[Feature Request] Mavic Mini Gestures and Smartphone control
4131 15 2020-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

Hi.
I can ask about this but i want only to know if this is possible in theory, in the future.
I am still waiting and still not decide to buy Mavic Mini because of this 2 great
things was in my Spark.
Because as many people said - Mini is entry level for family holidays.. So it should have this options. Or maybe for drone ethusiast? Hehe...
1. Gestures control is important to take quick photo if you are on trip just because of time
( not need to connect, waiting etc..) and not disturb other people. And this is safe because drone only fly few meters and come back.. You can always go for and off by rotate.
And there is great option in Mavic Air to take 3 photos, not one as in Spark. Should be in family drone.
2. Smartphone as controller. It's a must in entry level MINI. Its easy to operate, safe ( not fly so far as with controller) and its handy / portable on holiday. Please remember that in many countries you can't fly far in fact. And i dont understand idea of MINi if with controller is MAXi. And you need load battery controller too. Why i can't use only smartphone like in Spark? Is the Spark advanced drone?...

There are so many cons MM that not understand. Not understand philosophy of DJI management.
2020-1-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day MARTINEZX. Thank you for sharing these information and your insights with regards to this matter. I will forward this information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-10
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-10 09:46
Hello and good day MARTINEZX. Thank you for sharing these information and your insights with regards to this matter. I will forward this information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your valued support.
Thank you Dji Stephen
screen_ebeb2eb3da428b2c_1557306898000.jpg
2020-1-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

MARTINEZX Posted at 1-10 09:54
Thank you Dji Stephen

You are very much welcome MARTINEZX and thank you for posting this wonderful photo you have captured. Great work and it is nice to see you. Fly safe always.
2020-1-10
Use props
djiuser_xLLwVHzBGuQp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23645 ft

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-10 12:26
You are very much welcome MARTINEZX and thank you for posting this wonderful photo you have captured. Great work and it is nice to see you. Fly safe always.

Please can you also suggest that the add a software tracking option at certain distance, maybe update the current tracking software option in quick shot but this time without having the 15 seconds limit, but to have adjustable limit up to 20mins etc just like we have adjustable distance and altitude ☺️
2020-1-10
Use props
djiuser_xLLwVHzBGuQp
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-10 12:26

Please can you also suggest that the add a software tracking option at certain distance, maybe update the current tracking software option in quick shot but this time without having the 15 seconds limit, but to have adjustable limit up to 20mins etc just like we have adjustable distance and altitude ☺️
2E278B89-BD30-4E0B-897A-E270EB754880.jpeg
2020-1-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_xLLwVHzBGuQp Posted at 1-10 15:05

Hello and good day. Thank you for the suggestion and the information provided. Rest assured that these information will also be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2020-1-10
Use props
djiuser_xLLwVHzBGuQp
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-10 16:25
Hello and good day. Thank you for the suggestion and the information provided. Rest assured that these information will also be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.

Thank you, I really appreciate it
2020-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_xLLwVHzBGuQp Posted at 1-12 02:34
Thank you, I really appreciate it

You are very much welcome. If you have any other request, inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you.
2020-1-12
Use props
emaneg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

MARTINEZX Posted at 1-10 09:54
Thank you Dji Stephen

Did you enjoy Creta Island? I guess this is it!
2020-1-12
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

emaneg Posted at 1-12 10:33
Did you enjoy Creta Island? I guess this is it!

Yes a lot. Few fantastic beaches. This is Balos beach from Spark. There is great 4k best 50 beaches on Crete videos on youtube. And of course full of history cities. I recommended Malta and Cyprus too.

This year im going to Sicily, but i sold my Spark with hope of Spark 2. And i dont know what to do now. Mavic mini need some Spark functions i liked. Now i think about quick solution like Dji Ryze Tello and put Insta360go camera on it. Maybe DJI want to send me one for testing? ;) The plan is Taormina and Castelmola
screen_e389a58e7b02e905_1557306828000.jpg
screen_f02820cd6f997767_1557306570000.jpg
screen_fae7c26379cbe44d_1557421598000.jpg
screen_5945ebfceb6e4040_1557306566000.jpg
screen_d319c232d4342f07_1557216698000.jpg
screen_2ec7ac928c7ca1be_1557216696000.jpg
2020-1-12
Use props
emaneg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

MARTINEZX Posted at 1-12 15:31
Yes a lot. Few fantastic beaches. This is Balos beach from Spark. There is great 4k best 50 beaches on Crete videos on youtube. And of course full of history cities. I recommended Malta and Cyprus too.

This year im going to Sicily, but i sold my Spark with hope of Spark 2. And i dont know what to do now. Mavic mini need some Spark functions i liked. Now i think about quick solution like Dji Ryze Tello and put Insta360go camera on it. Maybe DJI want to send me one for testing? ;) The plan is Taormina [view_image] and Castelmola [view_image]

Yes, i was there as well. Balos is really fantastic place. Pity beacause exceedingly crowded and full of boats. It should be integral natural reserve, otherwise in few years it will be gone.
2020-1-13
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

DJI, in short just give us back the Spark features please.
2020-1-13
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

As i see Micro drone 4.0 have Active and Sideway track under 200$. Interesting but comparable to Tello in my opinion
2020-1-15
Use props
Wren2k2
New
United States

I definitely picked up a Mini thinking the some of the easy control features from the Spark such as gesture control, phone control, etc would either already exist or would be added.  The mini doesn't even have a follow mode, let alone follow with person/object recognition...........I'm honestly fairly disappointed.  Many cheaper drones offer a similar/comparable experience.
2022-1-25
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

Wren2k2 Posted at 1-25 13:11
I definitely picked up a Mini thinking the some of the easy control features from the Spark such as gesture control, phone control, etc would either already exist or would be added.  The mini doesn't even have a follow mode, let alone follow with person/object recognition...........I'm honestly fairly disappointed.  Many cheaper drones offer a similar/comparable experience.

Exactly... Sometimes i need only quick start from hand without any pair phone, controller etc...
Just for few selfies ( as Air 1 and Spark ) and back.
Easy to do by software.      In fact , strange, that modern , newer drone, more advanced even not have basic Spark features...
Think, you are on Holiday with some nice girlfriend or family, walkin trough some mountains or beaches, you want only take some Mini in pocket... Not possible.
You need to take phone, controller and ... you need to remember to load batteries to 3 pieces, pair this, check status, wait for satellites , check if you can fly and you family is 1 km away....  "Hey ! Wait for me, I am only taking some photo...."  
2022-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules