Firmware updates - Is it really required.
4659 10 2019-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
India

I have upgraded to Mavic 2 PRO recently from SPARK. I was wondering if it is required to upgrade the firmware becos I don't have any issues yet with the drone. The message continues to show while I open the DJI GO 4 app .
Is there any major advantage of having the new firmware update ?
2019-8-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day S.J. Thank you for reaching out. I would recommened to update the firmware of your drone for compatibility and reliability purposes on both the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application. You need to update to the latest firmware for you to be able to get all the most updated functions for your drone. I will be posting a link where you can download the most recent firmware for the said drone. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2019-8-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Judge for yourself, the release notes list the major changes in each build:-

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_en.pdf
2019-8-16
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would rather have the latest and greatest update.
2019-8-16
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
India

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-16 11:30
Hello and good day S.J. Thank you for reaching out. I would recommened to update the firmware of your drone for compatibility and reliability purposes on both the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application. You need to update to the latest firmware for you to be able to get all the most updated functions for your drone. I will be posting a link where you can download the most recent firmware for the said drone. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads

Hi there,

How do I see the firmware on my Mavic 2 PRO
2019-8-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

S.J Posted at 8-17 05:54
Hi there,

How do I see the firmware on my Mavic 2 PRO

With RC & aircraft powered up and connected, have a look in 'About' in the general settings menu (scroll down to bottom of menu) in DJI Go 4. That will show the current firmware version and allow you to update from there.
2019-8-17
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 108805200 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is always better to upgrade your firmware as DJI is always finding ways to improve the drone and when you get a firmware update for a drone as opposed to a software application then the net gains are going to be bountiful.
2019-8-17
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
India

thank you all for your feedback
2019-8-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day S.J. For you to be able to see the current firearm of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Please refer to the post of Aardvark at #7 for you to be able to check the firmware that you have and you can go to the DJI Assistant 2 and plug in your DJI Mavic 2 Pro, the DJI Asssitant 2 will tell you what firmware you are currently in. Thank you.
2019-8-17
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
India

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-17 15:44
Hello and good day S.J. For you to be able to see the current firearm of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Please refer to the post of Aardvark at #7 for you to be able to check the firmware that you have and you can go to the DJI Assistant 2 and plug in your DJI Mavic 2 Pro, the DJI Asssitant 2 will tell you what firmware you are currently in. Thank you.

thank you,  I have updated to the latest firmware
2019-8-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

S.J Posted at 8-17 23:27
thank you,  I have updated to the latest firmware

You are very much welcome S.J. If you have ant other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2019-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules