Landing and transportation mode for transportation
1244 9 2015-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iceman
lvl.1

Germany

It is obvious that the transportation mode ist the correct one for transportation of the Inspire 1. But there are some cases to buy, in which the Inspire can be transported in landing mode. This is not space-saving but it is more easy because nothing has to be detached and the Inspire is almost ready to fly.

Are there disadvantages when transporting the Inspire in landing mode? Or it doesn´t mind?

I am thinking to buy a strong case for flights to other countries and I am not sure whether to buy a transortation mode case or a landing mode case.

Any suggestions?
2015-6-9
Use props
daniel.frederik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10656 ft
New Zealand

My Inspire is always in landing mode, unless airborne, with the camera & gimble attached. It reduces set up time & doesn't harm it.
DF
2015-6-9
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

if you are going to buy a case, buy a landing mode case. It might cost a little more, but I think it would be worth it.
I like this one  
http://www.amazon.com/Microrapto ... +cases+landing+mode
here is another one
http://tradecraftcases.com/inspi ... e-quickstrap-combo/

If you want a travel mode one, I would go with this one
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SGC6 ... liid=I1OPHAJKYGA8A5
2015-6-9
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

I understand the quick benefit of having the Inspire in the ready to fly mode with camera attached but I would prefer to remove the camera if flying long haul.  When the case gets thrown onto the conveyor belts and jolted around by baggage handlers the camera if still connected could be jolted and damage the pins.

I would prefer to put the aircraft in travel mode and put teh camera in its own little box.  Lets be honest here it doesn't take that long to set up from scratch.

You could also look at the Peli cases that have life time warranty.  The im2875 Peli case is big enough for the whole Inspire case to fit inside, or you can pluck out the foam inside to customise yourself.  I have a Peli for my Phantom and it is no wonder why they are used by military as they are very robust and certainly the case for long hail flights and transport.

http://www.peliproducts.co.uk/cases/storm/ps_im2875.html

other suppliers in US are :  
2015-6-9
Use props
iceman
lvl.1

Germany

That is what I am thinking about. Removing the camera when flying is probably better. But thins could be done in landing mode, too. But then the benefit is not as big as it could be.

Is there really a risk?
2015-6-9
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I alway have my Inspire in RTF mode - for me it is very convenient and I do not have the wear and tear by taking the camera on/off.
I have to say that I never travel by plane with my Inspire. Have made my own case for it - works greate for me.
2015-6-10
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

daniel.frederik Posted at 2015-6-10 03:41
My Inspire is always in landing mode, unless airborne, with the camera & gimble attached. It reduces ...

im saying this, taking it apart and putting it together is a major PITA, if you have the room for the larger case this is the best option by far in my opinion.  Some might say it could possibly damage the gimble/camera being connected and bouncing around all the time but I say negative.  I had mine fully assembled riding on the back seat of my F350 for over a month with no problems, couldnt afford the outrageously priced case, haha!

In related news screw those expensive cases, saw a guy that got a $55 husky i think wheeled work case from home depot and added his own foam for a sweet custom case, thats what im gonna do instead of the expensive pelican storm.
2015-6-10
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

Cannot speak enough of this one, had it a few months now and it is worth every cent!

2015-6-10
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

iceman Posted at 2015-6-10 12:58
That is what I am thinking about. Removing the camera when flying is probably better. But thins coul ...

exactly my thoughts... for long hauls, remove the camera, leaving it in landing mode
2015-6-10
Use props
iceman
lvl.1

Germany

Ok, I decided to take the landing mode case. Thanks for your thoughts!
2015-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules