5923 15 2019-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cayalag
lvl.3
Flight distance : 470656 ft
Spain

Hello,

I just got my Mavic Mini, updated the firmware, etc... I live a few KM from Malaga airport, and to my surprise, it doesn't allow me to fly in the blue zone (I was able to fly in the orange once after accepting the message shown in the app)

Bellow you will see a few screenshots.

This one shows the blue area I am refering to.
IMG_1108.jpg

When I try to take off, I get the notification saying I need authorization and it asks me if I want to unlock it.
IMG_1110.jpg

Once I press "Unlock" I get back to the main screen but it says "Unable to unlock restrictions"... Why ??? Is there anything else I have to do ?
IMG_1111.jpg

Cheers.
2019-11-12
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I cannot read spanish but it looks as if you are at an airport of some sort. Possibly a military airport? That would answer your question. You cannot fly there. But like i said i cannot read spanish so i am probably wrong.
2019-11-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry for the trouble that DJI Mavic Mini has caused you. For us to help and assists further kindly please send an email to flysafe@dji.com with regards to this issue. Thank you.
2019-11-12
Use props
cayalag
lvl.3
Spain

Yeah Bob, I am close to an airport, but due to the nature of the blue zone, I should be able to acknowledge it and fly
2019-11-12
Use props
cayalag
lvl.3
Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-12 10:42
Hi, I am sorry for the trouble that DJI Mavic Mini has caused you. For us to help and assists further kindly please send an email to  with regards to this issue. Thank you.

Thans Paladin, I will
2019-11-12
Use props
cayalag
lvl.3
Spain

Ok, DJI confirmed by email they will release a new firmware and Dji Fly app versión in December to address that issue.
2019-11-12
Use props
newi77
lvl.2

Austria

where can i find an explanation of the different zones ?
red = no fly
blue ? orange ?
2019-11-12
Use props
nerkaid
lvl.1
Spain

Where you are trying to fly is not allowed due to the AESA/ENAIRE regulation in Spain, anyway, even if you try to unlock the zone being INSIDE your house, is not possible.
When contacted the support response was:

"Please accept my sincere apology for this inconvenience caused. Kindly note that Mavic Mini doesn't support to unlock the No Fly Zone currently. We will launch a new version of the aircraft firmware and DJI Fly App in late December to support unlock the no-fly zone. Please pay attention to the official announcement. Thank you for your understanding and support."Source: MavicPilots.com

Another great job of DJI on the release.

2019-11-12
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

I understand the whole no fly zone thing but I would be very disappointed if I can't fly inside my house at least in the blue zone which requires an auth.  I'm sure a lot of people will be upset if DJI doesn't fix it before the holidays.  Let's hope they fix it sooner than late December.  
2019-11-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

cayalag Posted at 11-12 10:47
Thans Paladin, I will

You're very much welcome, Always happy to assists. Thank you.
2019-11-12
Use props
BobB
First Officer
United States

nerkaid Posted at 11-12 12:09
Where you are trying to fly is not allowed due to the AESA/ENAIRE regulation in Spain, anyway, even if you try to unlock the zone being INSIDE your house, is not possible.
When contacted the support response was:

oh wow let's see i am not going anywhere anytime soon so i should be good to go. To bad for the others who are and is affected by this...
2019-11-12
Use props
BobB
First Officer
United States

cayalag Posted at 11-12 10:45
Yeah Bob, I am close to an airport, but due to the nature of the blue zone, I should be able to acknowledge it and fly

Lucky guess. Hope they get it fixed sooner than later for you
2019-11-12
Use props
josedaniel8a
lvl.1
Colombia

Good job champions, it is assumed that the mavic mini should not have such restriction problems due to its weight, but they bring to the market a product that cannot be flown, and that is not even registered in the safe unlock.
They definitely do not think before putting things on the market, in my case I am also close to a commercial airport and I can not fly the drone until "end of December" if they comply, thanks dji for leaving thrown to those who buy your products.
2019-11-15
Use props
Riplex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226125 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Same problem here ! My Mavic 2 starts and my Mini won´t ???? Whats this ???
2019-11-15
Use props
Alan E
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6457 ft
  • >>>
United States

Joemar7 Posted at 11-12 12:34
I understand the whole no fly zone thing but I would be very disappointed if I can't fly inside my house at least in the blue zone which requires an auth.  I'm sure a lot of people will be upset if DJI doesn't fix it before the holidays.  Let's hope they fix it sooner than late December.

If Mavic Mini owners will be able to push a couple buttons to unlock a blue authorization zone with the late December update, why not do a temporary patch to unlock the blue zones for now DJI?
2019-11-15
Use props
seggaf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23 ft
Indonesia

I just got my Mavic mini today, and can not fly it anywhere in my city because my WHOLE city is in the Blue Zone (our airport is located in center of my city). What kind of joke is this?
2019-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules