Remote Charging Port Failure
1505 3 2019-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Merlin 2512
lvl.2
Flight distance : 139406 ft

My Mavic Pro remote control GL200A is not charging because of broken pins within the Micro USB connector. Is replacement the only option? Can it be repaired? Is there another way to charge the remote?
2019-9-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Merlin 2512. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the charging port of your GL200A remote control . Since this issue is happening on your remote controller. I would recommend you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket for the said remote controller at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . For us to check and fix the said issue. In addition DJI we do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said drone. To avoid further damaging the said unit. Thank for your understanding and for your support.
2019-9-16
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer

1. Are you sure your inserting the cable the right way?
2. Are you within warranty?
3. What is your location? US of A?

This port is notoriously delicate. Thats why I went with a magnetic connector/charging cable, I just leave the mag. connector in the controller port, and when charging the cable just snaps/clicks to the connector and voila, your charging, and you leave that little sucker in 100 percent of the time, reducing the chance to damage the connector.

https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic- ... id=pla-757644135031

2019-9-16
Use props
Merlin 2512
lvl.2
Flight distance : 139406 ft

Flycaster Posted at 9-16 09:36
1. Are you sure your inserting the cable the right way?
2. Are you within warranty?
3. What is your location? US of A?

Great advice thanks Flycaster. I have ordered an "as new" replacement for AU$200 and a magnetic charging cable to make sure it doesn't break again :-)
2019-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules