drone.

Thank you!
2019-6-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day lolders. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. This matter / phenomenon is related to the android system and hardware. The Android phone ( Samsung S10 ) needs on-going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode. Thank you for understanding and support.
2019-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules