Question about manually adjusting precision landing
477 3 2019-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jaydawgx7
lvl.1
United States

I just received my Mavic 2 Pro and only have a couple flights on it. I've noticed when using the RTH and precision landing, it can be a bit off which is fine. However, when trying to give it just a little stick input to correct the position, the drone acts like I gave it 100% stick in whichever direction I push it in. Instead of gradually moving over, it kinda darts to the side which doesn't seem correct or very safe. Is this normal? Is there a setting to change how it reacts to stick input when in precision landing? Sorry if this has been posted prior, but I tried looking for a similar post.
2019-11-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro, For the remote controller concern, I would recommend that we do a remote controller calibration to isolate the issue. I would be posting an official DJI Video Tutorial for the Remote Controller Calibration. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2019-11-13
Use props
Jaydawgx7
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-13 16:23
Hi, I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro, For the remote controller concern, I would recommend that we do a remote controller calibration to isolate the issue. I would be posting an official DJI Video Tutorial for the Remote Controller Calibration. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK0R46QPeag

Thank you for the reply, however, I think you're misunderstanding. The controls are calibrated and work perfectly during normal flight. However, when the drone is 'returning to home' on it's own and coming down for landing, stick input acts as if it's either 0% or 100% with no in-between. If the drone is going to miss the landing mark by a couple feet and I provide minimal stick input to correct it, it goes full tilt and acts like I immediately gave it 100% input.  When landing without auto-landing, the stick input is normal and I can ease the mavic into the proper position.  Has anyone else experienced this? It seems to just be the way it works, but seems way more dangerous
2019-11-19
Use props
otto22
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73688 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I was out with my drone yesterday and got exactly the same thing.
Auto returned, drone was fairly close to the landing pad, went to adjust the position slightly and woooha the drone darted away - there was no fine tuning.

The weather is a bit against me today, i'll try and switch the controller to tripod mode and see if that makes a difference when using auto landing.
2019-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules